Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    regardless there will be both a new console and a handheld or a hybrid released soon the 3ds is at the end of its life.
    That depends. Considering they released N3DS beginning last year, it might not be as dead as we think it is. I mean yeah, it does exists for several years, however with the new HW they prolonged its life span. And there is only one game who actually can use the new hw? Wouldn't make sense to release something for just couple of years, especially considering how long it took for Nintendo to actually have some kind of sucess with that console.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's time to give Farfetch'd either an evolution or at least a mega evolution. Either way, I want the new form to be a samurai/ninja look with him drawing a sword from the leek. If it's just an evolution, I want him named Notso. Fits the Asian samurai/ninja theme, and then it's Notso Farfetch'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I think it's time to give Farfetch'd either an evolution or at least a mega evolution. Either way, I want the new form to be a samurai/ninja look with him drawing a sword from the leek. If it's just an evolution, I want him named Notso. Fits the Asian samurai/ninja theme, and then it's Notso Farfetch'd.
    Dunsparce needs an evolution as well. I always thought of it like the land version of Magikarp, just with the ability to do more.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    That depends. Considering they released N3DS beginning last year, it might not be as dead as we think it is. I mean yeah, it does exists for several years, however with the new HW they prolonged its life span. And there is only one game who actually can use the new hw? Wouldn't make sense to release something for just couple of years, especially considering how long it took for Nintendo to actually have some kind of sucess with that console.
    Sadly, it makes zero sense for developers to make N3DS exclusive games. N3DS userbase is feaction of the whole 3DS -family userbase. Focusing on N3DS makes no financial sense for devs. A real nextgen machine would be a little better, but even them rely heavily on first party developing for start.

10+ Year Old Account

(at least i dont have to buy new 3ds for new pokemon)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I don't want to go back to Kalos. Hated the region.
    Why did you hate it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Why did you hate it?
    No special reason, i just liked previous regions more

No special reason, i just liked previous regions more
    That does not qualify as hate :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Sadly, it makes zero sense for developers to make N3DS exclusive games. N3DS userbase is feaction of the whole 3DS -family userbase. Focusing on N3DS makes no financial sense for devs. A real nextgen machine would be a little better, but even them rely heavily on first party developing for start.
    Hm, true that. However still I don't think Nintendo would release it if they thought it'll become obsolete within two years. On the other hand as NX hasn't been officially announced yet, who knows when that one will actually be released...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    That does not qualify as hate :P
    Yeah, should of said disliked. Woops!

Yeah, should of said disliked. Woops!
    Not even dislike xD That means that you simply liked something else more.

Hm, true that. However still I don't think Nintendo would release it if they thought it'll become obsolete within two years. On the other hand as NX hasn't been officially announced yet, who knows when that one will actually be released...
    they did the same thing with the gameboy colour.

and if you look at every handheld theyve ever made the next generation ALWAYS comes around 2 years after the major revision

gameboy 1989
    gbc 1998

gba 2001
    gba sp 2003

ds 2004
    dsi 2008

3ds 2011
    new 3ds 2014

nx 2016 most likely for the console, 2017 most likely for the handheld.

it fits exactly with nintendos previous releases, the new 3ds was made to pump up sales of the 3ds because sales of the original had gone down, as soon as new 3ds sales start to dip they'll bring out the nx handheld.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Gotta admit I thought there was bigger gap between gba sp and first ds, but seems there wasn't except here in Europe. I still believe it will be replacement for Wii U but let's see. In worst my wife will just kill me if I buy new handheld as I got n3ds just a month ago... oh well

15+ Year Old Account
    You're still looking at a likely minimum 6 months before any release, console or handheld. Granted that really all depends on what they unveil at E3 in June. You never know really, they could be damn near done with the new product and use E3 as the launch announcement and a demo machine. Or the otherside is, we get to see the basics of what they new product is/does.

Or if they hire some ppl from GF's PR, we'll get only the name at E3 and it won't even be full but just Nintendo and three big dots after...

Gotta admit I thought there was bigger gap between gba sp and first ds, but seems there wasn't except here in Europe. I still believe it will be replacement for Wii U but let's see. In worst my wife will just kill me if I buy new handheld as I got n3ds just a month ago... oh well
    the nx coming this year is without a doubt either a home console or a hybrid, but even if it isnt a hybrid the nx handheld or whatever the next handheld is will definitely be coming next year at the latest
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Without a doubt? So far there's been rumors upon rumors, but nothing official has ever been confirmed. Except the name and I ain't even sure about it at the moment. And until Nintendo itself confirms it will be released in 2016 I would not keep my expectations that high.

Without a doubt? So far there's been rumors upon rumors, but nothing official has ever been confirmed. Except the name and I ain't even sure about it at the moment. And until Nintendo itself confirms it will be released in 2016 I would not keep my expectations that high.
    its not just rumours, lots of people in production centers are basically screaming a console is coming this year, unless the ps5 or xbox 2 is secretly coming out the only thing it can be is the nx

10+ Year Old Account

New movie?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its not just rumours, lots of people in production centers are basically screaming a console is coming this year, unless the ps5 or xbox 2 is secretly coming out the only thing it can be is the nx
    Let's see. I wouldn't mind being wrong on this one at all...