Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Not all aspects of the game are intended to appeal to all players
    Yes different people like different things. Don't like pet battles? Don't do them. Don't like mission tables? Too bad. Everything is locked behind them.
    Like very short time that you have to interact with mission table to unlock those things. Other than that you get quests and do them like usual..

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Not all aspects of the game are intended to appeal to all players
    Yes different people like different things. Don't like pet battles? Don't do them. Don't like mission tables? Too bad. Everything is locked behind them.
    If you're talking about WOD I'm relatively certain you can do all the primary content without using your mission table once. You have to interact with your shipyard to unlock Tanaan but that takes all of five minutes.

Not sure about class halls yet but it sounds like they don't even unlock anything, just give you new shit to do every day if you want to.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Whether we end up being forced or not to use the mission table v2.0 much if at all is not really the point here in my opinion,the fact they decided to actually implement some sort of iteration of it at all after all the flak they received with it in Wod is actually baffling to say the least,by what I have noticed personally from people in the guilds my characters are in and random discussions with people on my server,the overwhelming majority of players either hated the whole concept or actually couldn't give a shit about it at all.

On top of that I really expected better than a point,click and drag minigame,the devs at this point appear to truly be creatively bankrupt,if this is the best idea they can come up with then God help us,more and more i get the feeling Blizzard has stuck a "B" team on WoW and moved the truly motivated and talented devs over to their other franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Whether we end up being forced or not to use the mission table v2.0 much if at all is not really the point here in my opinion,the fact they decided to actually implement some sort of iteration of it at all after all the flak they received with it in Wod is actually baffling to say the least,by what I have noticed personally from people in the guilds my characters are in and random discussions with people on my server,the overwhelming majority of players either hated the whole concept or actually couldn't give a shit about it at all.

On top of that I really expected better than a point,click and drag minigame,the devs at this point appear to truly be creatively bankrupt,if this is the best idea they can come up with then God help us,more and more i get the feeling Blizzard has stuck a "B" team on WoW and moved the truly motivated and talented devs over to their other franchises.
    Just stop with this. You have no idea what the overwhelming majority wants or doesn't want. People saying stuff in trade means nothing. The people who hate the system will complain. The people who are fine with it will typically say nothing.

Blizzard thinks they can make the garrison system into something enjoyable. I'm all for them giving it a shot so long as it doesn't interfere with the way I like playing the game. They have done a good job with most of their games at implementing new twists on old ideas, so I don't see why they shouldn't try here either.
    My YouTube kill vids!

15+ Year Old Account
    The more I read about this crap the more confused I get.
    As far as I see now, Class Halls are a mix between the old shipyard and daily quests. Two things I really fucking hate. Good job.

Since it's tied into the legendary grind, it's mandatory. Not having legendaries is like not gemming/enchanting which is just plain rude to your group.

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Just stop with this. You have no idea what the overwhelming majority wants or doesn't want. People saying stuff in trade means nothing. The people who hate the system will complain. The people who are fine with it will typically say nothing.

Blizzard thinks they can make the garrison system into something enjoyable. I'm all for them giving it a shot so long as it doesn't interfere with the way I like playing the game. They have done a good job with most of their games at implementing new twists on old ideas, so I don't see why they shouldn't try here either.
    No I have no idea what the overwhelming majority wants,but based on conversations I have had,like I said,many people don't give a shit about them at best and at worst despise the idea,like you I personally couldn't care what they do either as long as it dose not hinder my gameplay.

On the other hand,just like you,I am entitled to my own personal opinion,and I stand by my thoughts that the mission table concept is mediocre,uncreative and adds nothing of value to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    No I have no idea what the overwhelming majority wants,but based on conversations I have had,like I said,many people don't give a shit about them at best and at worst despise the idea,like you I personally couldn't care what they do either as long as it dose not hinder my gameplay.

On the other hand,just like you,I am entitled to my own personal opinion,and I stand by my thoughts that the mission table concept is mediocre,uncreative and adds nothing of value to the game.
    You're welcome to your opinion, but if you can't defend it nobody will listen to you or take you seriously. Also you are projecting. You keep using the terms "many" people and "majority" etc. But have you considered the fact that since you are opposed to garrisons and mission tables you might be suffering from confirmation bias here? It's highly possible you are not noticing the people who enjoy the mission tables, or you don't have much in common with them so you never talk with them. I don't collect model trains and I don't know anyone who collects model trains, but that doesn't mean those people aren't out there who find it a legitimately enjoyable activity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    As far as I see now, Class Halls are a mix between the old shipyard and daily quests. Two things I really fucking hate. Good job.

Since it's tied into the legendary grind, it's mandatory. Not having legendaries is like not gemming/enchanting which is just plain rude to your group.
    What exactly do you want then? You don't want dailies, you don't want mandatory grinds, you don't want shipyards. Sounds like you just want to be able to log in and get loot.
    My YouTube kill vids!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Wow, everyone loves managing followers and doing missions; let's just copy/paste this feature into our next expansion for an easy win!"
    thats what the dev currently think though

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think when people say "I like to play this way" or "I like to play that way" they're way to self centered and are asking too much of Blizzard to take them into account. But what I think is even worse is that Blizzard is openly admitting that it wants to cater this game to every one and their grandmothers.

I feel that Blizzard should make the game that they want, not what every individual who plays WoW wants. I don't want them to focus on a bunch of small mediocre things because it will please the most amount of individuals, I want them to make the game they want and polish it so we get a great experience and a great game again. I just think that Blizzard currently has the wrong design philosophy. They're no longer thinking: "what makes a great game?" but are just thinking about how they can please the greatest amount of people to keep sucking out every last penny of current subscribers.

it isn't much different to the stuff you have to do for the past few legendaries in the game, they all involved having to go through a story (your class story in legion) which is location is in your class hall, for the last "part" to your legendary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    What exactly do you want then? You don't want dailies, you don't want mandatory grinds, you don't want shipyards. Sounds like you just want to be able to log in and get loot.
    I don't want free loot. I want freedom. The game should NOT dictate when do I play, how long I have to wait and what do I play. It was good until LK. Starting with Cata they started to force mind numbing unfun, zero skill repetitive timegated crap on us.

In other words: if the whole garrison and legendary questline didn't exist and instead they had given us extra raids and dungeons, WoD would have been much more fun.
    Last edited by Zka; 2016-04-13 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want free loot. I want freedom. The game should NOT dictate when do I play, how long I have to wait and what do I play. It was good until LK. Starting with Cata they started to force mind numbing unfun, zero skill repetitive timegated crap on us.
    I'm not certain I understand how you can say that started with Cataclysm. Does attunements ring a bell?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    If the Blizzdrones think this response is going to quieten things down you've got another thing coming. The fact is MISSION TABLES are still one of the very first things you do in Legion, given the visceral hatred of this feature it remains a giant slap in the face and no amount of "sharing philosophies" is going to change that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    If the Blizzdrones think this response is going to quieten things down you've got another thing coming. The fact is MISSION TABLES are still one of the very first things you do in Legion, given the visceral hatred of this feature it remains a giant slap in the face and no amount of "sharing philosophies" is going to change that fact.
    heres an idea, we wait to see what they add to the class hall mission stuff that watcher was talking about before we bitch about something not there for us to test. boohoo you talk to a board instead of a board shaped like a npc, get over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm not certain I understand how you can say that started with Cataclysm. Does attunements ring a bell?
    Which attunements? I liked the Kara one and the BC heroic keying. Attunements for other raids were crappy and they were removed fairly early in BC.
    In LK I can't really remember any attunements.

In other words: if the whole garrison and legendary questline didn't exist and instead they had given us extra raids and dungeons, WoD would have been much more fun.
    Oh please, WoTLK was the king of dailies and weeklies that was heralded in by sunwell.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    it isn't much different to the stuff you have to do for the past few legendaries in the game, they all involved having to go through a story (your class story in legion) which is location is in your class hall, for the last "part" to your legendary.
    The bad thing about the WoD legendary was that even after the whole thing was unlocked it was still TIME gated.

Time gating is the worst thing blizzard ever implemented into wow. Started nice and easy in TBC with a few crafting stuffs. Culminated(hopefully) into a complete and utter fucking borefest of lfr grinds for alts in WoD and Pandaria.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Oh please, WoTLK was the king of dailies and weeklies that was heralded in by sunwell.
    And they were completely optional as far as I remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The bad thing about the WoD legendary was that even after the whole thing was unlocked it was still TIME gated.
    Time gating is the worst thing blizzard ever implemented into wow.
    This is basically my main point.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to their second iteration. From what I've read, it's mostly aimed at actually getting you into the world again instead of waiting at the table. Assigning some guys to go track down somebody and then follow up on that by meeting them out in the field when they found him seems alright with me. Everybody who's just foaming at the mouth needs to calm the fuck down and actually inform themselves on the subject instead of swinging for the windmills.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

So the one time they should have gone with their standard knee-jerk reaction is the one time they don't?

Fucking hell.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton