Poll: If Blizzard brings Vanilla WoW server, how would you like them to do it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Give them the true classic feel. 1.0. No updates.
    and connection shouldn't be better than 64k
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

original timeline

So now you are not content with a classic server, you need to release MULTIPLE versions of it over time?

What else, employ GMs to ban cheaters and hackers? Or maybe even enforcing rules of conduct?

Now you want the entire hand?

pretty sure Blizzard has repeatedly stated they don't even have the source code/builds from that era to even put up a server
    Imagine if life really was fair, and all the bad things that happen to you happen because you deserved them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it's a Legacy server, not much progression in it.

I would like an option to opt-out and get less subscription fee, or a function where people have to opt-in for a small fee.

I loved vanilla/classic and all the adventures, but in this year and all the years after it had passed, it is just a husk of what it used to be. It'll never have the same feeling for me again, it is just raiding the good memories for a shred of nostalgic entertainment.

As said, I don't mind people having their Legacy servers, as long as I can get the option to not cover those servers at all.

And to avoid the spam, I'll just link the mighty Wall of No, instead of posting it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by pvrwizard View Post
    pretty sure Blizzard has repeatedly stated they don't even have the source code/builds from that era to even put up a server
    Runescape said this same thing "It's not possible" Yet they were able to pull RS 07 out of their asses.

stop with this "They don't have the code" bullshit. Of course they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Since it's a Legacy server, not much progression in it.

I would like an option to opt-out and get less subscription fee, or a function where people have to opt-in for a small fee.

I loved vanilla/classic and all the adventures, but in this year and all the years after it had passed, it is just a husk of what it used to be. It'll never have the same feeling for me again, it is just raiding the good memories for a shred of nostalgic entertainment.

As said, I don't mind people having their Legacy servers, as long as I can get the option to not cover those servers at all.

And to avoid the spam, I'll just link the mighty Wall of No, instead of posting it.
    I thought the same way as you did, until I actually gave it a try and was re-amazed all over again. Actually WANTING to play wow with sound on and not music.. Was intense and blown away at the same time. FeelsGoodMan.

Only way I would not mind playing a Vanilla Wow server is if they had more modern class balance, they can keep everything else the same. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    Only way I would not mind playing a Vanilla Wow server is if they had more modern class balance, they can keep everything else the same. Just my 2 cents.
    I've been playing Nost for a long time, and this is really the ONLY thing I can agree with. Making Elemental, Ehancement, Feral, Balance, Ret, Prot and Shadow all viable. c:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I thought the same way as you did, until I actually gave it a try and was re-amazed all over again. Actually WANTING to play wow with sound on and not music.. Was intense and blown away at the same time. FeelsGoodMan.
    I have tried these vanilla/classic servers before, many was basically just a bunch of whine that had enabled special conditions of vendors. XP modifiers etc. Some where the 'real' thing, but still didn't feel right. Wasn't the feeling it was back then, and felt off.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    If Blizzard caves in and makes Vanilla servers, I won't care about progression there. Instead I will start rioting about creating MoP server. If someone can officially relive their "glory days", I want to relive wow in ere which I consider the best...

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    How I'd do it:

10 servers ( 5 Pve, PvP), 1 of each for Classic/BC/WotLK/Cata/MoP

each server would be set to the last patch before the prepatch for the next xpac. For example, the BC servers would be set to the very last BC patch, rather than the WotLK prepatch.

No xfers to or from the servers, no opposite faction toons on the PvP servers

The servers would never "progress" into the next patch, but are perma-locked into the state they were created in. They would receive only necessary maintenance and bug fixes.

Must have a game sub/time card on your account to access them

Legacy servers for WoD would be added when Legion receives its final patch, and so on for the future.
    I could not have said this any better.

And if I were them I would also say guys we aren't going to update these, they are what they are....enjoy.

And it would be perfect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Follow the original release schedule
    This, but what happens when its all released and farmed to death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    A tweak here and there to make certain classes more viable, maybe protection gets thunderclap and a paladin taunt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    This, but what happens when its all released and farmed to death.
    I don't think that would really happen... classic is such a deep game that rerolling has a drastic effect on it. Sure it eventually ends but we are not talking a WoD style game you can beat in five hours at level cap then go back on harder modes here.

That said I hope blizz doesn't make the servers. I don't trust them enough not to fuck with it. Before you know it there would be a cash shop followed by balance changes and all sorts of bs.

I would rather old expacs remain in the hands of fans who care about quality and detail rather then blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think that would really happen... classic is such a deep game that rerolling has a drastic effect on it. Sure it eventually ends but we are not talking a WoD style game you can beat in five hours at level cap then go back on harder modes here.

That said I hope blizz doesn't make the servers. I don't trust them enough not to fuck with it. Before you know it there would be a cash shop followed by balance changes and all sorts of bs.

I would rather old expacs remain in the hands of fans who care about quality and detail rather then blizzard.
    There is a lot to do you are right, but i just believe people will eventually want a legacy TBC server.

Blizzard overtinkering would also be a worry if it came true, its clear they hate the vanilla model so i doubt it would stay like that for long.

10+ Year Old Account
    No need for these topics, cuz it's not gonna happen.

Tom Chilton (Game Director for World of Warcraft) answered a question about classic servers during the BlizzCon 2015 World of Warcraft Q&A.

While we realise there is a desire for servers running previous versions of the game, we do not have any plans to setup classic servers. The old code is designed to run on the old hardware. The old code brings with it the old data, which includes the old bugs. The natural expectation from players would be that we would fix these bugs to ensure a smooth gameplay experience (along with the need for Customer Support and other dedicated support teams for such realms).

We feel it is not feasible to support multiple versions of World of Warcraft concurrently, and instead believe that our resources would be better placed continuing to build upon the current live game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    There is a lot to do you are right, but i just believe people will eventually want a legacy TBC server.

Blizzard overtinkering would also be a worry if it came true, its clear they hate the vanilla model so i doubt it would stay like that for long.
    There are currently tbc servers out there. If people want to play it they can. Its just... well I don't trust blizzard enough as a company to believe they wouldn't fuck around with and ruin a expansion like tbc. The game was just so much more in depth and well designed I think they would mistake that for being broken now. Private servers have their faults. The one I am on npcs tend to be on roofs of small building like tents and sheds rather then in them and pet pathing is pretty iffy in some places but I would rather have that then a tbc with a cash shop.

Release raids over time, that way its a lot less likely to get burned out and to make sure everyone raids every raid during their time. Going Molten Core/Onyxia's Lair > Blackwing Lair/Zul'Gurub > Ahn'Qiraj 20/40 > Naxxramas. Also every expansion should have atleast 1 PvE and PvP server.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sockzz View Post
    I think Blizzard should continue on their current path and drive sub numbers down even further while ignoring the plea of thousands of gamers for classic servers
    Yeah because the few thousand that would actually use legacy servers is more than the 5million playing actual retail.

Deleted
    Most private servers run 1.12 with progression, so that makes the most sense. Would probably make sense to have time limits in between tiers becoming available so people dont just steamroll through the entire game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post

Problem is now a legacy server from Blizzard is the only way we can get a secure server, since the Nost shutdown is pretty obviously meant to be Blizz making an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirra View Post
    If Blizzard caves in and makes Vanilla servers, I won't care about progression there. Instead I will start rioting about creating MoP server. If someone can officially relive their "glory days", I want to relive wow in ere which I consider the best...
    Go for it, The more options the better imo. After each expansion especially content dead ones like WoD and what legion looks shaping up to be (No I don't consider the same dungeon with an affix that doubles damage or the garrison table to be content rich.) releasing servers for all previous expansions and resetting them at certain intervals would mean that during the very large amounts of down time we could hop into a previous expansion and enjoy it rather than logging in to run circles around the order hall to them log off 30 minutes later.

There is nothing wrong with more options and more choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Yeah because the few thousand that would actually use legacy servers is more than the 5million playing actual retail.
    Come on mate not even you believe there are 5 million players left, There are 3 high pop servers in the entire EU system at peak times and even then capital cities are dead and there are barely 100 people in stormshield / warspear respectively. We are far closer to the 2 million mark than the 5 million.
    Last edited by MagicMert; 2016-04-13 at 10:07 AM.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"