Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    And to all the fucktards saying "But but but- there's millions of them, they can take on anything!" I'd suggest rereading history and seeing how that worked out for the russians in WWII, civilian levy infantry charges? Battle of Stalingrad?

5,756,000 Dead soviets. And lacking everything they did they still were better equipped than the refugees, and had the benefit of fighting a singular and identifiable foe.
    And to this day we salute Stalin as a commanding hero!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Considering Palestinians land were taken away and given to Jews after WW2 i found that hard to believe, and lets not forget what happened in 1948....
    Are you seriously implying that all the Jews returned to Israel? I assure you, there's still plenty of them here; but thanks for proving my point that it required foreign intervention to even make Israel a reality- the Jews didn't carve it out themselves. Also, the remark I replied to was concerning mass refugee exodus's in history.

And to all the fucktards saying "But but but- there's millions of them, they can take on anything!" I'd suggest rereading history and seeing how that worked out for the russians in WWII, civilian levy infantry charges? Battle of Stalingrad?

5,756,000 Dead soviets. And lacking everything they did they still were better equipped than the refugees, and had the benefit of fighting a singular and identifiable foe.
    They stayed and fought. They were men, they weren't cowards like these military aged male "refugees", just looking for handouts and free welfare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    They stayed and fought. They were men, they weren't cowards like these military aged male "refugees", just looking for handouts and free welfare.
    If you went through a single day of what most of them have experienced youd probably be talking about it for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Because defending women, the elderly and children is not a value embraced by their culture.
    It obviously isn't.

The overwhelming majority of these supposed "refugees" are military aged men who are cowards who abandoned their mothers, sisters, and wives for free welfare in Europe.

It's a disgrace.

Deleted
    Lol, if you think they stayed because "FOR MOTHER RUSSIA" or any such bullshit, nope. I would wager that if the Germans didn't kill them, their own side would have sooner or later, along with their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    That most countries got surprised by Germany and the US sidekicks that I still don't know where you wanted to go with them. Did the US fuck shit up and destabilize the region? Yes. Are refugees fleeing from them? No.
    You mean like USA didn't know Japans intentions and impending attack on Pearl Harbor? Most did because most of the countries were attacked without declaration of war, knowing that there is a possibility of being attacked and war being declared are two different things....
    So you agree that USA helped? Now tell me how can you not see correlation between those two? If USA didn't destabilized such country there wouldn't be refugees yew years after due to internal fights and so on....

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Lol, if you think they stayed because "FOR MOTHER RUSSIA" or any such bullshit, nope. I would wager that if the Germans didn't kill them, their own side would have sooner or later, along with their families.
    This pretty much. Stalin and Hitler (specifically Hitler) killed people that refused to fight. So you basically had no choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    A solid majority were forcibly press ganged and conscripted, not that I expect some Drumpf loving twat to know their history. You are the ultimate exercise in futility.

You mean like USA didn't know Japans intentions and impending attack on Pearl Harbor? Most did because most of the countries were attacked without declaration of war, knowing that there is a possibility of being attacked and war being declared are two different things....
    So you agree that USA helped? Now tell me how can you not see correlation between those two? If USA didn't destabilized such country there wouldn't be refugees yew years after due to internal fights and so on....
    I remember reading that the US actually was fully aware that Japan could and would attack USA. They just ignored it.

Deleted
    My grandfather was an airman - parachuter his rank was lieutenant colonel ( potpukovnik on my language ) other got rank of major.... Yours
    That explained it, My noting special they did there time as conscripts in the Swedish military during ww2 (sergant) my grand-grandfader was customs officer and was involved with Danish resistance and did get a medallion by Danes after the war.

That is wild speculation on your part.

Either way, they stayed and defended their country, and "For Mother Russia" from what I have read is a pretty common trait amongst Russians.

Of course I agree that the US played a large role behind it; I just don't see why you brought that up in a discussion about what the refugees are fleeing from. It's like saying people are running from the gun, not the shooter.

Countries were wary and aware about Germany's militarization in both WWs far before the first shot, they just tiptoe'd around it and hoped it would go away until it was too late. At the very least after Poland the cards where on the table, but looking at the timeline there still isn't an excuse for many countries to act suprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Who asks you to care? Whether you do or not has no influence on western countries and their decision making. Not that there's a logical link between caring about (failed) states and caring about other humans.
    Umm.. the people whose tax money is used to feed all them refugees?
    The people that are afraid of stepping on their once safe streets now because they hear so much in media about rapes etc?

If you are a govt that wants to house refugees, you better damn well make sure that your citizens care about helping others or you will have a civil unrest/war on your hands.

Common logic.

Deleted

Either way, they stayed and defended their country, and "For Mother Russia" from what I have read is a pretty common trait amongst Russians.
    So those purge things..those never happened? Go read a book instead of browsing the internet, might be helpful.

Are you seriously implying that all the Jews returned to Israel? I assure you, there's still plenty of them here; but thanks for proving my point that it required foreign intervention to even make Israel a reality- the Jews didn't carve it out themselves. Also, the remark I replied to was concerning mass refugee exodus's in history.
    Ofc not all Jews did returned to their promised land, I never said thay did. All I said was that Palestinians land were taken and given to them, shortly after the war.

"Order No. 270, dated August 16, 1941, was issued by Joseph Stalin. The order required superiors to shoot deserters on the spot. Their family members were subjected to arrest. Order No. 227, dated July 28, 1942, directed that each Army must create "blocking detachments" (barrier troops) which would shoot "cowards" and fleeing panicked troops at the rear. During World War II, the Soviets executed 158,000 soldiers for desertion."

Just wild speculation eh? So much for ur "mother russia" claims. I'm surprised that even 160 000 soldiers were executed because the stakes in actually fleeing are so high that i most that were scared probably never even tried to run. Some must've been extremely desperate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desertion
    Last edited by Krille; 2016-04-13 at 01:49 PM.

Forget "why don't they stay and fight?" and instead ask "when war's over in Syria, will they leave their new European lives?"

10+ Year Old Account
    So those purge things..those never happened? Go read a book instead of browsing the internet, might be helpful.
    Oh he'll read a book alright, "Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again" by Donald Trump. That's about the extent of his literary breadth.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    I remember reading that the US actually was fully aware that Japan could and would attack USA. They just ignored it.
    They reason why they ignored ( USA government ) was because majority of citizens in USA were against USA joinig the war, after the attack that changed.