Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Maybe blizz should just make another mmo

I mean, I am a supporter of playing vanilla, but i understand that the economic hurdles for it atm are just that, hurdles. maybe you can make the jump, maybe not, maybe you hit the first hurdle but succeed over the rest or whatever.

Anyway, I dont care what format its in, but I just want an actual MMO COMMUNITY.

Vanilla, not specifically nost(not trying to make this about nost or legacy servers, just mentioning them), but back when i played vanilla. it had great community. the community was great all the way through most of WotLK. it started its decline with the introduction of LFG, then LFR. I stopped playing before WOD came out and from what i hear or see wow has pretty much turned into a single player game.

Also I completely understand that not everything in vanilla was all so perfect as people claimed it to be, it had plenty of problems, the suicide rate for people leveling warriors was high, depression for people trying to play ret pallies or boomkins were at dangerous levels. finally finding your 5th person for stratholm but their in silithus with a CDd hearth and your group doesnt have a warlock..PvP balance was perfect tho! i mean come on, it was =P 3k backstabs anyone!!?!

BUT, the community that was born made all this crap that people had to endure worth it.

So really, If blizz just makes another MMO, they need to do this.

new story
    no LFG
    no LFR
    no garrisons i guess
    no listening to players who whine about wiping in a heroic 5man, demanding it to be nerfed because they are in mostly all blues and the expansion came out 5 days ago and it should be super easy by now!!!! (that really is the worst >_>)

and whatever else i can't think of right now that destroyed community

They just need a game that fosters community and people will flood to it.

its not the game that destroyed the community ... and even tho i loved the old days, i dont get why people think the game made the community into the abomination it currently is ...

the community destroyed itself ... its this current generation of young people with their need for instant gradification and being triggered by any and all bullshit.
    this is also not a wow problem, its a problem in EVERY aspect of life.

and your proposition wouldnt work, cause the people that used to love the old days are now older and mostly dont play anymore or dont play as much anymore (priorities seem to shift over the course of ones life ... who would've guessed ^^) and the young crowd wouldnt play such a game for all the reasons why we get the kind of games we see these days.

They tried for years they worked on Project Titan. It was scrapped and the teams working on it went back to working on wow or Overwatch. The lead designer for titan became the lead on overwatch.

Blizzard realized that a new MMO would be an expensive risky move. They can do much less and make much more money with team fortress 2 style garbage like overwatch.

Consider this: Gabe newell Founder and CEO of Valve. He is a billionaire. Valve prints money because of team fortress 2, csgo, Dota 2 and the steam service. Gabe loves RPGs and MMOs he has played lots of world of warcraft. He has stated he wants to make his own mmo and has the resources to do it. So why hasnt he? Simple because they can Print money with minimal effort by selling games, not making an mmo and updating f2p games that are immensely popular with microtransactions instead therefore continuing to print money with low expenses. The Point of any business maximize profits and minimize costs. Valve's biggest costs are Salary and Server Maintenance and Security against hackers. Their customer service is shit and slow to respond so they don't spend money on that and because they stopped making games their costs are very low compared to what they could be. Of course I think they should make games and they would most likely at least some of them be good games and make a lot of money so they would be worth making.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2016-04-13 at 01:34 PM.

Wow has to basically die (yeah, right) until blizz even considers next mmo. If they made next mmo it would compete with wow and reduce their profits from both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    its not the game that destroyed the community ... and even tho i loved the old days, i dont get why people think the game made the community into the abomination it currently is ...

the community destroyed itself ... its this current generation of young people with their need for instant gradification and being triggered by any and all bullshit.

and your proposition wouldnt work, cause the people that used to love the old days are now older and mostly dont play anymore or dont play as much anymore (priorities seem to shift over the course of ones life ... who would've guessed ^^) and the young crowd wouldnt play such a game for all the reasons why we get the kind of games we see these days.
    what does age have to do with anything? most of the guildmasters i have had were in their 40s with kids. so bringing up the argument, "people are getting older" is pure crap no offense.

any person could demand more access to loot.. but.. there was no evidence as far as im aware that people would have left the game if blizzard denied it to them.. INFACT! people starting leaving when blizzard DID give it to them...

everytime people begged for have the game to be made easier for them, blizz subs dropped. and people like to bring up the argument that it was just because the game is getting older, but there was no evidence for that either.

And the game did destroy community, the environment created by the game created a worse community.. and you can't this say isnt possible.. as you say look at real life.. take a crappy neighborhood full of low employment and compare it to one with high employment. I guarantee that the same people would behave different in each environment.

I think they should make a new mmo once they're finished with wow. Having 2 different mmo's at the same time might be a risk and/or a bad decision compared to other choices when it comes to making money.
    Hopefully they will stay away from the warcraft universe when they make the new mmo.

And yes i understand the complications of running 2 MMO's simultaneously, im just speaking in whatever lol

You think you want a new mmo, but you don't :P

I think if wow "died" Blizzard would not make another MMO they would focus on keeping wow alive and making new games (RTS and Moba and Diablo)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I know none of us really do we want wow to just be better than it is.

I think they should but not for the reason you may think, nowadays they are living on the shoulders of R.Pardo J.Kaplan and all devs who left and let them a masterpiece to keep running, i'd really like to see what all the masterminds that managed to rape wow would do when asked to start something like that from scratch...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    They tried for years they worked on Project Titan.
    ...Which they openly stated was NOT going to be an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ...Which they openly stated was NOT going to be an MMORPG.
    But was going to be an MMO... as per title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    I mean, I am a supporter of playing vanilla, but i understand that the economic hurdles for it atm are just that, hurdles. maybe you can make the jump, maybe not, maybe you hit the first hurdle but succeed over the rest or whatever.

Anyway, I dont care what format its in, but I just want an actual MMO COMMUNITY.

Vanilla, not specifically nost(not trying to make this about nost or legacy servers, just mentioning them), but back when i played vanilla. it had great community. the community was great all the way through most of WotLK. it started its decline with the introduction of LFG, then LFR. I stopped playing before WOD came out and from what i hear or see wow has pretty much turned into a single player game.

Also I completely understand that not everything in vanilla was all so perfect as people claimed it to be, it had plenty of problems, the suicide rate for people leveling warriors was high, depression for people trying to play ret pallies or boomkins were at dangerous levels. finally finding your 5th person for stratholm but their in silithus with a CDd hearth and your group doesnt have a warlock..PvP balance was perfect tho! i mean come on, it was =P 3k backstabs anyone!!?!

BUT, the community that was born made all this crap that people had to endure worth it.

So really, If blizz just makes another MMO, they need to do this.

new story
    no LFG
    no LFR
    no garrisons i guess
    no listening to players who whine about wiping in a heroic 5man, demanding it to be nerfed because they are in mostly all blues and the expansion came out 5 days ago and it should be super easy by now!!!! (that really is the worst >_>)

and whatever else i can't think of right now that destroyed community

So you want the same company that, according to ~800 pages in the Nost. thread is progressively ruining WoW each day, to create a NEW MMO? And somehow that company won't piggyback off the lessons they've learned since 2004, but essentially recreate Vanilla?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I think he wants a new mmo that is made by Blizzard more than anything else. I know I've tried countless mmo's over the years, and wow was always the one that has "something" that makes it more special than others (at least for me).

Thought I still don't see the current situation so bad that I would beg Blizzard to give up on wow and switch to making a brand new mmo. Not to mention the problem it would cause for players who were so much invested in the game and on the buiseness side. I guess we'll see if Legion brings the charm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    But was going to be an MMO... as per title.
    "Titan" means "MMO" now?

Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "Titan" means "MMO" now?

Please elaborate.
    Thread title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    I think he wants a new mmo that is made by Blizzard more than anything else. I know I've tried countless mmo's over the years, and wow was always the one that has "something" that makes it more special than others (at least for me).
    Yeah in a perfect world I would want to play WoW in the state it was in during TBC or possibly WOTLK and with content patches forever but that's not going to happen. WoW holds a special place i my heart as well but for me it's just not enjoyable in its current format and I've moved on to FFXIV. Even though it's a worse game than WoW used to be, it's a better game than WoW is atm so it'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    new story
    no LFG
    no LFR
    no garrisons i guess

These systems are not the reason why WoW's Community is shit. There is many MMO's that use systems equal to or alike these and has a fine Community.

The problem with WoW's community is the community itself. Its not blizzard, Its not some QoL feature and if you shutdown WoW tomorrow and moved everyone to a MMO by blizzard it would still have the same amount of asshats. The communtiy was shit in alot of places in TBC and Wrath and its shit in alot of places now. This isn't anything new and in truth it mirrors alot of the gaming community as a whole. People are just immature picks and sadly you see those the most.

Its not the tools fault its the people who use the tool.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm perplexed on how many people on here are stuck in the past. What worked in 2005 won't work in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post

Used to think this way until I played on Nost, and experienced a community that not only reflected my memories of vanilla wow but exceeded them. The game did destroy the community, not the players. I constantly see this argument on the forums and it has no evidence to support its claims, but thousands of us have the experience to prove this isn't the case. Build the right game or play the old one and the community will be great. I'd honestly argue the entirely opposite, this newer generation seems to be much more community driven than our older generation of gamers was, and it makes sense considering they've grown up in the always connected social media and internet driven world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    I'm perplexed on how many people on here are stuck in the past. What worked in 2005 won't work in 2016.
    Many of us have experiences now that proves this isn't the case, what worked in 2005 works just as well or maybe even better in vanilla 2016.