Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkleberryfin View Post
    The problem with flight is that there is no flight content. There's no flying enemies, no flight combat, no vertical exploration. I like flying around and I hope flight gets enabled much sooner than it did with WoD, but I don't have any actual reasons to want it right away either.

Also, Black Desert.
    We had at least some flying content before. Blizzard devs are very strange in this matter - they say that flight hampers their ability to create content, but they completely forget that flying also opens ways for creating content, which is not possible without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Flying trivializes travel. Removing flight would add the element of roadside mobs, world pvp through hostile zones and the requirement of interaction with your peers to achieve things. coupled with the removal of LFD/LFR we would have an MMO again.
    Or Blizzard could create air content, air pvp that isn't just an attempt to carbon copy ground pvp.

On top of that...what IS it with you guys and forced grouping? Dungeons and raids already cover group content. Why does it need to bleed over into every other aspect of the game?

While I'm not against having the option to group if I want to, I should also have the option to NOT group if I don't feel like it. This idea of forcing people to interact with you even when they don't want to needs to die in a fire. Neither you not the Devs get to dictate what a person finds fun, and trying to force everyone into a single version of it by taking away and limiting options generally results in backlash and failure(hence the debacle of WoD).

Flying should have been are into a legitimate choice, with benefits for the players either way. But Blizzard took the easy way out instead of innovating.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-04-12 at 07:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Heh...it took 217 pages for someone to finally bring up reality.

During leveling is about the only time most people will ever set foot outside of a city or whatever cloned form of Garrisons Blizzard throws at us next. It's been so long since I leveled my characters through WoD that I don't even remember what half the zones even LOOK like. I mean, sure, being able to fly around Tanaan would be helpful, but I haven't had any issues running around on the ground. At least not to the point where I would go through the ridiculous hoops they have in place to unlock WoD flying. I spend most of my time in old-world WoW, so I can fly anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

There was plenty of 'vertical exploration' in WoD. Most of the treasures were behind some sort of jump puzzle, or stuck on a hill that was hard to climb.
    I hate sitting around in a city, no matter if I wait in a queue or not. When I am through my garrison chores, I go out there and do something in the world. No-flying is a huge dissatisfying factor for me when I have max level. And it's very convenient for leveling alts. While I don't buy the BMAH tome for flying in MoP - I get fast enough through the levels with all the heirlooms - I like to have flying in every other area, especially for leveling alts in WoD with its horrible area design.

And I hate treasures. Jump & run is incredibly bad in WoW. I could balance and jump around on a fence and poles with my totally drunk hobbit in LotRO. I have enjoyed jumping around in GW2 to reach vistas. I am simply not able to recreate even a part of this feat in WoW because the engine is so bad, thus treasures are not fun in this game. If they should ever improve the engine, then I will change my stance on treasures, but as long as we have this crappy mess, I hate them.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Urrgh, one of the worst mistakes of WoD, repeated >.<

Seriously, flying was fine for four expansions before WoD screwed things up, hell the only point in the games life when flying wasn't around was vanilla and the travelling was horrific and seriously detracted from the enjoyability of the game (unless you wear rose tinted specs).

During leveling is about the only time most people will ever set foot outside of a city or whatever cloned form of Garrisons Blizzard throws at us next. It's been so long since I leveled my characters through WoD that I don't even remember what half the zones even LOOK like. I mean, sure, being able to fly around Tanaan would be helpful, but I haven't had any issues running around on the ground. At least not to the point where I would go through the ridiculous hoops they have in place to unlock WoD flying. I spend most of my time in old-world WoW, so I can fly anyway.
    I think you guys really exaggerate what is required to get flying lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I think you guys really exaggerate what is required to get flying lol
    No, treasures should not be a requirement, and reputations neither. Exploration & questing achievements are fine, beyond that everything is exactly these "ridiculous hoops". Reputations and treasures are not connected to flying - except in the cases of 3 factions from BC and MoP, where we also had flying content!

People keep citing Black Desert but they will be adding fast travel systems as the map grows to Black Desert.

This is what happened with Lineage 2 after Chronicles 3 where before that you ran to most places like Black Desert.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

There was plenty of 'vertical exploration' in WoD. Most of the treasures were behind some sort of jump puzzle, or stuck on a hill that was hard to climb.
    Good post.

Let me add that we never received the epic quest line they promised either to unlock flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Maneo,ask me how I know you haven't been playing long? You certainly don't recollect vanilla/early TBC when all of those things existed in abundance without flight.

Oh, Black Desert.
    That is the thing they existed w/flight as well. Even more so.

Also played since Vanilla smart guy = )

Black Desert ok, I have not played it so I will take your word for it. However it doesn't take but a few moments of research to figure out that the open world in BD, is infinitely different then WoW.

Do you really think Blizzard will every put that much work into their open world? If so I have ocean front property to sell you in Nebraska.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    People keep citing Black Desert but they will be adding fast travel systems as the map grows to Black Desert.

This is what happened with Lineage 2 after Chronicles 3 where before that you ran to most places like Black Desert.
    good to know.

Bottom line is this disabling flight didn't do fuck all to improve the game. All it did was add tedium and annoyance, forcing people to use flight paths (that encourage you to do anything but stay in game) that is simply bad game design.

Could a expac w/out flight work? Yes absolutely however the next question is do you think Blizzard is creative, intelligent, or willing to put that much work into it? Nope not even close WoD proved that Blizz is either Creatively or Intelligently bankrupt, lazy, or just don't fucking care..
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    No, treasures should not be a requirement, and reputations neither. Exploration & questing achievements are fine, beyond that everything is exactly these "ridiculous hoops". Reputations and treasures are not connected to flying - except in the cases of 3 factions from BC and MoP, where we also had flying content!
    I'm not ok with any of that. Why are the devs trying to shuttle people into playin the game a certain way. It's a fuckin mmo, and flying was fine for 4 expansions when it cost gold and required max level. Why is it suddenly a great idea that you should need lore master? Why not throw in 1000 pet battles and 10 mythic archimonde kills...... Just as arbitrary.

This entire expansion can be summed up of blizzard fixing things that weren't broke and breaking them and making things that were kind of broke and making them even worse

Exactly.

How about instead of having to do exploration and treasures in order to fly, we use flying to explore and to find treasure?

Such a simple difference, and so magnificent if Blizzard would only take the time to include flight in their 'vision' instead of closing their eyes and covering their ears.

Oh for cripes sake, you wont be flying while you level, who cares really, we didnt fly till level cap in every expansion but one. It wasnt hard to level in any expansion without flying till level cap, legion wont be any different. So work on the cheeve leveling up and get it at 110

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    Oh for cripes sake, you wont be flying while you level, who cares really, we didnt fly till level cap in every expansion but one. It wasnt hard to level in any expansion without flying till level cap, legion wont be any different. So work on the cheeve leveling up and get it at 110
    Are you just trolling, or are you really the... 50th(?) person to enter this thread believing that anyone here wants flying while leveling. While also acting as if flying was readily available all the time at max level and will be in legion?(its the latter this thread is about btw)

The thread is about:
    WoD was terrible because there was no flying when we hit max level and legion will be terrible as well because there will be no flying when we hit max level.

<sigh> no one is asking for flight while leveling. You would also be hard pressed to find anyone that has a problem w/completing a achievement to unlock flight.

Now allow me to take a moment to educate you. Flight will not be available at max level and by all indications it will not be available until the last patch of the expac. Are you ok w/that?

If you are good for you. However I hope now that you understand the issue (because you obviously didn't w/your post), you are able to comprehend while others are not ok with it.

You see we have tried Blizzs expac w/out flight at max level. It was weighed measured and found lacking. Please anyone provide me any indication that Legion will be different, because everything coming down the alpha pipe line states otherwise.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

The majority of people that have a problem with these achievements are probably the ones that had 0/4 of them done (5th being tanaan rep) when they found out they were required to fly. But there are some of us that had all of them done because we just "passively" did stuff like explore draenor, finished all the quests, gathered toys for garrison resources in the beginning of the expansion and did the Apexis dailies.

I am not against having flight at max level, I'd love to have it as soon as I ding 110. Maybe they should just increase the price of flying? Like it usually costs 5K but with the inflated amount of gold from garrisons maybe it should cost 50-100K instead of achievements.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2016-04-13 at 04:50 AM.

The majority of people that have a problem with these achievements are probably the ones that had 0/4 of them done
    Or maybe the majority of people who have a problem with the achievements recognize that they're nothing more than a shameless attempt to force people to do content they aren't interested in, by using flight as a carrot.

Maybe they should just increase the price of flying? Like it usually costs 5K but with the inflated amount of gold from garrisons maybe it should cost 50-100K instead of achievements.
    Maybe people should stop thinking in such limited scope of black and white. How about this: Flight can be unlocked via an epic quest OR by completing a list of achievements OR by a simple gold value. Each set up so that they're all more or less equally viable options.

The entire idea of designing the game to funnel people into playing only in a single way is weak, and should be viewed with contempt and disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Exactly.

How about instead of having to do exploration and treasures in order to fly, we use flying to explore and to find treasure?
    But if you skip flying, you'll miss out on the fun of running around for 5 minutes, trying to work out how to get up a cliff before getting frustrated and alt-tabbing out to wowhead.

Fun! Exploration!

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Are you just trolling, or are you really the... 50th(?) person to enter this thread believing that anyone here wants flying while leveling. While also acting as if flying was readily available all the time at max level and will be in legion?(its the latter this thread is about btw)

The thread is about:
    WoD was terrible because there was no flying when we hit max level and legion will be terrible as well because there will be no flying when we hit max level.
    Oh no , but there is a large segment that want flying off the bat or no dice.

<sigh> no one is asking for flight while leveling. You would also be hard pressed to find anyone that has a problem w/completing a achievement to unlock flight.

Now allow me to take a moment to educate you. Flight will not be available at max level and by all indications it will not be available until the last patch of the expac. Are you ok w/that?

If you are good for you. However I hope now that you understand the issue (because you obviously didn't w/your post), you are able to comprehend while others are not ok with it.

You see we have tried Blizzs expac w/out flight at max level. It was weighed measured and found lacking. Please anyone provide me any indication that Legion will be different, because everything coming down the alpha pipe line states otherwise.
    I am actually fine with not flying. But the point is they said the cheeve to get it will be in the game and able to be worked on from the start. And you go the other route and say we may not get flight till last patch...fear monger much? I swear, just the facts ma'am, this is sounding like GD more and more.

I am actually fine with not flying. But the point is they said the cheeve to get it will be in the game and able to be worked on from the start. And you go the other route and say we may not get flight till last patch...fear monger much? I swear, just the facts ma'am, this is sounding like GD more and more.
    The achievement will be in the game from 7.0 but you won't be able to complete all of the stages until a later patch. It could be the first major content patch or the last major content patch or one inbetween.

With how it was handled in WoD, how could anyone expect different. It isn't fear mongering it is past actions combined w/their silence on the issue.

Fact - Blizzard liked how flight was handled in WoD
    Fact - The Achievment will be available in 7.0, to be completed at a later date
    Fact - Blizzard hasn't said jack on the issue

Logical conclusion - Flight will be available at the end of the expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The achievement will be in the game from 7.0 but you won't be able to complete all of the stages until a later patch. It could be the first major content patch or the last major content patch or one inbetween.
    All Blizzard would have to say is "Achievement can be completed in 7.1 and that is when flight will unlock" put all this to rest. Their silence indicates that they know when flight is going to be enabled, they just know it isn't going to be popular so they are remaining silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    All Blizzard would have to say is "Achievement can be completed in 7.1 and that is when flight will unlock" put all this to rest. Their silence indicates that they know when flight is going to be enabled, they just know it isn't going to be popular so they are remaining silent.
    The silence indicates they don't know when flight will be released, either because they don't have plans or they think their plans might change.

What if they do announce flight for 7.1, then decide to either pull forward some raid content or delay the content needed for Pathfinder? Suddenly flight is being unlocked in 7.2 and the tears and accusations will flow all over again.