10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Yes I remember the daily in TBC where I got to play Simon Says. And this was the first set of "daily's" that Blizz introduced into the game. Plenty of lore there.

Do me a favour cause I'm lazy. Make a thread and ask people if they enjoy daily's. I can't see many people thinking it's enjoyable. There's a reason I call it copy and paste content, cause that's literally what Blizz devs have done. It's easy, quick, and lacking of context.

Which is ironic how that's changed. Before people were racing to experience the content before it became irrelevant, and now we have 1 whole year between 6.2 and Legion. Blizz can't do anything right.
    Don't get me wrong, daily quests are quite enjoyable, when you do the once in a while (or for argument sake - just once), but when you have to do them for five weeks to get a reward and this reward will be outdated by the time you get it because you can't do dailies every day - whelp, that's where the problem lies for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Iirc, around 30 level you hit the wall of "where the fuck do i level now?" and "fuck these neutral locations with fucking red leveled players crapping all over me"
    Yeah I would never be caught dead on a PvP realm in a retro/PS setting. Way too much class imbalance and just general asshattery could ensue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans Koomen View Post
    Maybe we could propose Blizzcon to be the event for information gathering, with polls added on the forums. The "hardcore" crowd will be there, so maybe a bit biased but it would be a start.
    You want polls to be somewhat relevant? You put them ingame if anything. Most people don't care about forums. Give them a reward or some sort for completing it (like blade of soul beta did) and you'll get something more representative. You need a sub for the forums anyway too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I don't know if I'd try and use Blizzcon as the way to do it outside of asking the question about the servers again during the Q&A. But maybe something at Blizzcon would work. Whatever it is, it needs to be organized and done the right way or it will just kill the cause.
    To me, the best party to check for interest would be Blizzard themselves. Combining the information gathered with information they already have. The only thing is that they should be open about it.

Don't get me wrong, daily quests are quite enjoyable, when you do the once in a while (or for argument sake - just once), but when you have to do them for five weeks to get a reward and this reward will be outdated by the time you get it because you can't do dailies every day - whelp, that's where the problem lies for me.
    Well that is one thing I liked about TBC dailies, at least the earlier ones. Most of them didn't offer rewards that would beat out raid drops or even heroic dungeon drops if I remember correctly. Some of them like Netherwing I never touched at all because the big thing from that was a mount and I was a druid with flight form so I didn't care at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wanna993 View Post
    You want polls to be somewhat relevant? You put them ingame if anything. Most people don't care about forums. Give them a reward or some sort for completing it (like blade of soul beta did) and you'll get something more representative. You need a sub for the forums anyway too.
    Heh well Blade and Souls were pretty bad though, people would pick random answers just to get that shit out of their face. The problem with that was there was just too many damn surveys. But one survey on WoW with a few questions would likely be just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh sure, they are free to do what they want!
    But most of these people from Nos come here and get quite aggressive.
    They either insult people for playing on official servers, act like they are heroes and break the forum rules by discussing private servers.

I'd like to see someone just say: "I play on a private server and I know it's not allowed. So now I'll just find another one."

You didn't hear me crying when my favourite torrent-uploader got closed down; they hardcoded dutch subtitles and now I have to explain my mom how to download .srt-files on her computer so she can watch movies.
    You did not read this thread? There have been a lot of posts like this. And again, as if only people from Nostalrius are aggressive and insulting.

To me, the best party to check for interest would be Blizzard themselves. Combining the information gathered with information they already have. The only thing is that they should be open about it.
    Yeah but getting Blizz to be open with data like that would be pretty damn hard to do if not impossible.

Deleted
    Heh well Blade and Souls were pretty bad though, people would pick random answers just to get that shit out of their face. The problem with that was there was just too many damn surveys. But one survey on WoW with a few questions would likely be just fine.
    Giving random asnwers is a kind of answer as well. It probably means you can't even be bothered with what the poll is about.

There is no audit or accounting for anything these folks did. There is no compliance or regulatory system either, so we have no idea if they made money, used donations only for servers costs (which btw would save the NOST guys from spending their own money and thus could be considered a profit, it is not like they are incorporated or anything).

Also did anyone sell gold or items, raids etc for real money on the server? Did one player pay for those services with real money? If so profits were made outside of Blizzards control of their IP. It would be EASY for Blizzard to prove that NOST or persons using the illegal implementation could be profiting outside of Blizzard's own control and space. It would be impossible for NOST to prove otherwise.

It is good to have huge financial departments, it makes sure you can prove things with your HUGE legal teams.

This discussion boils down to two things.

1.) Was what NOST did allowed? Nope. Reality of the world thing. It is just how this all works.
    2.) Should their be vanilla servers? From an individual perspective it is a matter of opinion. From Blizzard's perspective they do not believe it is something that should be implemented.

Discussion over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh sure, they are free to do what they want!
    But most of these people from Nos come here and get quite aggressive.
    They either insult people for playing on official servers, act like they are heroes and break the forum rules by discussing private servers.

I'd like to see someone just say: "I play on a private server and I know it's not allowed. So now I'll just find another one."
    You didn't hear me crying when my favourite torrent-uploader got closed down; they hardcoded dutch subtitles and now I have to explain my mom how to download .srt-files on her computer so she can watch movies.
    Yup that is one of the reasons why this thread took off was the "Better than you" attitude. Though we were no better in firing back. It generated plenty of angry posts on both sides and caused this thread to go as long as it has.

Deleted
    Yeah but just taking the Blizz makes the call stand sucks because it does not invoke a discussion usually. Blizz is not infallible and changes things all the time. If the demand is TRULY there then they'll make that call. I still think it is a can of worms they do not want to open because demand for other servers/balance fixes/changes/etc will flood them, but they'll likely consider that if deciding to open classic realms.
    I think the bolded part can be avoided if they clearly state the goals beforehand and don't budge because of pressure. Like they should've/could've done with cata heroics and arguably flying. "This is what we decided, if you don't like it leave".

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    There is no audit or accounting for anything these folks did. There is no compliance or regulatory system either, so we have no idea if they made money, used donations only for servers costs (which btw would save the NOST guys from spending their own money and thus could be considered a profit, it is not like they are incorporated or anything).

Also did anyone sell gold or items, raids etc for real money on the server? Did one player pay for those services with real money? If so profits were made outside of Blizzards control of their IP. It would be EASY for Blizzard to prove that NOST or persons using the illegal implementation could be profiting outside of Blizzard's own control and space. It would be impossible for NOST to prove otherwise.

It is good to have huge financial departments, it makes sure you can prove things with your HUGE legal teams.

This discussion boils down to two things.

1.) Was what NOST did allowed? Nope. Reality of the world thing. It is just how this all works.
    2.) Should their be vanilla servers? From an individual perspective it is a matter of opinion. From Blizzard's perspective they do not believe it is something that should be implemented.

Discussion over.
    From what I know gold sellers were most definitely on their realm due to the infographic they posted about banning them. As far as raid selling/item selling, I don't know.

Deleted
    I think the bolded part can be avoided if they clearly state the goals beforehand and don't budge because of pressure. Like they should've/could've done with cata heroics and arguably flying. "This is what we decided, if you don't like it leave".
    They clearly stated beforehand that no legacy servers. If we assume they do it, then why couldn't it happen to all the bolded part as well?

The not budging because of pressure thing wouldn't work though because they'd be budging just to open them in the first place and have budged on other things already. So there is a precedence for Blizz backtracking and giving in to the outcry which makes that can of worms loom that much larger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laminir View Post
    Hosting provider did, that's why it got the letter from Blizzard lawyers.
    So how did the people behind Nostalrius profit from the hosting provider making profit? Oh, they could continue their hobby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Did you get the check for today from Nost to troll the thread to 1000 pages? Mine seems to be late
    You're getting paid? Sign me up!

So how did the people behind Nostalrius profit from the hosting provider making profit?
    It didn't matter that the people from Nost might not have profited. SOMEONE in the chain did, that being the server hosting company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laminir View Post
    Hosting provider did, that's why it got the letter from Blizzard lawyers.
    random doods selling accounts with 60s for 150$ also profited from it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    It didn't matter that the people from Nost might not have profited. SOMEONE in the chain did, that being the server hosting company.
    Yes, that's not the problem. But again, semantics are the cause of misinformation. People saying that Nostalrius made a profit and then backtracking to saying the hosting company did, should not make the initial statement.

- - - Updated - - -

random doods selling accounts with 60s for 150$ also profited from it
    And this we see on live servers too

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Signature bots aren't the easiest things to write you know.
    Change.org doesn't even have a captcha....
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?