Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nope, not even one bit. They need to regain my trust with a content-rich and quality xpack. Legion is their last chance. If not, i may try final fantasy which people praise a lot.

Trust? No fucking way. But I don't think they intentionally fuck it up, so it's a problem of communication and outcome, not fraud... I wouldn't believe shit coming from them, but not because they're liars, but because they seem to not be able to actually deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    I dont think laws told them to homogenize the talent tree or the combat system but whatever, for your question, i mean they're businessman not in the strict definition, im talking about something like, "well guys, maybe they're right and its going to work so lets try and even if we lose something it will be ok" that can't happen because someone above them will say "nah...i dont know, maybe its better playing it safe and keep it as it is, you know you designed warcraft but im the Activision Ceo and your boss so you have to do what i say"

Maybe its not like that i dont know, what i know is that at the very moment that they have merged with activison, they have lost decision-making power.
    This is not true in the slightest.

They actually GAINED decision making power by merging with Activision and they became a more free thinking and independent company by merging with them.

Has Bobby Kotick put his hand in the Blizzard cookie jar? No. And I don't expect him to any time soon. They merged in name only. Thats it. They gain synergies by being one merged company.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Nope, not even one bit. They need to regain my trust with a content-rich and quality xpack. Legion is their last chance. If not, i may try final fantasy which people praise a lot.
    @Kuntantee where did they "lose" your trust? They did a massive 180 and completely regained my trust after the dog shit expansion that was Mop. WoD is packed full of features, what features are they lacking? Honestly, I'd like to know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StAlia View Post
    I trust Blizzard to find ways to do their primary job, which is to make money and to extract more out of fewer customers. I also trust that most people working on Warcraft are passionate about the game. You wouldn't have the excellent visual and audio experience otherwise.

I do not trust the people responsible for the gameplay to deliver something that I am personally interested in. They favour cross-realm band aids over proper realm mergers, they favour LFD/LFR over realm and guild communities, they favour swinging massively back and forth in their philosophy on reputations and daily quests, they favour single-player narrative-driven questing over making a world that is still interesting at max level, and they favour less abilities and single-role gameplay over letting players make the most of a vast arsenal of spells and abilities. It's also been years since I've understood what they're going for in PvP.

Unfortunately, it seems Blizzard wants World of Warcraft to be a different game from what it was at first.

That's their prerogative, but it's not something I'm interested in subscribing to.
    Well thats your view, and not necessarily the views of the majority, im sorry to say.

I disagree that they didn't deliver compelling gameplay with WoD. I think the raids are A++. I think the dungeons are A++. I think the content patches have been A++. They added a FULL new zone for crying out loud. Chuck full of treasures to boot.

I trust them the squeeze as much out of WoW as they can, make a couple of more expansions, make Warcraft 4, and shortly after, WoW 2.

7+ Year Old Account
    I trust them to put their fingers in their ears and go " NANANANANANA WE CAN'T HEAR YOU" most of the time. And then when the discontent gets too loud to be ignored (flying in WoD, anyone?) to piss and moan about their "vision" for the game until they finally give in by a spiteful way ( Pathfinder anyone?).

I feel like since WotLK, we're dealing with something like a DM who absolutely flips his sh-t when his players don't like the campaign he wrote and considers an artistic masterpiece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I trust them to put their fingers in their ears and go " NANANANANANA WE CAN'T HEAR YOU" most of the time. And then when the discontent gets too loud to be ignored (flying in WoD, anyone?) to piss and moan about their "vision" for the game until they finally give in by a spiteful way ( Pathfinder anyone?).

I feel like since WotLK, we're dealing with something like a DM who absolutely flips his sh-t when his players don't like the campaign he wrote and considers an artistic masterpiece.
    It sounds like you have issues you need to resolve within yourself. They in no way do as you suggest: "NANANANANANA we cant hear you!". They listen to the community and sometimes they dont agree with the vocal minority posting on their forums. Get a life man. If you don't like what they put out, you are free to gtfo and not play anymore, unsub, and leave forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It sounds like you have issues you need to resolve within yourself. They in no way do as you suggest: "NANANANANANA we cant hear you!". They listen to the community and sometimes they dont agree with the vocal minority posting on their forums. Get a life man. If you don't like what they put out, you are free to gtfo and not play anymore, unsub, and leave forever.
    I know I'm replying to the most prolific troll on MMOC, but wth, I'll bite.

I never said there was NOTHING I liked about the game, but their pursuit of their vision has screwed them, no doubt in my mind. And when they finally do get jerked back down to reality by loud discontent, you can almost smell the spite in their reaction to it.

I have no "issues." This is just a game. And I'm not afraid to tell people sitting in their ivory tower in Irvine that yes in fact , you sh-t DOES smell just like everyone else's.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-04-12 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Open discussion. Do you trust Blizzard?
    Of course I do. As much as you can "trust" a person you don't know and that designs a video game you like to play.
    That does not mean I take everything they say as unchanging, everlasting gospel though.

They say "we like to do this" then I trust that this is what they would love to do.
    If reality hits and stuff doesn't turn out as we (me and the DEVs) have hoped, well that's life.

They are human. They are, essentially, grown ups somehow stuck in childs land. Ofc they will get ahead of themselves occasionally.
    Doesn't mean that they are soulless evil empire lawyers only there to lie to your face and rob you of your money.

Open discussion. Do you trust Blizzard?
    No. They are just like another company. They sometime can make good stuffs. They can also make mistakes.

Personally I trust Blizzard 110%. I would trust them with my life if need be.
    Wow. Really. That is some devotion to a games company.

They do make mistakes (MoP), but generally they are quick to correct the course and improve. With WoD they redeemed themselves for past mistakes and it looks like with Legion, they are going to be elite status again.
    Quite a few people would disagree with you regarding MoP and WoD. Personally, I though MoP was a very good expansion, WoD less so, but not bad.

@Kuntantee where did they "lose" your trust? They did a massive 180 and completely regained my trust after the dog shit expansion that was Mop. WoD is packed full of features, what features are they lacking? Honestly, I'd like to know.
    After releasing 1 patch in WoD. In addition to that, I find the systems in WoD simply inferior to MoP or even Cata. It's not fun, it's neither complex nor sophisticated. It's shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    After releasing 1 patch in WoD. In addition to that, I find the systems in WoD simply inferior to MoP or even Cata. It's not fun, it's neither complex nor sophisticated. It's shit.
    The systems are the same. What are you talking about? There are dungeons, they act the same way as dungeons in MoP. There are raids, they act the same way as raids in MoP. There is open world content, they act the same way as MoP timeless isle. There is PVP, and its even better than in MoP.

How a dog shit expansion like MoP receives such praise is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Trust a company that is out to make money?
    Yeah, no.
    As opposed to a company that doesn't make money? Like what? A non-profit (which still needs to make money to exist)?

This whole concept of "trust" is just misplaced. It's a game. If it isn't fun anymore just stop playing and stop posting about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasolina View Post
    As opposed to a company that doesn't make money? Like what? A non-profit (which still needs to make money to exist)?

This whole concept of "trust" is just misplaced. It's a game. If it isn't fun anymore just stop playing and stop posting about it.
    Uhm.. Not sure where this comes from but I will reply.

I don't trust any company.
    Why would I?

To a company you are a number, you are an amount of money to get to put ontop of their pile of money they got from the other numbers.

I trust people that I know, can trust and will be there for me when things go south.

The company will fuck you over as soon as it can make 2 more bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No because they aren't my best buddy. They don't need my trust. However my confidence in them has waned with WoD so I've lowered my expectations for Legion. Diablo and Starcraft are my main 2 series from them anyway.
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.

The systems are the same. What are you talking about? There are dungeons, they act the same way as dungeons in MoP. There are raids, they act the same way as raids in MoP. There is open world content, they act the same way as MoP timeless isle. There is PVP, and its even better than in MoP.

How a dog shit expansion like MoP receives such praise is beyond me.
    Yeah...no. MoP provided Brawler's guild which was hard to get in at first,it was unique, exotic and exclusive. MoP brought a whole new race and a class. It introduced Proving Grounds, which was interesting. However, things get boring over time, Proving Grounds in WoD certainly did. You need to innovate. MoP also introduced pet battles. Daily quests were too grindy at first, but I started doing them after a while at which point it was easier, and FUN! MoP introduced challenge modes. I almost forgot flexible raiding and open world content (timeless isles)...

You see, these are sophisticated systems that are product of innovation. However, when it comes to taking the game to a whole new level, WotLK and tBC are primary examples. Not even MoP can compete and these two expansions should be the norm. What was innovated in WoD? Pretty much copy/pasted what was there before without any innovation, save Garrisons. The worst part is the only system that they innovated in WoD -- Garrison system-- turned out to be fucking torture.

I will not mention Cata as it was a shit expansion, slightly better than WoD.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-04-13 at 03:38 PM.

How do you trust a company that actively hire Shill companies to post support for their own ideas even in the face of an enormous player base backlash? They don't even justify their actions or communicate with their player base, which is just so unusual these days for gaming. They choose what is economically cheap to provide players with rehashed bullshit. Every thing in wow, in every patch is a reskin of something else. They don't even create new models they just use existing models and tweak them. They lie, to EVERYONE'S face on a regular basis and have done since Acticancer took over and even lie about said cancer's involvement in direction of the company choices regarding design.
    Honestly without jumping on anyone Band Wagon, think of all the things that got cancelled in WoD... Think how bad that game was intentionally designed to be. They assumed people would just enjoy it, they had to believe 110% that this was a success and that is just wrong. They made a deal to create profit from adding Twitter and yet abandoned its player base. And then you hear all this bullshit about double the wow staff and how they bailed from WoD before launch to work on Legion and yet... look at the state of Legion, its not nearly even in beta. They are just lying to everyone and the die hard fans just defend it, its ridiculous, ludicrous... INSANE.
    Do i believe they have double the staff? Do i fuck... Do i believe they were working on Legion before WoD? Do i fuck... Do i think they have our best interests in mind when developing future content? Fuck no.
    This company is a fucking disgrace and no excuses can be made for multi-million dollar company, who puts enormous effort into other games before the one that made them. They could hire hundreds more staff and pay them for eternity. They could create a warcraft team 10 times the size it is now and then produce content every single month the expansion is out. But they don't. They have their player base and all they care about is money. Nothing else. Money may be the aim of all companies but to exploit your player base and take advantage of their trust just to make another few dollars is just disgusting. And if any of you cared about World of Warcraft, none of you would play anything Blizzard owned until they gave you the respect you deserve!

But people wont, because people are fucking idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a really pessimistic view of the world. I definitely trust companies. For the most part, they are looking out for the customer rather than themselves.
    And this, ladies and gentlemen is proof why he can never be taken seriously.

And just to be OT: not at all. I lost confidence in them when they started selling flying mounts in the store when flying was not available in current content.

Deleted
    Yes, I trust them. They are one of the three developers I learn to trust - Blizzard, Bethesda, Paradox. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but with those companies, the result is still great and makes up for those occasional mistakes. It doesn't mean blizzard has never angered me. Blizzard screwed up for me with no-flying policy, with overnerfing of paladins in Wrath, with overnerfing LFR in WoD, with bad healer balance in PVP, etc... Still, the positives outweight the negatives. They earned my trust and I give them benefit of doubt. If they publish a statement, I don't stop to trust it just because some blizz-hater keeps spamming "Blizzard lies, stfu blizzdrone".

Blizzard shows that they are still gamers and make games for gamers. I believe that the game would be in much worse state if someone else was in charge of WoW. I'm not a f***ing idiot and I can see that Blizzard gives us players the respect we deserve. Sure, the don't listen to all out wishes, but that's not possible for any company. WoD was the case where they either listened to the minority feedback or interpreted it in wrong way. It is still a mistake. No conspiracy, no ill will, no lies. Simple honest mistake that has cost them a lot of money. Therefore I trust them they will learn they lesson with Legion and bring the game back to MoP-quality (that means the best era of wow for me)...

Personally I trust Blizzard 110%. I would trust them with my life if need be.
    Jaylock, seriously...what is this nonsense...

OT: OP's question is too vague. As it pertains to this:

Going forward with WoW in the future, in the next 2-5 years, do you trust Blizzard to create the best game possible? Do you trust their design decisions and agree that they are for the players best interest, regardless if there is controversy over some of the decisions?
    The answer is no.