Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess the woman who responded realized that she'd have to advocate self-pity to really argue his point and so she resorted to demonizing the "1%" (which I guess is a buzzword now) of free speech, whatever the fuck that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    if it looks like a duck talks like one and quacks like one....
    She doesn't "quack" she purrs.
    She has no horns but large, pointed furry ears.
    No tendrils, no glowing eyes, no hooves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    She doesn't "quack" she purrs.
    She has no horns but large, pointed furry ears.
    No tendrils, no glowing eyes, no hooves.
    she looks like one of them evil draenei.......
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    she looks like one of them evil draenei.......
    Not even close:
    http://i.imgur.com/cqNZVOK.png

What's the issue with trigger warnings? Someone puts a note on something to warn people who are "triggered" by certain things that what they are about to look at contains said subject. Do you guys get pissed at people with peanut allergies aswell? I mean fuck those cry babies right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Well said. If you don't like something, then stay away from it. Simple as that.
    But as has been said before - that's the whole point of trigger warnings: so people can tell when they don't like something and therefore can stay away from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    What's the issue with trigger warnings? Someone puts a note on something to warn people who are "triggered" by certain things that what they are about to look at contains said subject. Do you guys get pissed at people with peanut allergies aswell? I mean fuck those cry babies right?
    Deadly allergies != hurt feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    trying to seduce me with pictures of those evil draenei mutations? NEVER!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Please, provide a completely comprehensive list of all (yes, redundant, I know) trigger warnings that may be applied to... anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Deadly allergies != hurt feelings.
    This sums up everything that needs to be said, really. Hurt feelings are part of life, learning to deal with emotional trauma is what makes us worthwhile human beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Why? If the entire world can change with no inconvenience why is it unreasonable to ask? If they were asking something unreasonable then it would be selfish. Saying "hey could you take five seconds to forewarn me before you talk about rape so I don't have a panic attack?" is not unreasonable. If you value the five seconds it takes for you to tell someone that they might be uncomfortable with your content, over someone else's mental wellbeing - then you are the selfish one not them. And besides, abuse victims go through a lot of shit. I think they've earned a little selfishness. Like can we stop with this culture where someone looking out for their wellbeing is considered bad?
    What you're asking for is an inconvenience, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annu View Post
    Ha, perfect example!

You never said this about epileptic warnings, did you? That they are selfish and possibly pathologically narcissistic? That the entire world has to assuage to their unique weakness?

I guess you never even realized how frequent these warnings are, but as soon as victims are involved you go nuts.
    I've never seen an epileptic person demand warnings though. And those warnings are to avoid death....

They don't want to grow up. They want to wallow in their victimhood for eternity.

A whole society of perpetual victims, who are ironically the most entitled, are trying to destroy free speech, because it hurts their feelings.

At some point you have to take responsibility for your life and practice austerity. No one can do for you what you must do for yourself.

Real victims are refugees, real victims are people ISIS enslaves and tortures, real victims are the veterans who get screwed out of benefits they fought and died for, Not 11th generation melanin enriched immigrants/slaves with prepaid college tuition and iphones on family plans.

I have to agree with him. We have resources, we have councilors, everyone has their shit. At a certain point you're just masturbating to your own grievances when you could be moving on. Life is too short to get hung up on your pervert uncle touching you inappropriately. It happened. You aren't more special than the rest of us. You'll pull through. Grow up. Who the fuck cares about platform privilege? I don't for the life of me understand how or why that matters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fry's got it right.

But as has been said before - that's the whole point of trigger warnings: so people can tell when they don't like something and therefore can stay away from it.
    And yet the onus of filtering content lies on the "victim". This isn't flashing lights that cause a seizure and possibly death, or fireworks that mess with the mental state of someone with PTSD. It's content that causes someone to "feel bad". No one is responsible for anyone else's "feelings" and no one else is obligated to coddle the "feels" of emotionally-challenged cry babies.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-04-13 at 04:30 PM.

Peanut allergies can kill... reading about something that bothers/offends you will very likely just annoy/offend you.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess before we click each thread, a trigger warning should pop up explaining anything the post might be about, and all posters that have posted.

Wait, wouldn't reading the word "rape" in a trigger warning trigger someone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Peanut allergies can kill... reading about something that bothers/offends you will very likely just annoy/offend you.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess before we click each thread, a trigger warning should pop up explaining anything the post might be about, and all posters that have posted.

Wait, wouldn't reading the word "rape" in a trigger warning trigger someone?
    Presumably less so than reading in depth about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Fry's got it right.

And yet the onus of filtering content lies on the "victim". This isn't flashing lights that cause a seizure and possibly death, or fireworks that mess with the mental state of someone with PTSD. It's content that causes someone to "feel bad". No one is responsible for anyone else's "feelings" and no one else is obligated to coddle the "feels" of emotionally-challenged cry babies.
    You don't understand mental illness, clearly. It's just as serious as any other illness or disability.

Deleted
    Presumably less so than having to read in depth about it.
    So you're saying that the person who is reading in depth about rape and triggering themselves about it should be protected against their own stupid actions?

Reminds me of this (admittedly crude) comic:

The entire premise of trigger warnings is bullshit and anyone with half a brain knows it. No adult is intellectually fragile enough that they need to be warded away from ideas that they disagree with.

Presumably less so than reading in depth about it.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't understand mental illness, clearly. It's just as serious as any other illness or disability.
    But they would be triggered!!!!!!!!! I guess no one should EVER be allowed to talk about something that might trigger someone. Not on the internet, in fiction, not in schools or during therapy sessions. Wouldn't want to annoy/offend someone!