10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    See you are the example of the people ripping on the Nost crowd for the sake of it. Not for argument but because you want to bait insults from them. It's petty. And if you think I'm defending them then I've explained in previous posts that I take a neutral stance to both crowds but understand the facts of the matter.
    You don't take a neutral stance then.

People don't need to be given a soap box.

If you are unsatisfied with the live game, fine... then stop playing. Its pretty simple.

But if we are going to give these folks a platform to assume and speculate, then they should equally be prepared for people to challenge that.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

If you are unsatisfied with the live game, fine... then stop playing. Its pretty simple.

But if we are going to give these folks a platform to assume and speculate, then they should equally be prepared for people to challenge that.
    Actually I do sympathize with the Nost crowd because of the hours put it in but at the end of the day the facts of the situation are there. As for the insults going around, said before both sides just got as bad as each other. My reply was more in the response of that poster is just baiting insults from people which is rather petty instead of trying to be constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by TSThrillwell View Post
    I didn't play on Nost because I didn't even know about it until I saw this thread listed on the top of the site a few days ago while peeking in to see new Hearthstone cards. That said, I'm using another, similar service now.

I would absolutely love it for Blizzard to sue me for using a client that I paid full price for while maintaining two active accounts on their live game (One for me, one for my wife) in spite of how awful it is. Having them pay my legal fees in the end would be satisfying as hell. The reason people are so flippant in this thread about "theft" is the same reason Blizz won't just drag a net and sue any p server players they can identify - Many of these players have done nothing illegal at all, and have only performed actions against the TOS. Now if they want to start banning? Fine. Save me some money. I literally only log into the current shit show to run old raids for items I wish I'd won or gotten to drop in the past, purely for attachment and affection for my characters. But while they're within their rights to shut down any outside entity offering servers for their games, they're SOL re: coming after people using software that they purchased, from a legal standpoint.

Most of the people here don't feel any guilt for "stealing" anything because we friggin' paid for it. A sizable portion of us continue to pay for it, in spite of it being a shadow of its former self. We love the world, we love our characters, and yes we are attached.

The onus is on Blizzard to provide a service and absolutely none of the people contributing to this discussion have given a realistic reason as to why they will not. It's been continually misrepresented as a task that requires a massive undertaking when two servers, one PvE and one PvP, per region (if that) would suffice as a legitimate test, and potentially be all that's needed in the end. "They know that it won't make money." Really? With no testing at all? Did they know that WoD would collapse in on itself in two months? Well, hell, I'd say they risked more on pushing that out in spite of their clear omnipotence than they ever would have by testing out a handful Vanilla legacy servers.

The sad truth is that they very likely spent considerably more on the lawyers used to shut down Nost than they would have putting out a handful of legacy servers.

People who point to the potential spite that those making the current game might feel for the concept aren't just pulling that from nowhere. Look, just look, at the manner in which the question was addressed in that "You think that you want to that to do that" silliness. That's a customer. And not a just a $15/mo customer, but a clearly foreign customer who likely traveled internationally on top of the ~$150 he paid for a Blizzcon ticket(I haven't been since 2007 but it was around $100 then and I know it's gone up), and for what? To get publicly spat on by someone whose special skill is apparently getting paid entirely too much money to come in from a failed MMO, slowly gain position, and then inadvertently trash the work others did to make a better, more successful one? His listed reasons in the full video don't help matters any either, since many people longing for the old days are going to point to Group Finder as one of the current game's downfalls.

Blizzard made a huge mistake in tone for Mists and that was reflected by the huge influx of old players into WoD. What they see as a cyclical loss though was likely those old players realizing that the game they loved was still very much dead outside of visual tone. Even worse off, in fact, due to garrisons.

Garrisons will be my last point here, and in argument to the idea that anyone at the helm has a clue what will and will not be successful. People wanted player housing pretty much since Vanilla. Literally all they wanted was a small area that they could decorate and personalize to show off various achievements and of course to offer expanded storage. Like any other MMO with player housing. The geniuses who you all are telling me know what people want somehow bungled this concept to the point that it offers literally NONE of what players wanted, with the side effect of taking all of the game out of their game. Really?

This is about as sensible as seeing neocons like Bill Cristol back on TV explaining how to fix the mess they made out of Iraq.
    All I have to say is yes, Nost and other private servers are doing something illegal. And some of them have been sued.

15+ Year Old Account
    See you are the example of the people ripping on the Nost crowd for the sake of it. Not for argument but because you want to bait insults from them. It's petty. And if you think I'm defending them then I've explained in previous posts that I take a neutral stance to both crowds but understand the facts of the matter.
    As if the Nost crowd has been anything but nice.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh sure, they are free to do what they want!
    But most of these people from Nos come here and get quite aggressive.
    They either insult people for playing on official servers, act like they are heroes and break the forum rules by discussing private servers.

I'd like to see someone just say: "I play on a private server and I know it's not allowed. So now I'll just find another one."
    You didn't hear me crying when my favourite torrent-uploader got closed down; they hardcoded dutch subtitles and now I have to explain my mom how to download .srt-files on her computer so she can watch movies.
    Still, even if you despise the whining fest, it should not change your opinion of the private servers themselves. It should only change your opinion of the people that play on them. I do not defend the whining/agressiveness at all. I just try to stay logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    As if the Nost crowd has been anything but nice.
    Like I just said, both are as bad as each other. People who are baiting them for insults are just as bad as those throwing them out.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.

Just curious then, if you're here to challenge people why were you shit posting earlier in the thread? If you have nothing left to contribute at the moment why make posts trying to incite people to go off topic unless your idea of challenging people is trying to get the thread closed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account

The onus is on Blizzard to provide a service and absolutely none of the people contributing to this discussion have given a realistic reason as to why they will not.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We don't want to!
    This should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    All I have to say is yes, Nost and other private servers are doing something illegal. And some of them have been sued.
    I didnt follow the thread enough to remember exactly, have there been cases on sued servers outside of the US? alot of poeple seem to speculate that its a grey area since most servers give straight up after such a letter.

The onus is on Blizzard to provide a service
    Why is that? What creates this obligation you perceive?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Just curious then, if you're here to challenge people why were you shit posting earlier in the thread? If you have nothing left to contribute at the moment why make posts trying to incite people to go off topic unless your idea of challenging people is trying to get the thread closed?
    Here we go again with the shitposting.

Any counter argument presented that is opposed to legacy servers is automatically shitposting.

You feel the need to come in here and call my contribution shitposting.

I feel the need to give people a healthy reality check. But I'm in the wrong... I'm the one being offensive. Because again any opponent to a legacy server HAS to be wrong.

Honestly at this point I would actually prefer they add the legacy servers, just to prove how crappy they would be and then when you people have had your fill of legacy maybe you can finally walk away from WoW and get on with your life.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-04-13 at 04:40 PM.

Congratulations, you finally got me to post in this thread.

I would absolutely love it for Blizzard to sue me for using a client that I paid full price for while maintaining two active accounts on their live game (One for me, one for my wife) in spite of how awful it is. Having them pay my legal fees in the end would be satisfying as hell. The reason people are so flippant in this thread about "theft" is the same reason Blizz won't just drag a net and sue any p server players they can identify - Many of these players have done nothing illegal at all, and have only performed actions against the TOS. Now if they want to start banning? Fine. Save me some money. I literally only log into the current shit show to run old raids for items I wish I'd won or gotten to drop in the past, purely for attachment and affection for my characters. But while they're within their rights to shut down any outside entity offering servers for their games, they're SOL re: coming after people using software that they purchased, from a legal standpoint.
    First off, I just have to laugh at this. You honestly think you can win against the legal team of a multi-billion dollar company as just some average Joe? Really, this thought right here just disproves anything you may say after.

The onus is on Blizzard to provide a service and absolutely none of the people contributing to this discussion have given a realistic reason as to why they will not. It's been continually misrepresented as a task that requires a massive undertaking when two servers, one PvE and one PvP, per region (if that) would suffice as a legitimate test, and potentially be all that's needed in the end. "They know that it won't make money." Really? With no testing at all? Did they know that WoD would collapse in on itself in two months? Well, hell, I'd say they risked more on pushing that out in spite of their clear omnipotence than they ever would have by testing out a handful Vanilla legacy servers.
    How about this for an answer: They own it and they said no. End of story. Period. They don't have to provide a reason to you as to why it is their product they can do whatever they want with it and they don't want to make legacy servers. If you don't like it go make your own game.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I understand what you're saying and ideally you'd be right, but discussion on this level doesnt exist in a vacuum, if people arent willing to accept their own bias whilst discussing things, its difficult to want to engage or even respect their words.
    At the same time, the principle you espouse is being used as a way to evade logical argument. That makes it even more difficult to engage, when the loser has a "get out of being wrong free" card he can play.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

After a week of being shilled everywhere, the change.org petition signatures cant even match the numbers of Nostalrius' supposed "active" playerbase

Blizzard said you guys didn't want it and they were right.
    Not even the active playerbase of Nostalrius wants it after all

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I do sympathize with the Nost crowd because of the hours put it in but at the end of the day the facts of the situation are there. As for the insults going around, said before both sides just got as bad as each other. My reply was more in the response of that poster is just baiting insults from people which is rather petty instead of trying to be constructive.
    Yes because being a cunt is an excellent way to push your agenda.

The Nost crowd wants to play the humanitarian card, and I'm sorry I'm just not buying it. You see "for love of the game" I see selfishness and disrespect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trh35hu35y View Post
    After a week of being shilled everywhere, the change.org petition signatures cant even match the numbers of Nostalrius' supposed "active" playerbase

millions > thousands

Yes because being a cunt is an excellent way to push your agenda.

The Nost crowd wants to play the humanitarian card, and I'm sorry I'm just not buying it. You see "for love of the game" I see selfishness and disrespect.

- - - Updated - - -

millions > thousands
    No need to insult to push your argument. I said I merely sympathize with them on the basis of with any game I can imagine putting in hours of time to it and then losing it not because of Nostalrius itself. An example I lost a character on Skyrim I'd put 4 years of time into and I was really devastated but I started again.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Here we go again with the shitposting.

Any counter argument presented that is opposed to legacy servers is automatically shitposting.
    This garbage is shit posting:

An open letter to Mom and Dad:

Mom,

Dad,

Fuck you guys. I am moving out. I hate this house, I hate your rules, I had the improvements that you have made, why can't we just have our old house back?

I know you thought I was growing up and I wanted a car, a home gym, a home theater. But I didn't I just want my old room, with my toys, and my Star Wars sheets... I love Star Wars sheets.

But its too late for that now, its clear things aren't going to change, so I'm out.

Sincerely,
    Me

PS: If you could just build me a tiny little room off the side of the garage big enough for me and my buds to play whenever we want, and maybe all my childhood things, that'd be great! Don't forget fuck you!
    That isn't a counter argument mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trh35hu35y View Post

Because all people that played on nostalrius go to forums and know links for petitions

Is like saying all retail players know mmo champion

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    Because all people that played on nostalrius go to forums and know links for petitions

Is like saying all retail players know mmo champion
    So youre telling me, all those vanilla fans, who somehow found their way onto a private server dont browse this website, reddit, the official wow forums, or use youtube?

Come on now

I didn't play on Nost because I didn't even know about it until I saw this thread listed on the top of the site a few days ago while peeking in to see new Hearthstone cards. That said, I'm using another, similar service now.

Most of the people here don't feel any guilt for "stealing" anything because we friggin' paid for it. A sizable portion of us continue to pay for it, in spite of it being a shadow of its former self. We love the world, we love our characters, and yes we are attached.

The sad truth is that they very likely spent considerably more on the lawyers used to shut down Nost than they would have putting out a handful of legacy servers.

People who point to the potential spite that those making the current game might feel for the concept aren't just pulling that from nowhere. Look, just look, at the manner in which the question was addressed in that "You think that you want to that to do that" silliness. That's a customer. And not a just a $15/mo customer, but a clearly foreign customer who likely traveled internationally on top of the ~$150 he paid for a Blizzcon ticket(I haven't been since 2007 but it was around $100 then and I know it's gone up), and for what? To get publicly spat on by someone whose special skill is apparently getting paid entirely too much money to come in from a failed MMO, slowly gain position, and then inadvertently trash the work others did to make a better, more successful one? His listed reasons in the full video don't help matters any either, since many people longing for the old days are going to point to Group Finder as one of the current game's downfalls.

Blizzard made a huge mistake in tone for Mists and that was reflected by the huge influx of old players into WoD. What they see as a cyclical loss though was likely those old players realizing that the game they loved was still very much dead outside of visual tone. Even worse off, in fact, due to garrisons.

Garrisons will be my last point here, and in argument to the idea that anyone at the helm has a clue what will and will not be successful. People wanted player housing pretty much since Vanilla. Literally all they wanted was a small area that they could decorate and personalize to show off various achievements and of course to offer expanded storage. Like any other MMO with player housing. The geniuses who you all are telling me know what people want somehow bungled this concept to the point that it offers literally NONE of what players wanted, with the side effect of taking all of the game out of their game. Really?

This is about as sensible as seeing neocons like Bill Cristol back on TV explaining how to fix the mess they made out of Iraq.
    Don't have much to add mate.
    This is what the tone of this whole thread could have been like.

Do expect to get shouted down with nonsensical 3liners copy-pasted ad-nauseum by the same 5 posters.

All that aside, just wanted you to know that the effort you put in formulating your thoughts isn't wasted on all, good job.