Quote Originally Posted by Dooli View Post
    I love this game. I've been playing for little over 2 months, and I wish I had for years. The story is unbelievably good, and you can tell the devs really love this game.
    So you've registered specifically to tell us that here and in the other thread?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I love this game. I've been playing for little over 2 months, and I wish I had for years. The story is unbelievably good, and you can tell the devs really love this game.
    It's truly a great game, I love questing through the zones so much. The only downside is that there's not much interest in it from the general public and I'm unsure what the endgame is like but I feel like this might be one of those games where the journey is the most important part, not the destination.

I'm sad that I don't have time for more than one MMORPG really so I'm bouncing between TSW and FFXIV, I wish I could play both 24/7 :P

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    So you've registered specifically to tell us that here and in the other thread?
    Absolutely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It's truly a great game, I love questing through the zones so much. The only downside is that there's not much interest in it from the general public and I'm unsure what the endgame is like but I feel like this might be one of those games where the journey is the most important part, not the destination.

I'm sad that I don't have time for more than one MMORPG really so I'm bouncing between TSW and FFXIV, I wish I could play both 24/7 :P
    Personally the endgame in TSW for me is PvP. I've enjoyed PvP before in other games but TSW offers something others cannot. Environment and rich story. With other games it's "just" PvP. With TSW I actually care about the story, factions and working toward being a dominant PvP player. It's a really long road for me since I only began little more than 2 months ago.

Personally the endgame in TSW for me is PvP. I've enjoyed PvP before in other games but TSW offers something others cannot. Environment and rich story. With other games it's "just" PvP. With TSW I actually care about the story, factions and working toward being a dominant PvP player. It's a really long road for me since I only began little more than 2 months ago.
    What I like about TSW is I don't feel 'punished' for not playing it. I can pick it up whenever I want, do stuff, and the go back to whatever.

I've been playing on and off since release and I still haven't accomplished everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question about entering Kaidan for the first time; Is it worth going back and collecting some BB from previous content & scenarios in order to flush out my gear with Q10+ glyphs & signets? Or should I just try to power through with what I've collected on a single playthrough.

Some of content in Kaidan is skating that line between tough and impossible for me currently and with the way content has released over the years I get the impression people would have had better gear than me when entering (farming scenarios while waiting for the next Issue etc). I still have two green items so thinking I may be doing it wrong .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I've been playing on and off since release and I still haven't accomplished everything.
    This is one of the reasons I love LotRO. Same exact feeling. I put in maybe a month a year on TSW and it always delivers. Making it to Egypt for the first time was eye opening and I can only hope I make it to Tokyo before the game shuts down. I have this weird hope that all MMOs we have today can exist maintaining servers even after they don't get new content just so I can play the stories and quests to the end.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Quick question about entering Kaidan for the first time; Is it worth going back and collecting some BB from previous content & scenarios in order to flush out my gear with Q10+ glyphs & signets? Or should I just try to power through with what I've collected on a single playthrough.

Some of content in Kaidan is skating that line between tough and impossible for me currently and with the way content has released over the years I get the impression people would have had better gear than me when entering (farming scenarios while waiting for the next Issue etc). I still have two green items so thinking I may be doing it wrong .
    The MOST difficult part of the game before you get into nightmare scenario and such, is when you first enter Kaidan. However it's going to be a LOT easier if you follow these steps:

1. Ask in Sanctuary chat or anyone to help you get the 3 AEGIS controllers and AEGIS shields that you are missing. They can be done through two missions called "Tower Defense" and "One for the AEGIS".

2. Get yourself epic quality gears by grinding missions or better yet, Shambala (PvP). You can get rare quality gears through Elite Dungeons as well.

3. Look for AE Capacitor QL 0. Those can be pretty pricy but I've seen them for about 100K each. I didn't do this because price was 400K each when I was looking. I chose to do next step instead.

4. (Optional) Go back to Transylvania and grind skill points and get AEGIS Speed & Efficiency to 5.

After that Kaidan will be much easier. However I'd only focus on story mission at first. Not only are they easily doable for new players, they also reward you with AE Capacitor QL 0 & 3's I believe, which you can equip or sell. In the process you also get free 10.1 gears.

I typically grind "Love and Origami" (Investigation), "Death and Noodles" (Side), and "Ravenous" (Side) in Kaidan everyday. These are extremely quick way to reward yourself with AEGIS Exp, AEGIS gears and most importantly container keys. Container keys give you lots of BB and if you're lucky, rare/epic quality gadgets.
    Last edited by Dooli; 2016-04-12 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This is one of the reasons I love LotRO. Same exact feeling. I put in maybe a month a year on TSW and it always delivers. Making it to Egypt for the first time was eye opening and I can only hope I make it to Tokyo before the game shuts down. I have this weird hope that all MMOs we have today can exist maintaining servers even after they don't get new content just so I can play the stories and quests to the end.
    It's worth the ride. Tokyo has been my favorite part of the game after Kingsmouth.

Visually, though, nothing beats the first time I entered Valley of the Sun God.

Egypt is the least appealing area of TSW for me, but it's still very good. You should try Transylvania, it's fun Tokyo is tough but I love that place.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Egypt is the least appealing area of TSW for me, but it's still very good. You should try Transylvania, it's fun Tokyo is tough but I love that place.
    See I kept getting fatigued from the first two zones. Like I love them....the arkham horror, demonic zombie vibe is has going is so amazing. The first time I played I was just so into it, but after a while of smashing my face against stuff in the first 2 or 3 zones that all had that oppressive darkness I was really exhausted of it.

I should have tried to play during a double ap event so I could move through zones quicker, because the story quests in particular are my favorite, but yeah. When I hit Egypt and finally saw some sun, but still kept some spooky themes I really enjoyed it. I'm still in Egypt though, so I haven't made it out...but like I said...I play about one month out of the year. I might not find time to play until Halloween. But at least I'll play then!
    BAD WOLF

See I kept getting fatigued from the first two zones. Like I love them....the arkham horror, demonic zombie vibe is has going is so amazing. The first time I played I was just so into it, but after a while of smashing my face against stuff in the first 2 or 3 zones that all had that oppressive darkness I was really exhausted of it.

I should have tried to play during a double ap event so I could move through zones quicker, because the story quests in particular are my favorite, but yeah. When I hit Egypt and finally saw some sun, but still kept some spooky themes I really enjoyed it. I'm still in Egypt though, so I haven't made it out...but like I said...I play about one month out of the year. I might not find time to play until Halloween. But at least I'll play then!
    I suggest doing the main story mission to get to Transylvania quicker. The story gets REALLY interesting in Kaidan (Tokyo), i mean, in a disturbing way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The MOST difficult part of the game before you get into nightmare scenario and such, is when you first enter Kaidan. However it's going to be a LOT easier if you follow these steps:

1. Ask in Sanctuary chat or anyone to help you get the 3 AEGIS controllers and AEGIS shields that you are missing. They can be done through two missions called "Tower Defense" and "One for the AEGIS".

2. Get yourself epic quality gears by grinding missions or better yet, Shambala (PvP). You can get rare quality gears through Elite Dungeons as well.

3. Look for AE Capacitor QL 0. Those can be pretty pricy but I've seen them for about 100K each. I didn't do this because price was 400K each when I was looking. I chose to do next step instead.

4. (Optional) Go back to Transylvania and grind skill points and get AEGIS Speed & Efficiency to 5.

After that Kaidan will be much easier. However I'd only focus on story mission at first. Not only are they easily doable for new players, they also reward you with AE Capacitor QL 0 & 3's I believe, which you can equip or sell. In the process you also get free 10.1 gears.

I typically grind "Love and Origami" (Investigation), "Death and Noodles" (Side), and "Ravenous" (Side) in Kaidan everyday. These are extremely quick way to reward yourself with AEGIS Exp, AEGIS gears and most importantly container keys. Container keys give you lots of BB and if you're lucky, rare/epic quality gadgets.
    Cheers for the info, I saw that Tower Defense was a good way to get a second set after googling 'TSW What is Aegis?' immediately after leaving the subway . I'll definitely check the AH next time I'm on for those Capacitors, some friendly player gave me ~50mil pax when I first started a year or two ago so price shouldn't be an issue.

I've yet to do a single dungeon as I play at a peculiar pace (stopping to smoke and reading everything) but should probably get around to it, been meaning to just to finish off the Soloman & Egypt mission achievements so loot will be an added bonus.

Likewise, I usually can't wait to get past sandy/desert areas but I thoroughly enjoyed Egypt (not as much as the others) and was a bit dissapointed it wasn't longer.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

50mil pax??? I've been playing for over two months and I STILL haven't accumulated that much wealth I think! Here I was thinking just last night, "Wow, I'm finally getting rich" when I had 14mil in my bank. I've spent about I don't know, 20mil altogether so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye was a pleasant suprise, PM'd me out of the blue on my first day playing and took me on a tour of the key locations like faction vendors & clothes vendors (vital) and told me about sanc chat etc before giving me the pax, only request was that I pass it on when able. Think I've given out about ~10mil so far to new players who didn't have enough for their sprint upgrade etc.

Somewhat a testiment to the playerbase, usually when someone asks for 1g they get told to consume a bag of genitals .
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

If this game had better combat and gear progression that was horizontal this would probably the best MMO out there imo. But the generic combat and the gear climb killed it. Visiting kingsmouth after you already have 10.whateverlevelitisnowgear is such a disappointment
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's worth the ride. Tokyo has been my favorite part of the game after Kingsmouth.

Visually, though, nothing beats the first time I entered Valley of the Sun God.
    Same for me. Its hard to get into Tokyo , but the story and side quests are amazing.

Now that I'm no longer raiding on Wow I might pick this back up and play along side FFXIV. I really did enjoy this game for the first few years it was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post

Dooli gave you some good advice. When you get Tower Defense done and have more controllers, I suggest picking two of the colors and beelining both to 1.6 first with the bullion and aegis containers that you get from missions, mob aegis xp etc. I chose a psychic (purple) and a cybernetic (blue) controller first because both of those mess with enemy shields regen, demonic (red) is meh imo. Only the ones you equip when you loot a mob xp bag or pop a research container gets the aegis xp so you might have to be mindful about switching to ones you're focused on before looting. You can level all 6 controllers simultaneously, but I found it better to focus on two and getting aegis damage power up to 25%.

Once you approach ~25% aegis damage power the hardest thing in Kaidan missions is that goddamn bank heist achieve (sabotage mission). The mob density in Kaidan isn't that high and as long as you have a good build + decent situational awareness you'll get on with little issues. In the skills page I suggest getting aegis swap speed to 5/6 asap and dump the rest of the skill points into efficiency. I did not find putting points in shielding to be a priority if all you're doing is overland pve/missions.

You can sell the aegis damage capacitors you don't use. The healy capacitors I get I deconstruct in the crafting window for aegis xp. I run dps survival builds on my characters.

Don't think you need to regrind pre-Kaidan missions. Only pre-Kaidan missions I'd bother with are the ones that give signets. Otherwise you're better off working on the quests in Kaidan because the mobs there will give Aegis xp.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

I've been holding off on trying to get too far into Tokyo because my build is pretty meh and I wanted more bullion to try to powerlevel the aegis stuff...but man, I kinda want to give it another go now. Kind want to find a build that uses blood magic though so I'm not tied to AR for self healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catcommando View Post
    Dooli gave you some good advice. When you get Tower Defense done and have more controllers, I suggest picking two of the colors and beelining both to 1.6 first with the bullion and aegis containers that you get from missions, mob aegis xp etc. I chose a psychic (purple) and a cybernetic (blue) controller first because both of those mess with enemy shields regen, demonic (red) is meh imo. Only the ones you equip when you loot a mob xp bag or pop a research container gets the aegis xp so you might have to be mindful about switching to ones you're focused on before looting. You can level all 6 controllers simultaneously, but I found it better to focus on two and getting aegis damage power up to 25%.

Once you approach ~25% aegis damage power the hardest thing in Kaidan missions is that goddamn bank heist achieve (sabotage mission). The mob density in Kaidan isn't that high and as long as you have a good build + decent situational awareness you'll get on with little issues. In the skills page I suggest getting aegis swap speed to 5/6 asap and dump the rest of the skill points into efficiency. I did not find putting points in shielding to be a priority if all you're doing is overland pve/missions.

You can sell the aegis damage capacitors you don't use. The healy capacitors I get I deconstruct in the crafting window for aegis xp. I run dps survival builds on my characters.

Don't think you need to regrind pre-Kaidan missions. Only pre-Kaidan missions I'd bother with are the ones that give signets. Otherwise you're better off working on the quests in Kaidan because the mobs there will give Aegis xp.
    Thanks for the info, along with Dooli's it gives me a good idea on how to proceed. I didn't know about the xp going towards the active Aegis(s) so good to know before I start, I'll go for the swap speed too as you suggested as rolling around in circles waiting for them is a bit silly . I'm running a Pistol/Ele Hinder build at the moment so survival wise I was doing ok, the first big road block was a mission boss with Psy & Cyber shields that just turned into a battle of attrition because his shields kept coming back... think I fought him for about 10 minutes (without dying) before giving up. Won't be a problem after I've rounded out my gear a bit and picked up the second set of Aegis though.

Think I may go back and do just a few Trans missions/scenarios partly for BB but also because I have zero augments so the SP & AP will be handy for unlocking them too. I'll be going back to Kaidan ASAP though as the content I did manage was great.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2016-04-13 at 04:55 PM.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,