Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sub + paying the game....that is to much
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Should games be F2P nowadays? Yes, hell yeah.
    Will Blizzard do this? Nope, they know WoW is the biggest succes in gaming history, so they keep milking it.
    No game should be F2P. That is the definition of cancer among gaming.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I've seen $7-$8 tickets for movies only if you go in the morning, 10-11am, and only if you watch non-3D. Otherwise its around $12-14 for non-3D night movies, or $18-20 for 3D.
    Of course all movies have 3D and non-3D showings.
    In Denmark tickets cost up to 22 dollar's. Normal price like 18?

But yea, I dont go to cinema much when you can just stream....fuck that industry
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I honestly can't tell if you're trolling, or just female on her period-esque sensitive

- - - Updated - - -

We take it to heart, but you're over here crying about 50 cents a day.
    Good lord is this mumsnet? Do you have a crush on me Azkial?

7+ Year Old Account
    $15/mo. is nothing for me to have access countless hours of entertainment and essentially no down time or boredom in my life. If I get bored, I can hop on WoW and farm some mounts, or gold, or old raids/dungeons, do some PvP, find LFG raids... basically endless hours of entertainment for $15 a month. Well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    12.99= toiletpaper per month
    12.99= 4 cans of soup
    12.99= half a movie ticket
    12.99= 10min cab ride where i live
    12.99= 2 beers out on a friday night
    12.99= 2 lightbulbs
    12.99= hairproduct for 3 months

i could go on but yeah.
    The fuck you live that soup is 3 DOLLARS a can? lol......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Hardly anyone ever complains that the sub fee is too high, so I don't think you'll get very far with this.
    No..they simply unsub and leave

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not worth the steam from a tramps piss, never mind $15 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    No game should be F2P. That is the definition of cancer among gaming.
    Uh...no.... the cancer among gaming is EA, the fucking assholes who invented microtransactions and DLC for games

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, I'd say ~$15/mo is not worthwhile anymore. That said, it's not because $15 is too much, rather that I exhausted the content I am interested in, making that $15 better spent on other things. (Yes I am unsubbed now)

$15 is what I spend on lunch. That being said, I am tired of Blizzard's glacial pace with content in comparison to every other gaming company on the planet (and other shenanigans that are too lengthy to go into here), and am therefore quite happy to spend my $15 elsewhere.

Would I be upset if the price dropped? No.
    Do I think the price is fair? Yes.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Not at all. When I play the price isn't a put off for me, but since I stopped I don't feel the price tag has anything to do with it. If WoD was free at the moment I wouldn't be any more interested in it then I currently am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sub price isn't what drove away 5 million players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Axola View Post
    So, while i was searching which game i should get next, i came across a thing called Origin Access; Long story short, it offers couple AAA games for 4$/month, which got me thinking, is Blizzard charging too much on a monthly basis for a single game?
    Blizzard charges zero. You can pay with assets accrued from within the game. Of course this is in part why carries have sky rocketed in price. Why should uber guilds ever have to pay for content again. Just sell a couple carries which are little or no sweat off their back for more gold than anyone has a reasonable need for and voilla.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Uh...no.... the cancer among gaming is EA, the fucking assholes who invented microtransactions and DLC for games
    Uh...no... F2P is the literal definition of cancer. Its existence is a bane on gaming everywhere where content is no longer contained within a purchase but rather separated in the name of ripping customers off.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I've seen $7-$8 tickets for movies only if you go in the morning, 10-11am, and only if you watch non-3D. Otherwise its around $12-14 for non-3D night movies, or $18-20 for 3D.
    Of course all movies have 3D and non-3D showings.
    Both movies for me were $8 at night time showings. But they weren't 3D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes for the Current WoD content it should been Free to play Expansion , MoP was worth the 12.99 and even earlier expansions .. but WoD noooope , feels like F2P game ..

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Should this be read in the argument style of "just don't use toilet paper and you can afford wow!"?
    Well that makes it a lot easier to say you could wipe your ass with WoD.

I personally have no problems with the cost of the monthly fees. If it wasn't for the token I might have stopped my sub in the last few months, it is hard to say for sure. I do know that WoW is subscription free for me for another 24 months and this time next year when I can buy more tokens with gold if I am enjoying the game I am sure I will.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Realistically, considering what you actually get for your money, your sub gets you access to the game, that's all, you think they'd use this money to actually release a steady stream of content like they used to do but alas, all you get is social media integration for your facebook game, ironic.

Other F2P games have released way more content than blizzard has for free, in fact, MOST F2P mmos have released more content than WoW has since WoD but WoW still somehow has the most subs, as well as the token bringing in MORE money for them while less players than ever, so less servers to maintain.

There's not really any financial reason for them to keep the game as a sub based game, if they added a cash shop and VIP with XP boosts, pets, loot boxes akin to other mmos, and a lot more VISUAL things like transmog sets, character slots for F2Players, etc, you know the drill, it's likely a lot more people would still have the game installed. I mean look at hearthstone, look how many people buy crap like character portraits for £10 and "adventures"

As far as the current cost, yes it's too high considering you get no new content for a year+ but people stay subbed so if legion flops hard they'll probably start the F2P option up.

sub price hasnt increased in 11 years, we're already paying less than we did, next question