Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    A supercharged version of a Race Pack, Campaign Packs not only contain a brand new Race for use in the Grand Campaign and Multiplayer, but also add a new Challenge Campaign to the game. Themed on an epic event from the Warhammer Lore, these self-contained Campaigns will present a distinct and challenging scenario.

Any guesses guys? What event from the Warhammer world do you think it was epic enough to get its own, separate campaign?
    The Crusades into Araby, perhaps ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The collapse of the polar warp gates.
    The sundering of the elves.
    The war of the beard
    The rise of Nagash, Vamipires and the formation of the Blood Dragons
    The dwarven times of woe (invasion by orcs, goblins and skaven)
    Sigmar's campaigns against the Orks
    Skaven civil war
    Skaven war against everyone else
    Brettonian errantry war
    The raiding of Albion...

That's just off the top of my head, there's probably a few more they could do.
    Awesome choices.
    The early years of Sigmar, basically the golden age of the Empire is my favorite.
    I believe it'd be cool enough to see Sigmar in game and this is probably the only way.
    Last edited by Graden; 2016-04-13 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I believe it looks very similar to the "story campaigns" from Rome 2, and Atilla in general, in that while there isn't so much "a story" for your Empire, you'll get quests and missions that will seem like a story. That and this is probably the most indepth they've gone on there generals, and there will be story quests and story battles for the generals.
    Thanks! I very much do like that aspect of it because it will at least show me a little bit about who I am playing and what they want etc.. should give me a little bit of meaning.. and it seems like it has a little bit of king arther "the role playing war game" mixed in which is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    There is a lot of richness and depth to the Warhammer world, but at the same time it sticks close enough to common fantasy tropes that you should understand the basics of each race just by looking at them. They have some of the elfiest elves and dwarfiest dwarves around. Their Vampire Counts are like a whole race of Draculas, the Orcs are the biggest and most brutal. The Empire stand out as being based on a slightly later time-period than most fantasy humans with a stronger reliance on gunpowder weapons plus a few steam-punk aspects.
    Well I understand that but I want more than just being like hey those are orcs! I want to know whats going on why certain races hate others or get a long with others etc... I don't want to just play a total war fantasy game I enjoyed all the others because I knew the history of the eras they were placed in and knew little about the factions I played as. I don't want to just play some random group of dwarves that fight just whoever I want to know why what how etc and I know that's pretty much impossible because of how old and rich Warhammer is but if the game at least gives me a little bit of info to relate me to each factions struggles then good :P

I would love a campaign based off the war of vengeance (sometimes referred to as the war of the beard) Nothing as good as stomping high elf scum under dwarf boots and watching their spindly towers fall beneath artillery.

Quote Originally Posted by smiteme12 View Post
    Well I understand that but I want more than just being like hey those are orcs! I want to know whats going on why certain races hate others or get a long with others etc... I don't want to just play a total war fantasy game I enjoyed all the others because I knew the history of the eras they were placed in and knew little about the factions I played as. I don't want to just play some random group of dwarves that fight just whoever I want to know why what how etc and I know that's pretty much impossible because of how old and rich Warhammer is but if the game at least gives me a little bit of info to relate me to each factions struggles then good :P
    In that case I think (or at least hope) you'll be pleasantly surprised. The Total War guys treated Warhammer like one of their real-history games and have been poring through the relevant texts, so I expect you'd get at least the kind of history that can be found in the Warhammer army books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    I would love a campaign based off the war of vengeance (sometimes referred to as the war of the beard) Nothing as good as stomping high elf scum under dwarf boots and watching their spindly towers fall beneath artillery.
    Indeed.
    Compared to all other similar universes, like Warcraft, or Lord of the Rings, the Warhammer Dwarfs are the coolest imo. And that's why i'm a bit disappointed about the Karaks during sieges. Nothing game breaking though, i'll sure get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah so I don't have the horn for this game at all. Much. Nope. Moving on.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

7+ Year Old Account

CA is starting to show off more battlefields

The battlefields look amazing, loved the swamp area in the last video to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, I also find her voice very soothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    New rally point video was posted

Apparently you can play as Bretonia from launch but only in Custom and Multiplayer and they have a limited rooster of units to use

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Okay that Breton city looked amazing.

Deleted
    Flying units sure are usefull in Total War games. They open up alot of possibilities, especially for the attacking side.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another video showing off the giant units for the greenskins

Here is also the Bretonnia battle from the other perspective, much better and alot more zoomins on units.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered.... I broke a 2 year rule ><

Deleted
    you'll get your money out of it...don't worry.
    Even if multiplayer ends up not working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    you'll get your money out of it...don't worry.
    Even if multiplayer ends up not working properly.
    Unfortunately, I play more co-op than single player, so as much as I like what I am seeing, I'm still going to wait a few months.