Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Long been my favorite developer on this game. Good to see Blizz is at least trying to keep talent at home this time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Rags to riches? Really? He was working as a lawyer in DC before he went to Blizzard.
    There is a big oversupply of lawyers now in the US. Top ones make great money, but most are not at that level.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I've always thought Ion was the epitome of dipshit (Goes to school for 8 years to be a lawyer, then quits that to get a job at a place that someone at McDonalds has the qualifications for). Then just today I find out he was the founder of Elitist Jerks (the website and the guild), and it all made sense.

But congrats to him. Every rung higher up the ladder, will hopefully make the pain feel a little less severe 10-20-30 years from now when he asks himself why he quit a promising career to play with video games.
    How did you manage to equate a job at Blizzard Entertainment to a job at McDonald's?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    How did you manage to equate a job at Blizzard Entertainment to a job at McDonald's?
    Look at the rest of his post? I mean seriously, he thinks all he does is play with video games and yet.........if someone at McDonalds can do the job why isn't he making an amazing video game played by millions?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There is a big oversupply of lawyers now in the US. Top ones make great money, but most are not at that level.
    What I'm saying is, he didn't go from working at a gas station to fabulously wealthy game designer.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    And they will stay 20man Mythic, because they can't balance all these classes and specs around 10man at all.
    More like "cba balancing for 2 sizes, better check if we can include Facebook ingame since twitter is there already"

10&25 was good enough as it was in MoP and Cata, at least it wouldn't force so many guild breaks leading to loss of subscribers since quite some people stay subbed and play because their friends do too and joining new guilds after a server move isn't that apealing. Wether they admit it or not killing friends&family guilds lead to the current state of the game.

He created Elitist Jerks, that's enough reason to hate him. Don't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    God dat place was just like sgt Hartman's boot camp, one misplaced coma and you would get infractions, you were infracted just for doing a question that someone already posted 34334 pages before
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    So you said that loot part is useless and gold is the least valuable resource in the game.

Then what rewards do you like?
    Liking is not connected to usefulness.

What rewards do I like: Gold, GR, Oil, different mounts/pets/toys. And all of them are just for flavor, none of them matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    How much did he contribute to WoD? A lot? He's shit. Very little? Sure, we need the game to be shaken up drastically.

I honestly don't know who's in charge of stuff anymore, so I'm not going to immediately say he's good/bad despite my current thoughts about him.
    He was working on the raid encounters in WoD AFAIK. With the raid encounters being one of the few good things about WoD I think this will be good for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    God dat place was just like sgt Hartman's boot camp, one misplaced coma and you would get infractions, you were infracted just for doing a question that someone already posted 34334 pages before

Sums up any reason that he shouldn't be trusted with the reigns of game development. The person who caused that min maxing bullshit to saturate WoW has caused more detriment to the game's health than it did benefit.

Considering Wrath onwards has been a haphazard mess of game development, I can't really say his involvement has been that great, unless someone can point to me where his design choices actually helped?

But I'm sure someone is going to take this post as a personal offense and try and crucify me for a differing opinion.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    He's a smart guy but I will never throw my support behind him until he advocates for cross-realm Mythic raiding to be enabled on a raids release. He refuses to alter the fictional world first race and upset his friends in favor of opening up a difficulty for low pop servers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I've liked watcher for a long time, definitely a smart guy with a lot of open minded/interesting ideas. His interviews (all of the ones I've seen) are 100% honest (he's the one that came out and said they messed up with WoD), I'm glad he got a promotion.

He's my favorite WoW developer so I'm very happy to hear this. Seems honest and compassionate about the game.

That's great, I like Watcher. Good luck to him...I'd really like to see the game move in a more positive direction, not sure if that will happen with his promotion but fingers crossed. I'd like to resub again, but with the current lack of content I just can't justify spending the $15/month anymore.

Isn't he the guy who tells you all the great stuff you are going to get in the next expansion at blizzCON

Then forgets to include most of it in the finished product?

Slimey looking guy

That the one?
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Since Legion is mostly in polish/testing mode, we'll probably not see anything different until around first patch time.
    I suspect patch content is largely decided and/or planned out. Realistically you won't get major changes until the next expansion. AKA, 8.0 will be his "baby".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Isn't he the guy who tells you all the great stuff you are going to get in the next expansion at blizzCON

Then forgets to include most of it in the finished product?

Slimey looking guy

That the one?
    Slimey lol...

Neither of the top Blizz devs look slimey and they're supposed to hype you up for the next expansion. It's part of their job.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I suspect patch content is largely decided and/or planned out. Realistically you won't get major changes until the next expansion. AKA, 8.0 will be his "baby".
    It's likely that he has been acting as such for some time now. The title just gives him some official responsibility. It has seemed to me for a while now that Watcher is about the only one there that can give a really cogent interview about Legion generally. There's a good chance that a lot of Legion is already his baby. He has been pretty much the face of the company for World of Warcraft for a long while now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a really intelligent and well spoken guy. Talented.