Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    How the fuck do we know they are not armed?

What happened after that? NATO ignored it's article 4 and 5. They dropped the Turks like a hot potato. Obama didn't even meet Erdogan last week, because he is fed up with the mad dog's antics.

That is how much your alliance is worth.
    Who, the illegal immigrants? I mean, that's what you have border checkpoints for, don't you? Jesus, do you not control your borders properly?

Also, Turkey did not invoke Article 5, they merely invoked Article 4. And they got their consultation as per the rulebook. I mean, really... Cybran, what's up with you? You've been better than this in the past? Are you alright?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    On the other hand, the main reason that the United States has deployed a destroyer to the Baltic sea is to send a message to the Kremlin, so it's a bit ridiculous to cry foul when the other guy reciprocates.
    The US navy didn't cry foul. Someone merely reported about the incident. That's not official.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Russian Pilot releases dashcam photo of the incident:

You should be glad USA didn't go Turkey on Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You should be glad USA didn't go Turkey on Russia
    This forum is in a particularily comedic mood today, what's going on. Spring fever?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This forum is in a particularily comedic mood today, what's going on. Spring fever?
    I am always half serious in mmo-c

I also would praise the US sailors on their professionalism. Locate target, identify that it's unarmed, dismiss it as not dangerous and don't cause a pointless excuse for Russia to whine like a baby about another jet destroyed by NATO. This was a 1a job of the US navy. That's how you don't escalate situations into something you cannot back out of. A lesson Putin apparently has yet to learn.

Pity the Russians got some intelligence on the deck structures, but I doubt it'll be of much use to them. It's not like the internet isn't filled with photos from US navy vessels.
    Just because it's not carrying missiles doesn't mean it's not dangerous. This kind of manoeuvre is extremely dangerous, and stupid - pilots have been kicked out of the airforce and had their license revoked for pulling this sort of thing.

If a British pilot did this he'd be court-martialed, discharged and banned from flying.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-04-13 at 09:07 PM.

Wow, nice flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Just because it's not carrying missiles doesn't mean it's not dangerous. This kind of manoeuvre is extremely dangerous, and stupid - pilots have been kicked out of the airforce and had their license revoked for pulling this sort of thing.
    In case you missed it, its obviously a statement to them and to the rest of the world. It can't be louder that that.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

If a British pilot did this he'd be court-martialed and discharged.
    Yes, I was about to make the same point for German pilots. And US pilots would probably face the same charges. It's stupid, it's reckless. This really just promotes a lack of safety rules in Russia. But this is not exactly news, is it?

Shooting them out of the sky at that height is pretty much guaranteed death for the pilot. I still think the US navy did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Yeah...so traumatized. That pilot is lucky as shit he didn't get shot down.
    hey now we live in a day and age where people are getting traumatized over people writing trump 2016 in chalk js
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    In case you missed it, its obviously a statement to them and to the rest of the world. It can't be louder that that.
    A statement? Fuck, there's literally millions of Youtube videos displaying a severe lack of safety rules and regulation in Russia. You don't need to spend that much kerosine just to prove that Russia has a hardon for unnecessary risk.

Or what statement were you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Russian Pilot releases dashcam photo of the incident:

Let's zoom out a second and see the rest of the Su-24 cockpit.

Nice to see the Yuri Gagarin High School shop class contributing to the defense of Mother Russia!

Deleted
    Russian radars never seem to work, I mean their planes seem to get lost all over the place, the lil tap Turks gave them earlier calmed them down for a bit, but now they are back to their normal routines :P

What, exactly, is a U.S. Navy vessel doing in the Baltic sea in the first place?
    В предчувствии движения племен,
    Разломов тверди и кончины мира
    Пою не то, о чем мечтает лира,
    А имена теней и тень имен.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Let's zoom out a second and see the rest of the Su-24 cockpit.

Nice to see the Yuri Gagarin High School shop class contributing to the defense of Mother Russia!
    Makes me wonder if the US has ways to disrupt the GPS signal for Russians specifically. We all know commercial GPS doesn't get the same precision as military GPS. How much control do they have?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hound Archon View Post
    What, exactly, is a U.S. Navy vessel doing in the Baltic sea in the first place?
    Patrolling international waters out of the baltic countries that are member of NATO. I mean, literally, those are NATO borders you're wondering about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    There is no statement out of this, lol.

This isn't a plus for Russia, or any other country that does this. It doesn't make them feared. It doesn't make them respected. The US won't be warded away from the Baltic Sea. Nothing changes. Really. What does this ACTUALLY DO?

It's the military equivalent of watching youtube on your smartphone while driving. If anything... the proper US Navy response is along the lines of "hey, asshole! Watch the fucking road!"

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    You were in a 4G inverted dive with a Mig 28?
    its what happens when they lose that loving feeling

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me wonder if the US has ways to disrupt the GPS signal for Russians specifically. We all know commercial GPS doesn't get the same precision as military GPS. How much control do they have?

- - - Updated - - -

Patrolling international waters out of the baltic countries that are member of NATO. I mean, literally, those are NATO borders you're wondering about.
    dont laugh but we use garmin GPS on our apaches..

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Seriously, US and Russia just needs to fuck already and get it over with.
    Lol, I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    its what happens when they lose that loving feeling

- - - Updated - - -

dont laugh but we use garmin GPS on our apaches..
    At least they had great balls of fire doing that dive.

And here I was, thinking US military has actual proper GPS worth triple the amount of Garmin hardware. Those are the ones they use in Cessnas etc, right?

At least they had great balls of fire doing that dive.

And here I was, thinking US military has actual proper GPS worth triple the amount of Garmin hardware. Those are the ones they use in Cessnas etc, right?
    i am sure the US government has a contract with garmin, something that costs $300, they are probably selling it for $10,000, they look like regular car gps but more encrypted and what not.