Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    So wait, 180 days is standard for invol. manslaughter in the US?

That is mental
    Did I say anything regarding that? No? The person I originally quoted said the reason the dumb ass didn't get the death penalty is because he is a rich white kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    http://www.orangecountyduilawyersblo...ing-penalties/

Come at me, bro.

Common sense check 2 failed.
    Are you high right now? Your link has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Are you high right now? Your link has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said.
    I really don't have time to explain why you're being foolish. MMOChamp would probably be shut down by the time I get through said explanation. I actually have a life to live. Good day sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

That is mental
    I do think him being white is not related, but him being rich most definitely is.

It's not low, if your poor you get fucked because prosecutors are generally assholes that throw every charge in the book, which is an inflated book to begin with at you. If you have a good lawyer most charges magically disappear. Poor people don't get good lawyers, and a good scummy defense attorney is your only defense

That is mental
    No it is a penalty for probation violation basically. The huge problem is how the original judge sentenced him in the first place. He was guilty of violating juvenile probation and it was his first violation he was charged for so 2 years is probably about as strict as they physically can get unfortunately. His mom on the other had may get the book thrown at her because she is fair game for aiding a fugitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    So, you have nothing, but emotions based on ignorance. Got it. I by no means agree with his punishment, or lack there of. I would be perfectly fine with him and people like him spending the rest of their lives in prison, but that's just not how it works. The only reason this story is still running is because he is a rich white guy.
    The reason it is still running is because he used being a rich white guy as a defense and it worked. It is also still running because he ran and now the sentencing based on that came down. You are clearly just trying to argue to argue though since you are doing the exact thing you are claiming others are.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

For all those saying the final verdict isn't a severe enough punishment, then what would be? And would 'getting even', in a retributive sense, really be for the best for everyone?

So this boy killed however many X people, negligently and horridly. Certainly his single death could not make up for the lost joy in those killed and the suffering of the families, so then what are we left with to carry out justice? Torture?

And say we did torture heinous criminals such as this, in the name of retribution. Would we really be better, as a society? Would such a punishment really deter future crimes, or would it instill a distrust and disgust to the legal system for allowing such atrocities, and thus incite more crime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiki854 View Post
    For all those saying the final verdict isn't a severe enough punishment, then what would be? And would 'getting even', in a retributive sense, really be for the best for everyone?
    Not quoting the rest because I'm not advocating execution but he most definitely deserves life in jail for his crime. That would be the best for society.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    In texas, death.
    What the fuck, they kill you for you driving drunk and killing people?

I'm all for jailing but killing someone for how he acts while drunk/high is dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

I'm all for jailing but killing someone for how he acts while drunk/high is dumb.
    No, we don't kill people for drunk driving. Just capital murder...

Wow that's a slap on the wrist coming from Texas. It sounds like they let Norway sentence him. I can't wait to hear about the luxury apartment he will be staying in no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by tiki854 View Post

So this boy killed however many X people, negligently and horridly. Certainly his single death could not make up for the lost joy in those killed and the suffering of the families, so then what are we left with to carry out justice? Torture?

And say we did torture heinous criminals such as this, in the name of retribution. Would we really be better, as a society? Would such a punishment really deter future crimes, or would it instill a distrust and disgust to the legal system for allowing such atrocities, and thus incite more crime?
    Nobody is saying he should be tortured.
    But him getting a lesser sentence becease he is rich is not how a justice system should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    His daddy has Federal Gov contracts "connections".

If he was everyday guy off the street, he would forget what the sun looks like.
    Hell I had to do 20 days in jail on a suspended 1 year sentence(basically if I broke the law before a probation period I would have spent the other 345 days in jail) for a DUI 2nd offense in Virginia on top of a 3 year license suspension and 1k fine. And that was with me BARELY over the limit and 100% cooperative and not hitting anyone or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything less than life in prison is a miscarriage of justice!!!. Hope he gets beat with a sock full of doorknobs in prison!!

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

No, Texas is just a lot quicker to sentence death and have even streamlined the system so it is executed faster. So while other states and countries are going away from the death penalty they have made an expresslane.

Your statement raises some questions though. If I kill 4 people while drunk it isn't as bad as if I was sober? I chose to drink, shit if being drunk gives a green light to do things why do we allow people to drink?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Wow that's a slap on the wrist coming from Texas. It sounds like they let Norway sentence him. I can't wait to hear about the luxury apartment he will be staying in no doubt.
    Until he violated his probation he was just under house arrest and had his driving privileges removed until sometime in his 20s. So kill 4 people and you get grounded by the state.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It could be worse. Vince Neil did 15 days in jail for killing someone while under the influence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    That does seem pretty low. Which state was he charged in again? Texas? Thats reaalllyyy low. His family must have great amount of money
    FTFY.

If this had been any average Jo, they`d be doing time or sat in ol` sparky.

Kill him.. he's obviously an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The reason it is still running is because he used being a rich white guy as a defense and it worked. It is also still running because he ran and now the sentencing based on that came down. You are clearly just trying to argue to argue though since you are doing the exact thing you are claiming others are.
    No, I argued with what you said because your statements weren't anything but hyperbole based in ignorance. When your statements were questioned, instead of providing evidence for your claims you came up with more ignorant based hyperbole.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.