Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    Yes, all of them.
    Yup, because fel magic does relate to all demons. All demons contain fel magic, a fact that you seem to be avoiding.
    Good, now that you make it clear that, in order for Fel magic to be considered Demonic, ALL demons need to contains or wield them. I've been under impression that this is your opinion, too. Glad we at least cleared this point.

Now, look at this Chronicle quote again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    Just as in the Great Dark Beyond, life had also arisen in the Twisting Nether. The creatures that emerged from this turbulent realm were known as demons. They were formed as a result of Light and Void energies that bled together at the borders of the Twisting Nether. The demons embraced their furious passions and reveled in pushing the boundaries of their powers, heedless of the consequences. Many of these aberrations indulged in the highly volatile energy that pervaded the Nether. Some learned to wield the all-consuming power of fel magic.
    Directly from the book. You can check your own if you doubt my quote. Now, look close at the bolded part. Did you see "all" anywhere? Or did it state that only "Many of the aberrations (demons) indulged in the highly volatile energy that pervaded the Nether" (note - this might not even be Fel) and "Some learned to wield the all consuming power of fel magic".

So, since when did "Many" and "Some" equal to "All" to you? Did it not say that only some demons learned to wield fel magic? So, with only SOME and not ALL Demons are capable of wielding Fel magic, does Fel magic still = demonic in your definition?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Every demon contains fel and so fel is thus demonic.
    No, Fel is Fel and demons are demons. Sargeras became a fel-infused Titan, yet he was never called a demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    in order for Fel magic to be considered Demonic, ALL demons need to contains
    All demons contain fel magic, a fact that the Chronicle doesn't contradict.

You need to take a look at this Chronicle quote again:

Just as in the Great Dark Beyond, life had also arisen in the Twisting Nether. The creatures that emerged from this turbulent realm were known as demons. They were formed as a result of Light and Void energies that bled together at the borders of the Twisting Nether. The demons embraced their furious passions and reveled in pushing the boundaries of their powers, heedless of the consequences. Many of these aberrations indulged in the highly volatile energy that pervaded the Nether. Some learned to wield the all-consuming power of fel magic.
    ^Where does the Chronicle state all demons don't contain fel magic?

since when did "Many" and "Some" equal to "All" to you?
    I stated that all demons contain fel magic. I didn't state all demons wield fel magic. There's a distinction between containing something and wielding something, bimbo. So no, just because the Chronicle states SOME demons learned to wield the all-consuming powers of fel magic doesn't mean all demons don't contain fel magic.

All demons contain fel magic + fel magic relates to all demons = fel magic is demonic (relating to demons). Do you understaaaaand?

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Fel#Demons

Fel energies: the dark magic of demons, all corrupting and all-consuming if the craving for it was not held in check.
    Did it not say that only some demons learned to wield fel magic?
    Just because SOME demons learned how to wield the all-consuming powers of fel magic doesn't mean all demons don't contain fel magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Fel is Fel
    I never suggested, or claimed, it isn't.

demons are demons
    I never suggested, or claimed, that demons aren't demons.

Sargeras became a fel-infused Titan, yet he was never called a demon.
    He was called a demon quite a few times in The Last Guardian novel. In fact, he even refers to himself as a demon.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2016-04-13 at 09:36 PM.

Deleted
    He was called a demon quite a few times in The Last Guardian novel. In fact, he even refers to himself as a demon.
    Sure he was, back in 2001. And daemonlord in 1994. Before WC3 was even out, when they fleshed Sargeras's origin.

Stormwind Keep was also named Stonewind Keep in 1993.

Sure he was, back in 2001.
    And in the Last Guardian novel, as well as a few other novels.

Deleted
    And in the Last Guardian novel, as well as a few other novels.
    The Last Guardian is from 2001.

The Last Guardian is from 2001.
    Yes, I know that. And in the Last Guardian novel, he is referred to as a demon - a type of being he was referred to as in quite a few other novels as well.

Now, were is your source stating that he isn't a demon? While the Last Guardian is old, some of its information is still canon

All demons contain fel magic, a fact that the Chronicle doesn't contradict.
    Demons were formed as a result of Light and Void energies bleeding together. Where did you see Fel there? Did it somehow sneak in a demon when it the demon was being formed without getting mentioned even once in the book? The book said demons were formed as a byproduct of Light and Void energies, as you can see in the quote.

And are you seriously arguing that ALL demons contains Fel, but only SOME of them can use Fel Magic? Does that mean only some Naaru can use Holy magic, too? Don't you see how ridiculous it sounds? It isn't a case of using magic by a secondary source (i.e: mortal casters), but said energy exist inside the user, you know?

Deleted
    Yes, I know that. And in the Last Guardian novel, he is referred to as a demon - a type of being he was referred to as in quite a few other novels as well.

Now, were is your source stating that he isn't a demon? While the Last Guardian is old, some of its information is still canon
    The book is old as fuck, based on the WC1 event and built around WC2 lore. The Titan Sargeras appeared in 2002 and since then as far I remember, it was never mentioned Sargeras as a demon ever again.

Demons were formed as a result of Light and Void energies bleeding together.
    That's nice. That fact still doesn't contradict what Sean Copeland stated, which is that demons contain fel magic. It also doesn't contradict:

Fel energies: the dark magic of demons, all corrupting and all-consuming if the craving for it was not held in check.
    you seriously arguing that ALL demons contains Fel, but only SOME of them can use Fel Magic?
    Some demons, like felhounds, can't wield fel magic as in cast spells. Hence, SOME demons learned how to wield the all-consuming powers of fel magic as per Chronicle.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2016-04-13 at 10:01 PM.

Are these guys still going? Wow...talk about a waste of time.

Deleted
    Demons were formed as a result of Light and Void energies bleeding together. Where did you see Fel there? Did it somehow sneak in a demon when it the demon was being formed without getting mentioned even once in the book? The book said demons were formed as a byproduct of Light and Void energies, as you can see in the quote.

And are you seriously arguing that ALL demons contains Fel, but only SOME of them can use Fel Magic? Does that mean only some Naaru can use Holy magic, too? Don't you see how ridiculous it sounds? It isn't a case of using magic by a secondary source (i.e: mortal casters), but said energy exist inside the user, you know?
    The book is actually very confusing about the Fel origin or even what Fel is. Because when the demons are jailed within Marduum, the book uses both "volatile" and "fel" for the energy that engulfed the planet.

It's very typical of Blizzard, letting some things open so they can decide later what to do with it (like introducing a non-Fel planet in the Nether, if they want to).
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-04-13 at 09:53 PM.

The book is actually very confusing about the Fel origin or even what Fel is. Because when the demons are jailed within Marduum, the book uses both "volatile" and "fel" for the energy that engulfed the planet.
    The arcane user Iyyokuk the Lucid believes fel (the language of chaos) is arcane (the language of order), claiming:

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Paragons_of...uk_the_Lucid_2

Aggro
    Chaos is order unrecognized by a lesser mind!
    =O Perhaps the difference between fel (Chaos) and arcane (Order) is a difference established by opinion rather than fact? Perhaps fel is the arcane energies of the Nether?
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2016-04-13 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    The arcane user Iyyokuk the Lucid believes fel (the language of chaos) is arcane (the language of order), claiming:

=O Perhaps the difference between fel (Chaos) and arcane (Order) is a difference established by opinion rather than fact? Perhaps fel is the arcane energies of the Nether?
    Absolutely correct. That's how the Chronicle present it. Because Sargeras is using Fel to built his version of Order.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-04-13 at 10:10 PM.

That's nice. That fact still doesn't contradict what Sean Copeland state, which is that demons contain fel magic. It also doesn't contradict:

The fact that Chronicle stated how the demons were formed. plus what they were formed from (Light and Void) but didn't mention Fel being part of them contradicts with the statement that *ALL* Demons contains Fel magic (which I'm pretty sure wasn't his intentions, but just you bending his words - he probably meant *some* demons- that's why I asked you to confirm your definition). Otherwise, you can claim that demons contains every kind of energies in the universe when they were formed - after all, there were also example of demons contains these energies (Arcane, Holy & Void) - although, that makes no sense.

In fact, it's highly doubtful that, for example, Void Hounds have anything to do with Fel at all. It was also stated to be different from the "amalgamations of matter and fel" (Infernals and Abyssals) created by greater demons. Yet, unlike Voidwalkers, Void Hounds are confirmed to be demons as per Chronicle.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-04-13 at 10:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rainforest's inability to accept or understand (I cannot tell which it is) that the older lore has cleaned up/superceded/retconned by Chronicle is literally giving me a headache.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Rainforest's inability to accept or understand (I cannot tell which it is) that the older lore has cleaned up/superceded/retconned by Chronicle is literally giving me a headache.
    Rainforest has a hilariously funny obsession with Fel, like the other poster that has a hilarious obsession with Old Gods. Everyone has their kinks.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-04-13 at 10:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Now thats what I call edgy

The fact that Chronicle stated how the demons were formed.
    It still doesn't contradict what Sean stated

plus what they were formed from (Light and Void) but didn't mention Fel being part of them contradicts
    You're mistaken. Just because the Chronicle states demons were formed from Light and Void doesn't mean all demons don't contain fel magic.

You're also disregarding the canon fact that fel energies were described as the dark magic OF demons are therefore demonic (of, from, or realating to demons).

NOWHERE does the Chronicle contradict the fact that fel energies are the dark magic of demons and NOWHERE does the Chronicle contradict the fact that demons contain fel magic, which is what Sean stated.

I'm right, whereas you're wrong - wrong for taking a canon bit from the Chronicle and pretending like it retcons another canon fact when it doesn't.

it's highly doubtful that, for example, Void Hounds have anything to do with Fel at all.
    Source?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Your inability to accept or understand that the Chronicle hasn't contradicted/retcon'ed what Sean stated is literally giving me a headache, so I'm not going to feel sorry if I'm giving you a headache.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2016-04-14 at 12:05 AM.

It still doesn't contradict what Sean stated
    It doesn't outright contradict it doesn't mean it doesn't contradict at all. Read between the lines. It'd be one thing if the Chronicle didn't mention how Demons were formed at all - which then you can argue that what Sean stated was still correct (assuming he meant all demons). However, Chronicle specifically mentioned that Demons were formed from - it's Light and Void energies only - none of those are Fel energy. If you can't even realize that Light / Void are different from Fel, then there is nothing to say to you. Well, people also told you the same thing in the other thread and you didn't change at all, I doubt you'd now.

I guess, in your line of logic, we can claim that Demons also contains Holy, Arcane and Void magic. There are examples of all those cases in game, and no where in the Chronicle flat out said Demons don't contain those energy at all. Hooray for rainbow demons. Every energies, except Nature magic, are now demonic. Ack! We've been using all types of demonic magic since forever. Damn, those Naarus aren't so holy after all.