Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I hope they name the head Murray.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    As someone who occasionally makes games I can confirm that this is how its mostly done, you give other people a bit "older" version of the game itself that you want tested while you work on newer/big stuff
    Blizzard even themselves have said many times, that internally they are a few builds ahead.

I mean it makes sense, you aren't going to instantly put newly created and implemented content instantly on your public servers because imagine the potential amount of bugs you would be giving your non technical testers. You already see how much QQ when an instance bugs out on Alpha testing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    possible schedule as well. but I don't think it would because the movie. The movie is a 2 hour affair not a game.

Also i don't think they would release THAT soon after 7.0 goes live. Looking historically it is usually 28-30 days becasue pre-patch and launch.
    It's generally 6-8 weeks of testing and then 2 week duration on live. they did say we'll get dh's earlier.

So perhaps the testing cycle on ptr will be shorter.

The only thing, what we know is, that Legion will be released after June 13 at this point. Because they have to announce release date in 60 days period. In WoD it was announced 3 months before, but 2 months is like minimal. In Cata, MoP it was announced exactly 2 months before release.

(its some rule tied to preorders)

Is the build being pushed already?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draculla View Post
    The only thing, what we know is, that Legion will be released after June 13 at this point. Because they have to announce release date in 60 days period. In WoD it was announced 3 months before, but 2 months is like minimal. In Cata, MoP it was announced exactly 2 months before release.

(its some rule tied to preorders)
    The announcement isn't far off, somewhere between now and last week of May I'd guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    The announcement isn't far off, somewhere between now and last week of May I'd guess.
    Could be at pax east.

I've heard there will be Blizz call early on May, and they might talk some more about release. But dunno really...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiruz View Post
    I've heard there will be Blizz call early on May, and they might talk some more about release. But dunno really...
    Thats the Quartely call, typically they don't (read never) have announced a release date in one, it's for investors, not really us.

I imagine they might have the announce date announced before then, so they can give substance to when legion will release rather than "on the heels of the movie"

HOLY SHIT! This BUILD!

1. Destro unlocks

2. Broken shore unlocked for alliance players

3. WORLD QUEST AND LVL 110!

I need da beta!

I seem to have gotten into the alpha this afternoon. I guess within the last 4 hours or so. (Not sure as I've been gone for a bit). So check your launchers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    HOLY SHIT! This BUILD!

1. Destro unlocks

2. Broken shore unlocked for alliance players

3. WORLD QUEST AND LVL 110!

I need da beta!
    Yeah first thing ill do is broken shore, then get from 108 to 110 to do world quests, I have raid tonight so depending when the builds up, I might have to wait til after.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The hype is as real as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I seem to have gotten into the alpha this afternoon. I guess within the last 4 hours or so. (Not sure as I've been gone for a bit). So check your launchers.
    Have you received the email yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    No email yet. But "Alpha: Legion" is now selectable in the dropbox on my launcher. It wasn't there this morning, say about.... 7 hours ago. Downloading the alpha client now. 35gb or so.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I never got one when I got invited, not in the spam folder or anything. Just happened to check my account page as invites went out and sure enough, a new test account had been activated. So check your battle.net account or the launcher even if you got no email.

Can't wait to actually see what's up with this whole Varian thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    We probably won't know the full context until the cinematics are in place or revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I'm more scared than happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    We probably won't know the full context until the cinematics are in place or revealed.
    if there are no cinematics, then we can assure that there will be a dead body...somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's generally 6-8 weeks of testing and then 2 week duration on live. they did say we'll get dh's earlier.

So perhaps the testing cycle on ptr will be shorter.
    No it is not... Here are dates from WotLK-WoD

Wrath of the Lich King
    3.0.2 PTR - 9/13/2008 - 59 Days til Launch
    3.0.2 Live - 10/15/2008 - 28 Days til Launch
    Launch - 11/13/2008

CATACLYSM
    4.0.1 PTR - 9/21/2010 - 85 Days til Launch
    4.0.1 Live - 10/20/2010 - 50 Days til Launch
    4.0.3 PTR - 11/5/2010 - 32 Days til Launch
    Launch/4.0.3 - 12/7/2010

Mists of Pandaria
    5.0.4 PTR - 8/10/2012 - 45 Days til Launch
    5.0.4 Live - 8/28/2012 - 28 Days til Launch
    Launch - 9/25/2012

Warlords of Draenor
    6.0.2 PTR - 9/9/2014 - 65 Days til Launch
    6.0.2 Live - 10/14/2014 - 30 Days til Launch
    Launch - 11/13/2014

Cataclysm was a bit longer because they staged the pre-patches. 4.0.1 was class/system changes and 4.0.3 was world changes.

So please show me where the 6-8 weeks of testing and 2 weeks live are at?
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    No email yet. But "Alpha: Legion" is now selectable in the dropbox on my launcher. It wasn't there this morning, say about.... 7 hours ago. Downloading the alpha client now. 35gb or so.
    That's exactly how I got it a month ago, congrats.