Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    Making legacy servers while the game is still "ongoing" is simply a bad buisness choice, thats like having Blizzard admit that, "yeah, the new expansions we made sucked, and apparently people would rather play the old ones". Not good marketing when still trying to sell new expansions.
    I'm no marketing guru, but it would appear to a lot of people that current WoW and Vanilla WoW were aimed at different parts of the gaming market overall. Or at least, what appeals to the legacy crowd is often touted as not existing any more in retail. Would it not be possible to seperate them in terms of advertising; maybe releasing legacy stuff under the name "Age of Warcraft" or sometihng (yah, you can tell I'm no marketing guru).

So you have World of Warcraft for the more immediate ARPG experience, and Age of Warcraft for the slower paced RPG style. Could even allow them to persue the "casualisation" of retail (sorry couldn't think of a shorter way to describe the direction since TBC, yes it isn't ideal, but I hope you get what I mean); while having an alternative to offer the more "grindy" crowd
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-04-13 at 10:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I challenge you, as well as Blizzard, to shut down our WoW Vanilla private servers now based in the Russian Federation. I am currently playing in one such WoW Vanilla server based in the Russian Federation alongwith many of the former Nostalrius players (edit: now known as "the refugees").

The Russians will wipe their ass with Blizzard's "formal letters". Russian Vanilla WoW Private server "Valkyrie" says "Privet" (that's "hello" in Russian).
    I hope you, and everyone involved with the private server, play hundreds of hours of it. It will be all the more satisfying when Blizzard slaps you around, and hilarious to see you come to the forums to whine like children again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I hope you, and everyone involved with the private server, play hundreds of hours of it. It will be all the more satisfying when Blizzard slaps you around, and hilarious to see you come to the forums to whine like children again.
    You need to grow up mate, there's 1000s of people who use those servers who don't even use these forums, and you'd be happy to see them get fucked over just to laugh at people.

Why do you have to be so angry with the private server community? What you're posting is even less constructive than the whining.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    You need to grow up mate, there's 1000s of people who use those servers who don't even use these forums, and you'd be happy to see them get fucked over just to laugh at people.
    Yes, I'm happy these people are getting "fucked over". I'm also happy that when a kid steals a radio is punished, too.

You get zero sympathy from me when you do shit that's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Why do you have to be so angry with the private server community? What you're posting is even less constructive than the whining.
    Why do you assume I'm angry?

Edit: I think these responses are GOLDEN! They show me I struck a nerve.

Deleted
    I will report you to the authorities for sympathizing with these freeloading scum. I'm ringing the Blizzard police right this moment! Enjoy getting deported. Obligatory cya in Legion!

/s (writing it to be safe)

Yes, I'm happy these people are getting "fucked over". I'm also happy that when a kid steals a radio he's punished, too.

The people using that server aren't "stealing" anything (oh and before you get on your high horse, I guarantee you've torrented music/films/tv shows in the past), they're playing a game that Blizzard refuses to allow them to buy or play legally.

In your scenario, a guy loses a radio, in this scenario nobody is losing anything unless Blizzard put out legacy servers themselves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wanna993 View Post
    I will report you to the authorities for sympathizing with these freeloading scum. I'm ringing the Blizzard police right this moment! Enjoy getting deported. Obligatory cya in Legion!

/s (writing it to be safe)
    Haha the scary thing is I thought you were being serious for a moment, hard to tell the difference between parody and sincere idiocy on the internet these days

The people using that server aren't "stealing" anything (oh and before you get on your high horse, I guarantee you've torrented music/films/tv shows in the past), they're playing a game that Blizzard refuses to allow them to buy or play legally.

In your scenario, a guy loses a radio, in this scenario nobody is losing anything unless Blizzard put out legacy servers themselves
    I have never stolen music from a torrent. Not everyone is an immoral PoS like you.

Intellectual theft of property is pretty serious. You're just being dumb and not understanding what is and isn't theft. Keep on being delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I challenge you, as well as Blizzard, to shut down our WoW Vanilla private servers now based in the Russian Federation. I am currently playing in one such WoW Vanilla server based in the Russian Federation alongwith many of the former Nostalrius players (edit: now known as "the refugees").

Nostalrius will be up again soon in the next weeks, including all of our toons and the old database but hosted in the Russian Federation.

I challenge you, as well as Blizzard, to shut us down, if you can.

The Russians will wipe their ass with Blizzard's "formal letters". Russian Vanilla WoW Private server "Valkyrie" says "Privet" (that's "hello" in Russian).
    I baffles me how people not only blatantly condone criminal behavior, but also greatly encourage it. All in name of greed and self-interest.

I have never stolen music from a torrent. Not everyone is an immoral PoS like you.

Intellectual theft of property is pretty serious. You're just being dumb and not understanding what is and isn't theft. Keep on being delusional.
    Haha so you've never downloaded a song, TV show or movie from a torrent before? You must be one of 5 people on the internet that haven't. I can barely even hear you from on top of that moral high ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres tons of different "servers" claiming to be the next Nostalrius with their stuff and all but theres no official statement from Nost so good luck getting scammed
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I baffles me how people not only blatantly condone criminal behavior, but also greatly encourage it. All in name of greed and self-interest.
    What do you expect from these narcissists?

Going through the thread all you see is the "memememeeme, give it now" attitude. It's crazy how many of them have this mental disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    What greed?

Haha so you've never downloaded a song, TV show or movie from a torrent before? You must be one of 5 people on the internet that haven't. I can barely even hear you from on top of that moral high ground
    No, I haven't. And it can be easily proven. The top torrent shit only has millions of downloads. That means billions of people don't torrent. All you're doing right now is making yourself look foolish when you assume this shit.

Yes, but for most of those 10 years they had a very healthy subscriber pool.

Now? Not so much. If they don't want to reconsider their "no" on private servers, they might want to reconsider the direction of retail.

- - - Updated - - -

I said this from about 2008 to 2014, but I'm not as certain, now. I really didn't think they'd tank WoD this hard.
    They've been declining since Wrath yet they keep saying no, hence my 10 year statement. I guess not, huh?

I sure would hate to have created something, have said thing be illegally emulated, then users of emulated thing hating me for having never given it to them for free in the first place, then immensely criticized for taking action to return deserved profits on my end by destroying emulation of my thing.

What greed?
    'Greed' isn't exclusively about money and power.

Yes, I'm happy these people are getting "fucked over". I'm also happy that when a kid steals a radio is punished, too.

Edit: I think these responses are GOLDEN! They show me I struck a nerve.
    This shows how childish you are. Getting excitement out of other people's problems? That's kind of petty, don't you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    They've been declining since Wrath yet they keep saying no, hence my 10 year statement. I guess not, huh?
    The last time I remember them saying "no" was at the Blizzcon 2013(?) Q&A panel. WoD has happened since then, which is why I said I think they'll reconsider.

The last time I remember them saying "no" was at the Blizzcon 2013(?) Q&A panel. WoD has happened since then, which is why I said I think they'll reconsider.
    Their latest 'no' is dated January 15, 2016. This year. And before that? Blizzcon 2015.

This shows how childish you are. Getting excitement out of other people's problems? That's kind of petty, don't you think?

- - - Updated - - -

They keep saying no. Every year they say no. Millions of subs lost (hardly any due to wanting to play vanilla) hasn't changed that. It's a thing they don't want to do and they keep explaining why.