Page 51 of 147 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oooooh... i get it know, i remember seeing it during the fight C:!
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

So is anyone else's storage broken?

I put items in my storage and after resting at the bonfire they are back on me. This is on ps4 by the way.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Ladder ladder
    20 hours ish at my pace. I didn't get everything (cause I have no idea where everything is) but around that long.

Personal grievance is of course some bosses just don't tailor well to shieldless. Some attack intervals are just way too short to dodge right after another. Bosses are more unique and no longer copy pasted like in DS2.
    Depending on your point of view whether this is good or bad, it is extremely easy to get lost at points. Say you're at zone A, but it connects to both zone B and C, but B and C are not connected but both are required. So if you just go to one of em, you end up wondering where you're supposed to go next.
    No more millions of fuck you areas like in DS2. There's not a lot of tiny room gangbang just for the sake of it.

Parry is unreliable still like in DS2. The increased speed of combat and the delay for some weapons/shields to parry just don't work.

The biggest issue though, is the beginning as mentioned. It makes repeat play throughs unattractive.

There's not a whole lot of bad per se, but it wasn't spectacular though. It did everything right at the places that matter, but it didn't excel at it like they did with Bloodborne.
    I find bloodborne suffers from similar issues though, although for different reasons, at least before the dlc came out. I had very little interest in repeat playthroughs because of how long you are stuck with starter weapons, and how a lot of builds i would have liked to tried were locked behind the garbage that is chalice dungeons. Dark souls 3 has some issues with some of the early areas and how long you are stuck with low upgraded weapons, but at least it allows a lot of different playstyles right from the start. They did screw up by putting 2 swamplike areas right next to eachother though, although once i know the game better that place will just be rush through and pick up the few important items while ignoring the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I find bloodborne suffers from similar issues though, although for different reasons, at least before the dlc came out. I had very little interest in repeat playthroughs because of how long you are stuck with starter weapons, and how a lot of builds i would have liked to tried were locked behind the garbage that is chalice dungeons. Dark souls 3 has some issues with some of the early areas and how long you are stuck with low upgraded weapons, but at least it allows a lot of different playstyles right from the start. They did screw up by putting 2 swamplike areas right next to eachother though, although once i know the game better that place will just be rush through and pick up the few important items while ignoring the rest.
    Personally I had no issues with the weapon collection due to the ease to obtain them once you know how. Granted I've always been one that can get by with the bare minimum to reach what I want to use. What bars it for me, isn't when you get those items, but how long it takes to get them. Most of them are easily in reach for me even if it is further down the road. Granted this is really a matter of preference, I've clocked in maybe 300+ hours at this point with Bloodborne.

It's just the first playthrough felt it had an extremely slow start. It wasn't the case for Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 1/2 and I really don't give a shit about 2, but for some reason it just felt bizarrely slow for this one. I took it slow for the aforementioned and did the same for this, but the feeling is just different.

Honestly I was really use to just speeding through things in bloodborne and DS2 that I started out this way with DS3. I only slowed down once I ran into some unfamiliar territory to check corners then kept on going. If a mob only dropped <30 souls wasn't worth the time for me to stop and kill it IMO.

So, yeah, I just found a fucking Black Knight, they went all in for that nostalgia factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So, yeah, I just found a fucking Black Knight, they went all in for that nostalgia factor.
    There's more to come.

Not to spoil anything I think this is Form Softwares love child. This is what would happen if Demon's Souls DS1/2 and Bloodborne had a orgy and created.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much.

Now this is a rumor and isn't really DSIII related but...

My buddys friend on stream the other night confirmed that Form Software is working on a Dark Souls remaster for Ps4/XB1. He is a manager at gamestop. Take that news with a grain of salt but if true good chance it comes out Q1 next year.

Didn't think it was worth making a thread for that so I posted it here. I know at best its a rumor and I really hope its true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: The Undead Bone Shard in the Undead Settlement graveyard didn't spawn for me. Am I missing something or am I just out of luck?

why do these games interest me...but then i play them and hate them....I havent picked up bloodborne due to this...I just really want to play one of the souls games and be successful however..

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    why do these games interest me...but then i play them and hate them....I havent picked up bloodborne due to this...I just really want to play one of the souls games and be successful however..
    Theres really not too many games similar. You need to learn the movement and skill sets of each opponent then you start getting a feel for it. Its almost like a beautifully gory game of chess and add to that you're unlocking a labyrinth at the same time. Don't be afraid of death, it is only the beginning.

Just reached the snow area when i find out i haven't burned bone shards... no wonder i was having a bit of a hard time with healing. I have a new hated mob in this game, it's the dual wield skeleton guy, who has the dagger skill strafe thing, Had to kite most of them into an encased space like some walled up stairs. The fat undead chicks take 2nd place with the stupid range that mace has.

Has anyone tried out Dorhy's Gnawing? Want to know if you need a decent luck stat or if the faith is enough for the overall damage.

I found the fat undead chicks incredibly annoying until I just stayed at range until she casts that lonely drunken arcane bolt, then rip her up after the cast animation. Shes harmless at range, but fucking deadly up close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    As a guy that's avoiding blocking and summoning npcs...
    FUCK PONTIFF SULYVAHN AND HIS FUCKING CLONE! Took me forever to kill him because of his stupid second phase where I can only attack after they do the jumping lunge. That damn consecutive attack is the biggest problem with how much range they will cover.
    HAHAHAH wait till the next boss, or the one in a certain castle or a soldier in a certain dark area , that one was fucking hell on my pc due to sub30 framerates PLEASE ANET FUCKING OPTIMIZE THE GAME!
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    HAHAHAH wait till the next boss, or the one in a certain castle or a soldier in a certain dark area , that one was fucking hell on my pc due to sub30 framerates PLEASE ANET FUCKING OPTIMIZE THE GAME!
    ANET? As in arenanet? Thunk you`ve got a tad confused there

From Software et al.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anet has a shitty AMD optimization too, sorry =P!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Anet has a shitty AMD optimization too, sorry =P!
    True that, even though they claimed AMD had been out there to optimise it if I recall.
    *shifty eyes*

Taken the plunge, bought the game, but will probably still stick to DSII for the time being....in theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently got to the last boss, all i can say is that it shows how much care it went into it, the dialogue and the presentation is all there!
    I'm guessing it is the end due to the tropes i have gotten used to with miyazaki now, lots of DeS inspiration, and in a good way.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2016-04-14 at 12:44 AM.