Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    Also, you're remembering very wrong when it stopped. MoP was when the game stopped having separate ranged and melee slots. We definitely had melee weapons in both Wrath and Cata.
    May be we talk about the xpacs that hunters still have melee weapons? He said "Until Wrath", what you didnt understand or just trying to be sarcastic?

He's saying that, in Cataclysm, the expansion after Wrath, you could still use melee weapons. I miss my polearm from Deathwing that made me a huge motherfucker every 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He's saying that, in Cataclysm, the expansion after Wrath, you could still use melee weapons. I miss my polearm from Deathwing that made me a huge motherfucker every 30s.
    And having to remove it for Heroic Hagara because the hit box would get fucked up and you'd die to ice cutters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Found the changes to current tier set in the prepatch changes. Might be old news but havent seen them posted here.
    That 4pc is dumpster league. Reminds me of the Survival Class Trinket.

Ok, my question about DW is already answered. Kool, ty.

Personally i would love to see DW Survival's. Atleast pre-artifact. I would most probably level lock it at 100 and play old content with it. Not a fan of 2H. At all. Or atleast i would like to her their long term plans for Surv in exp to come, similar as they did with DHs.

The options are there:
    DWSurv could hit a bit softer, but more often due to proportionally higher focus regen.
    Or their damage could be shifted a bit more to their pets.
    Or they could hit faster but with a bit slower focus regen, a bit more autoattacks and few more procs.

Theres a ton of small ways to do so with avoiding large tuning/gameplay changes. I love the idea of being DW protector of the wilds, popping out of Cameleon mode with my pet charging in and me tossing traps at the Enemy Raptor Striking it.
    This could actually make me to create FIRST ranged class and first hunter on my WoW account which is 10+y old.
    Blizz hasnt made clear stance on Surv hunters yet and theres not a single bluepost in endless number of topics asking for DW as an option, atleast while leveling and debate should DW be in game or not, so for me, theres hope. Staying positive even so all hints lean to 2H gameplay.
    But again. Im probably wrong about this, but outside of BoA weapons, staying 2h would make Surv hunters as one of the classes with few weapons choices while leveling.

Next. From the vids that i watched and stuff that i read so far, in this topic included, it looks like surv is really in a bad spot right now being lowest CC/Surv melee class. PvP excluded as i dont play it, but i read a lot bad stuff about it. Simply not playable in PvP.

And for the end, just got one question that popped in my head the moment i saw Harpoon skill.
    Soo.. what happens if you harpoon a mob that was due to luck/lag/just because miliseconds before pulled by DKs Death Grip?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Ok, my question about DW is already answered. Kool, ty.

Personally i would love to see DW Survival's. Atleast pre-artifact. I would most probably level lock it at 100 and play old content with it. Not a fan of 2H. At all. Or atleast i would like to her their long term plans for Surv in exp to come, similar as they did with DHs.

The options are there:
    DWSurv could hit a bit softer, but more often due to proportionally higher focus regen.
    Or their damage could be shifted a bit more to their pets.
    Or they could hit faster but with a bit slower focus regen, a bit more autoattacks and few more procs.

Theres a ton of small ways to do so with avoiding large tuning/gameplay changes. I love the idea of being DW protector of the wilds, popping out of Cameleon mode with my pet charging in and me tossing traps at the Enemy Raptor Striking it.
    This could actually make me to create FIRST ranged class and first hunter on my WoW account which is 10+y old.
    Blizz hasnt made clear stance on Surv hunters yet and theres not a single bluepost in endless number of topics asking for DW as an option, atleast while leveling and debate should DW be in game or not, so for me, theres hope. Staying positive even so all hints lean to 2H gameplay.
    But again. Im probably wrong about this, but outside of BoA weapons, staying 2h would make Surv hunters as one of the classes with few weapons choices while leveling.

Next. From the vids that i watched and stuff that i read so far, in this topic included, it looks like surv is really in a bad spot right now being lowest CC/Surv melee class. PvP excluded as i dont play it, but i read a lot bad stuff about it. Simply not playable in PvP.

And for the end, just got one question that popped in my head the moment i saw Harpoon skill.
    Soo.. what happens if you harpoon a mob that was due to luck/lag/just because miliseconds before pulled by DKs Death Grip?
    This is a survival alpha discussion thread not an opinion to completely redesign the spec thread. No one cares what you think the best fantasy for the spec should be. We especially don't need your opinion considering you haven't set foot on alpha. Leave that shit to the Petopia forums, blizzard actually listens to people over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    This is a survival alpha discussion thread not an opinion to completely redesign the spec thread. No one cares what you think the best fantasy for the spec should be. We especially don't need your opinion considering you haven't set foot on alpha. Leave that shit to the Petopia forums, blizzard actually listens to people over there.
    preach it lad

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    preach it lad
    Based Ktb to the rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Snip
    Triggered i see. Well triggered.

I wrote quite long reply to your very constructive comment, but then i just stopped and eyed your profile.
    From the quick look on your profile and your posts its easy to see that you backlash-tableflip anyone whos not having same opinion as you, blaming people with different ideas and mindset from your own for the state in which hunters are now in Legion.
    So, simply i deleted it cause.. reasons.

I wrote quite long reply to your very constructive comment, but then i just stopped and eyed your profile.
    From the quick look on your profile and your posts its easy to see that you backlash-tableflip anyone whos not having same opinion as you, blaming people with different ideas and mindset from your own for the state in which hunters are now in Legion.
    Idiot Checklist

1. Forming opinions without playing Alpha
    2. Thinks class fantasy is more important than playability
    3. Forming opinions without playing Alpha (I put this twice to show how much of an idiot you really are)
    4. Thinks someone telling him he's an idiot is a "difference of opinions" when in reality he actually is just an idiot
    5. Claims to have deleted a counter-argument which probably never existed cause there isn't one
    6. Attempting to redesign the class without ever playing it (similar but worth noting again)

Grats you are a confirmed and verified meathead

Idiot Checklist

If you understand how the game works, have the ability to do some basic math, and can critically analyze the abilities, you can easily form conclusions and feedback about the mechanics of a spec without playing alpha.

You can't speak to how a spec "feels" to play, to be sure, and there are some finer details related to actual gameplay and encounters that you can't comment on either. But your blanket statement is a logical nonsense.

Idiot Checklist

2. Thinks class fantasy is more important than playability
    3. Forming opinions without playing Alpha (I put this twice to show how much of an idiot you really are)
    4. Thinks someone telling him he's an idiot is a "difference of opinions" when in reality he actually is just an idiot
    5. Claims to have deleted a counter-argument which probably never existed cause there isn't one
    6. Attempting to redesign the class without ever playing it (similar but worth noting again)

Grats you are a confirmed and verified meathead
    1. True. Based on vids, topics on various forums, MMOChamp and this topic included. All that i did is to repeat what is said so far. Melee survival has less CC and bad PvP survivability compared to other classes and melee classes specifically. Also, Freedom of speech and all that stuff.
    2. False. Its your own interpretation of my post. I havent said it once. Not once. Im not into numbers as you guys are probably, but not once have i say thats RP>playability. I first can say that good class RP is nothing without good playability.
    3. True again. #1 just in case you missed it.
    4. False. Thats purely idiotic, arrogant and really narrow minded on top of that. I really dont see ANYTHING wrong with saying that I WOULD LIKE TO SEE DW as sub-mechanic of a melee survival hunter which is already a melee on alpha, like Frost DKs have. True, you will be fishing more 1h drops, but hey, its your personal choice that you made when going dual next to 2H option - live with it.
    5. False. It actually did. Made here few points from it. Just gave up on it as i didnt saw the point in it. Again i dont see it.
    6. False. I never said "I WANT IT," i said "Blizz hasnt made clear stance on Surv hunters yet and theres not a single bluepost in endless number of topics asking for DW as an option, atleast while leveling and debate should DW be in game or not, so for me, theres hope. Staying positive even so all hints lean to 2H gameplay." So with that being said i acknowledged that DW is not going to happen, but i WOULD LIKE TO SEE DW happen and made few suggestions off the bat again with Frost DKs in mind and gameplay difference between DW and 2H, which is not the same as I WANT IT. For the sake of the argument i dont really care about mechanic difference between DW and 2H, i can live with exactly the same mechanic, down to a number.

So, as i said, i dont see anything wrong in my post, i said that i would like to see DW as sub-mechanic of survival spec that is already 2H melee in alpha, made few suggestions of how could that be done, but after all #6 and based on what i read/saw so far, this post included, and stated that current version of melee survival hunter has less CC and low pvp survivability.

EDIT:
    I know that theres a lot of surv hunters which are not happy with going melee and im sorry if i offended anyone, my personal opinion is based on my DW melee preference, on what i read and saw so far and, so as i said, i would like to see DW happen as submechanic of a 2H spec thats already redesigned to be a melee, i dont really care how will they do it, trough talent, gameplay changes or however they see it fit.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2016-04-14 at 12:11 AM.

I know that theres a lot of surv hunters which are not happy with going melee and im sorry if i offended anyone, my personal opinion is based on my DW melee preference, on what i read and saw so far and, so as i said, i would like to see DW happen as submechanic of a 2H spec thats already redesigned to be a melee, i dont really care how will they do it, trough talent, gameplay changes or however they see it fit. Am i interested in melee hunters - yes. Based on what i read so far do i think they are in a bad shape - yes.

I just want to note that Gurg's "concern" (i.e. Trying to come up with a way to convince Blizz that his dw idea had merit) is clearly nonsense since bears and cats manage to have weapons leveling up just fine with using the same agi staves/pole arms that survival will.

I know that theres a lot of surv hunters which are not happy with going melee and im sorry if i offended anyone, my personal opinion is based on my DW melee preference, on what i read and saw so far and, so as i said, i would like to see DW happen as submechanic of a 2H spec thats already redesigned to be a melee, i dont really care how will they do it, trough talent, gameplay changes or however they see it fit. Am i interested in melee hunters - yes. Based on what i read so far do i think they are in a bad shape - yes.
    You can dual wield while leveling up to 100. Once you do your artifact quest you become locked into your weapon type. Frost DKs won't use 2 handers in legion, fury warriors won't use 2 handers I think? I'm pretty sure fury is 2 oversized one handers now. Warlocks won't use a staff, they have that skull thing, paladins won't use a sheild, they have that hammer with the libram. Fire mages Shadow priests won't use a staff. Frost and arcane mages won't use a 1 hander and an offhand. Everyone is getting locked into a weapon type, that's one of the central points of the expansion. It will not change at this point.

I'm not gonna join in on the circle jerk, I disagree with the person Ktb was responding to on a lot of levels but he's entitled to his opinion. However don't sit there with this "high and mighty" attitude like you're some kind of messiah because you didn't type up a response and then turn around and respond anyways.. It's almost like you want us to know how good of a person you are.

- - - Updated - - -

There is such a drastic difference in both skill level and simply how much time and effort the various number of the people on this forum. Which is fine, there will always be butting heads with people who like specs that feel and look good, as well as classes that feel and look good, but are viable and raid quality first and foremost. Unfortunately it's very difficult to have both sides be happy, now I'm definitely not saying that raiders should get their way, and I'm definitely not saying that people who play the game in a way where class feel > damage should get what they want. But I'm just saying that it's very difficult to make both sides happy, when you do a MASSIVE overhaul (and I'm talking massive, this entire spec is ground up) you will end up ruffling a few feathers. The difficulty blizzard ran into here, is that SV is built off very very small CD abilites that give mandatory debuffs and there's just too many of them to manage at this point, you have mok'nathal or whatever, the mongoose bite and i think one other, I cant remember because I have tested it very shortly.

These small cooldowns that are SO punishing if you let them fall off, is just absolutely awful feeling. I can understand why people want to rework the spec.

Man, there are some salty motherfuckers in this thread all of a sudden. Did you decide to personally pick up the slack since Azortharion got his ass banned?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I personally agree with a lot of what azor says, just not HOW he says it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Man, there are some salty motherfuckers in this thread all of a sudden. Did you decide to personally pick up the slack since Azortharion got his ass banned?
    *pops popcorn*

He's been back since yesterday (or day before?)