10+ Year Old Account
    Damn these optional areas don't fuck around. I can count on 1 hand the number of times I had died before that area and then I died 5 times exploring and 3 times to the boss.

Is it just me or does this world feel like its the Dark Souls 1 world but aged by like 1000 years.

That moment when the guys pick you up and fly you off after the 2nd boss OMG. I said well the tutorial is over..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    That has been also a staple since DeS hehe!
    Wait till you get further on the game.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Is it just me or does this world feel like its the Dark Souls 1 world but aged by like 1000 years.

That moment when the guys pick you up and fly you off after the 2nd boss OMG. I said well the tutorial is over..
    It's supposed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's supposed to be
    The links to DS2 are in there as well. Love how they subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) tie everything together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn going in blind is rough. I keep finding things that I missed out on because I didn't know about it. Definitely gonna be looking everything up next playthrough.

Please tell me you found the sun bro covenant talisman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Please tell me you found the sun bro covenant talisman
    Yeah I did.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Theres really not too many games similar. You need to learn the movement and skill sets of each opponent then you start getting a feel for it. Its almost like a beautifully gory game of chess and add to that you're unlocking a labyrinth at the same time. Don't be afraid of death, it is only the beginning.
    I'm not afraid of death, I just fee the game can come off as cheap to me idk.

So im about 15 hours in but only just got to the rafters of the Cathedral WITH ALL THE THRALLS and honestly? kind of feels like Dark Souls 2 all over again thus far and im not happy to say it. The input lag is back after being absent in bloodborne and its fierce, there is constantly items set up with an obvious multi mob ambush that at least 4 times already has just been an ember in case you fell for the ambush when not already hollow, the bosses are getting easier, not harder and im running into a lot of long elevators and huge ladders to try and make it link together.
    I keep saying to myself 'stick with it, you loved the rest and its got to get better' but Bloodborne was such a high point for me and this just keeps being almost as good but i'm 15 hours of exploring every nook and cranny i can find and its not bad, its just not as good as the last game from put out. I guess it just feels like more of Dark Souls 2 and i expected a bit more polish and thought in the level design. Parts like the crab area, you know the one, was very much DS2 design. There are places that lean more to Bloodbourne as well, but even then they get ruined by the constant "enemies drop in from above behind you when you pick an item up and when you are this far into a series you dont fall for this, it just feels cheap like they couldnt think of or be bothered to do something interesting or clever.

I've platinumed every release so far and put hundreds of hours in and this isnt one im going to drop anytime soon, but it just feels like more steps back than new ideas so far and thats a bit disappointing so far for what Miyazaki says is his last hurrah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably give DS3 a 7/10 so far. Vordt, Greatwood, Crystal Sage, and Abyss Watchers all down. Level design is excellent but gameplay mechanics are overall a major step back from DS2. Mistakes are not punished very much, and good play is also not rewarded very well, resulting in gameplay that doesn't seem to vary a great deal based on player skill level.

Shields are also extremely weak compared to other DS games because monsters are designed and balanced around DS3's absolutely hideously overpowered rolling. Gitting gud is pretty much solely realizing your shield should be on your back most of the time.

PvP is very fun, but as mentioned above, there's not as much different between an average player and a good player. Good players can (literally) run circles around average players in DS2, but in DS3 the differences are less pronounced since PvP in DS3 largely consists of everyone spamming B and R1 (or R2, depending on what weapon they're using.) I'm using a halberd and the second I stopped trying to play like DS2 (unlocked with emphasis on randomized movement and running or rolling attacks to open up windows to use normal attacks safely) is the second I went from winning every other fight to winning three out of every four fights, even the 2v1's. I still unlock for spacing and movement, but most of the actual combat literally consists of me running up to them and mashing R1. Player tracking is fucking disgusting in DS3 to the point that there's almost no reason to ever unlock, you basically have autoaim and it's particularly absurd with horizontal UGS like the Zweihander.

I was fighting a guy using the claymore (horizontal GS), I rolled through one of his swings and was behind him to punish him flailing around with a backstab... and his character pirouetted mid-swing and smacked me. Sorry, but I have a really difficult time believing no one at FromSoft was aware of how bad that is if they want PvP to involve player skill and it really puts a crimp on my interest in DS3 PvP. It's still fun but I don't see myself spending cumulative hours theorycrafting new ways of playing and builds to maximize my effectiveness with a particular weapon or playstyle like I did with DS2 - the effort would be wasted because DS3 just isn't a game designed to revolve around player skill.

Abyss Watchers was the first boss fight that I felt was interesting and fun, but it was also way too easy. Throughout my entire experience with DS3, almost all enemies can be facerolled with 2hR1 spam from my halberd because it stuns them, they get poked and stunned again, and it repeats until they're dead. Kind of sad that a Lord of Cinder boss fell victim to this exact same behavior. Roll through their attacks, stunlock them until out of stamina, roll away until stamina is recovered, repeat until dead. Even the big scary flaming phase 2 guy just ended up getting stunlocked to death against a wall.

FromSoft is definitely not a top tier developer, in my mind. I think they were pretty close after SotFS, but DS3 is a substantial let-down in most regards. At least it gives plenty of evidence that the Miyazaki fan club is full of it. He was in on this from the start, and this is what we get? Pfft.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I consider the game pre abyss watchers easy, post abyss is quite a different beast to be honest, mistakes are punished REALLY HARD.
    Now i must be honest that despite it being an amazing game it does feel a bit too long in certain levels and short in others, which ends up as a negative, some maps had really good design, some others really annoying, the last one is huge but at the same time it's bad on how big it is.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

A covenant npc drops a rather nice 30 faith A scale chime, which is the highest scaled chime that I've seen, I'm tempted for a miracle spell sword build now over pyro Bound to dish out some devastating Sunlight Spears / Dorhy's Gnawing with this i would think at around 40 faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way of the blue covenant is as useless as it can be, fuck from why dont you fix those covenants? all game and 0 summons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    The way of the blue covenant is as useless as it can be, fuck from why dont you fix those covenants? all game and 0 summons.
    I'm pretty much in Darkmoon mode 100% of the time. I've only been summoned 3 times so far.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I honestly don't know how to summon someone for that covenant, which may be part of the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems I am now overleveled for the Watchdogs of Farron covenant and can't get summoned anymore.... great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I don't think they can really. You can only be summoned if someone is in the way of blue and is invaded but The Way of Blue is boring and invasions aren't that prevalent. The only way to fix it is to incentivize the Way of Blue by making invasions super frequent and that's obviously a bad idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    So it seems I am now overleveled for the Watchdogs of Farron covenant and can't get summoned anymore.... great.
    Isn`t the summoning down to gear level now?
    Or perhaps I misunderstood something in the thread a bit back.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY SHIT OH MY GOD FOR FUCK SAKE beat the game! boss was at 1 hit to die and i was at 1/4 hp, it comboed me "to death" but i had a hp regen ring which regened me during the combo, 1 hp left and managed to chug my last estus, ended up killing it!!! FUCK YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Took me around 18 hrs C: apparently i'm missing one boss Remilia have you done the dragon boss? i have heard there is one and idont know where it is! not the one who talks about ocelotte, that one was ezpz
    The final boss and the boss before that one are both "hard" and rewarding as fuck SPECIALLY THE SOUNDTRACK
    Last edited by barackopala; 2016-04-14 at 03:23 AM.

Ok Form Software please fix ur fucken Co-Op.

Now I know why I was not able to Co-Op with a buddy.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/f...ay-reason.html
    WAY OF WHITE CIRCLET:
    (Restore's link's to other worlds)

Online play item, restore the connection to world's.

Those who engage in unjust deeds when in contact with other world's will lose their connection to them.

Way of white circles assume such sin as their own, but are found few and far between. Acting without honor will never be without risk.

Repeatedly disconnecting from online sessions blocks you from using online play. Use this item to restore your connectivity. A new one only reappears about twice a day, so don't abuse disconnects!

I've noticed this Circlet is actually in your inventory.

I honestly never knew about this, and I actually do exit to home screen sometimes when I get invaded at inappropriate times, guess I won't be no more!
    This item was in my inv for whatever reason. I also notice each time I go to Firelink I got a 50% chance of the door to it being gray like someone is invading me. To fix this I got to sit at the bonfire and get up.

Now trying to figure out how to fucken remove/activate it.

Edit: To be clear I haven't disconnected or anything. There has been a couple times I just closed the game out of habbit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-14 at 03:36 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD