Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    And Blizzard said "no".
    So what is there to keep on discussing?
    Maybe brute force your way to make Blizzard do what they want?
    Blizzard also said no paid server transfers, no race or faction changing, no PVE to PVP transfers and no Oceanic servers at certain times.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    Apparently, evil vanilla fans are trying to sabotage the internet. At least that's the impression you'd get from the bunker mentality here on mmo-champion.
    I'm not talking about the people with an agenda here. They most certainly exist on both sides on this forum.

I'm talking about their actual reason for doing it. Like they must have some kind of beef with blizzard over something

Blizzard has said no on pretty much everything the game IS today. There was a time when you couldn't character transfer from PvE to PvP. Blizzard said no. Guess what, one day they said yes. They will say yes on anything that makes business sense, and right now 100,000 petition signers to Mike Morhaime are requesting a classic server, and is a lot of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'm not talking about the people with an agenda here. They most certainly exist on both sides on this forum.

I'm talking about their actual reason for doing it. Like they must have some kind of beef with blizzard over something
    They're assholes. What other excuse do you need?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    They've said maybe, but not right now. Recently (through an engineer), they said people who wanted it were wrong. Multiple employees don't speak for the company, but Blizzard itself as a company (AFAIK) has never implicitly said "No" to legacy servers. It's always along the lines of "Not right now". I don't understand what you mean by brute force.
    Blizzard never said maybe.

They have said no to vanilla servers many times now.

You need to understand that blizzard is not making a vanilla server. Its not happening

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That's still one of the most arrogant responses i've seen from a company employee, and shows how out of touch the WoW dev team are nowadays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ
    They are in touch with reality, something you're not in touch with.

I don't want to do that, maybe you do, Blizzard doesn't want to do that.

Difference between someone emulating a game, and a company providing a service is completely different. Random guy has nothing to lose if his server goes belly up, Blizzard could lose a lot by pursuing this legacy crap, and they could also lose a lot by allowing people to run their own legacy servers.

If you don't care about Blizzards perspective, why should they give a shit about yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Blizzard also said no paid server transfers, no race or faction changing, no PVE to PVP transfers and no Oceanic servers at certain times.
    And also said no micro-transactions in WoW

Pardo, the senior vice-president of game design at Blizzard, made the comments during the Q&A session following his GDC address entitled "Blizzard's Approach to Multiplayer Game Design." According to a WoW Insider transcript, Pardo was asked if Blizzard had considered implementing micro-transactions in World of Warcraft. "We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach," he replied. "We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW."

"Outside resources don't play into it - no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it," he continued. "What you get out of micro-transactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing it later."

When it was suggested micro-transactions might make it easier for casual gamers to maintain pace with more serious players, Pardo said, "They aren't going to be the ones spending the money."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    When did they say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post

I don't want to do that, maybe you do, Blizzard doesn't want to do that.

Difference between someone emulating a game, and a company providing a service is completely different. Random guy has nothing to lose if his server goes belly up, Blizzard could lose a lot by pursuing this legacy crap, and they could also lose a lot by allowing people to run their own legacy servers.

If you don't care about Blizzards perspective, why should they give a shit about yours?
    What are you wittering on about? He said you DON'T want legacy servers, "you just think you do". The fact that 1 private server had 150k active players and was growing shows that there is people who want it.

I'm pointing out the arrogance and idiocy from that guy trying to act like he knows better

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    That's how you define someone with different taste to you? This is why the thread went downhill pretty much from page 1.

I hope all of you criminal scum who played on these illegal <snip> servers rot in jail! How dare you take food out of Blizzard's mouth! I mean really, how morally bankrupt do you have to <snip> be to play on one of these horrible things?

Infracted: Posting private server addresses are against the site rules. [MoanaLisa]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-14 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    When did they say this?
    During vanilla, mostly.

There's this myth they all believe, that just because they changed their minds on some other things, they have to change their minds on everything.

It's why this thread is about to hit 800 pages - stubborn, magical thinking people, who think they can argue their way to making it happen, like Brack will read this thread in his office, and go "Oh no! They figured it out! Now we have to make legacy servers!"

Just enjoy it for the comedy it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    That's how you define someone with different taste to you? This is why the thread went downhill pretty much from page 1.
    Because people unfortunately take criticism of blizzard as a personal insult to them for some reason.

I think the Nost server has objectively proven, Blizzard are wrong when saying players don't really want these servers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    During vanilla, mostly.

There's this myth they all believe, that just because they changed their minds on some other things, they have to change their minds on everything.

It's why this thread is about to hit 800 pages - stubborn, magical thinking people, who think they can argue their way to making it happen, like Brack will read this thread in his office, and go "Oh no! They figured it out! Now we have to make legacy servers!"

The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

What are you wittering on about? He said you DON'T want legacy servers, "you just think you do". The fact that 1 private server had 150k active players and was growing shows that there is people who want it.

I'm pointing out the arrogance and idiocy from that guy trying to act like he knows better

It was J. Allen Brack, the executive producer of the World Of Warcraft. I doubt there's anyone on the planet who knows the game better than he does.

You guys are fucking hilarious, you think you know more than the guy who runs the whole damned show!

"What do THEY know, all they do is create, design and pay for the game, and have all the access to all of the metrics about use, cost of making legacy servers, and real interest in them. I clearly know more, because I want something they say "No" to."

C'mon, dude. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

This is better than any stand-up act. You call HIM arrogant?

- - - Updated - - -

Because people unfortunately take criticism of blizzard as a personal insult to them for some reason.

I think the Nost server has objectively proven, Blizzard are wrong when saying players don't really want these servers

- - - Updated - - -

The squeaky wheel gets the oil.
    Not if the wheel doesn't exist, and it would cost to much to make one.

It was J. Allen Brack, the executive producer of the World Of Warcraft. I doubt there's anyone on the planet who knows the game better than he does.

You guys are fucking hilarious, you think you know more than the guy who runs the whole damned show!

"What do THEY know, all they do is create, design and pay for the game, and have all the access to all of the metrics about use, cost of making legacy servers, and real interest in them. I clearly know more, because I want something they say "No" to."

C'mon, dude. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

This is better than any stand-up act. You call HIM arrogant?

- - - Updated - - -

Not if the wheel doesn't exist, and it would cost to much to make one.
    There was over 150,000 active players on Nost. Players do want legacy servers. You can't argue with facts and figures, sorry.

Deleted
    During vanilla, mostly.

But like. Their arguments for not making these servers are really sound

- - - Updated - - -

There was over 150,000 active players on Nost. Players do want legacy servers. You can't argue with facts and figures, sorry.
    There may have been 150k active accounts.What does active mean though? Anyway how many of them are botters or simply alt accounts? I know a friend of mine had 6 accounts

Do they want a legacy server or do they want a totally free legacy server?

But, yes, some people want a vanilla server. Some people want to watch Star Wars the way it was released as well. But it turns out if you provide that service for free, at some point you are going to get shut down. It's part of the game. It is like being a drug dealer and being really upset when you get arrested. Do I think it is right? Doesn't matter, if you do something illegal especially steal from a major corporation eventually you are going to get shut down. I'm not 100% sure what all the butt hurt is about. If you never expected this you are a naive child who has never done anything that skirts the law before.

Or just put a game in the game.Go trough Caverns of time portal and play Vanilla, come out with your Itemlevel 80 Epics as 710 epics with the timewalking stamp on it.

Seems simple, impossible to do sadly.

As a collective group, maybe you do want that, and they don't think that the profit is worth the risk. If money is to be made, they will do it, it wouldn't be a "no" or "maybe" or even a "you just think you do" answer.

You can pull numbers out your ass all day, but Blizzard has numbers, and they have given an answer.

Even if they end up crumbling to the idea of legacy, people have to then put their money where their mouth is, and support it. I just don't think it has a chance in hell going live, but if it does I think it's going to be a joke. All these supporters, sure some will pay, they do already, but a lot are looking for a free ride.

And you're so vain and arrogant you think 150k people violating Blizzard's IP somehow magically makes you smarter than the guy in charge of the game you have no respect for.

This is called "magical thinking", and you're well on your way to becoming the poster boy for it.