Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Let's raise taxes so we can justify more deficit spending yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Given how you publicly admit you’re a White Supremacist Lockedout - I’m really not expecting you to have a firm grasp on reality.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    All you really need to know is white supremacist though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I guess that's a bad thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    You didn't list any "facts" you made bullshit claims about you think that I think and have outright lied about some of my positions.

1. I "did" deploy and experienced situations that most civi's wont.

2. No I don't. I just don't want my money being redistributed as a cash payout (reward) to those that can't afford to have kids in the first place. If you only pay 1k into the system and you're getting 4k back BEFORE other deductions, thats bullshit. Especially since I'm told I make to much to qualify for the same tax credit.

No one should be receiving tax credits/refunds that they didn't contribute in the first place.

3. I don't even know where to start with this. The military offers the GI Bill as an incentive to join, primarily because they have to make military service competitive with the civilian market to attract quality soldiers like myself. It's no different than any other company that offers perks and incentives to work for them. It's a contractual agreement, if you don;t like the benefits that the DOD offers, by all means write your congressman to demand those benefits go away, be warned you may not be the most popular guy on the block for doing so, but at least you will have the courage in your beliefs.

Many companies (like the one I work for) offer TA assistance in various fields. I work in the finance industry, we offer TA assistance in finance majors, management, mathematics, etc etc. Thats an incentive they use to attract quality employees. If your company doesn't offer those incentives, than move to another company.

Furthermore, the biggest problem I have with the "free college" mantra is this....why are we looking to toss money at a problem instead of figuring out how the problem exists in the first place, and addressing it without passing the cost onto the populace.

4. Which posts are those? This whole sentence is retarded, once again you're making assumptions and accusations without actual evidence.

5 I really don't care about what YOU think I should be posting about. I've stated numerous times that I disagree with loopholes, and other evasions. Once again, my root issue is with the incompetence and corrupt ways tax money is spent by unscrupulous politicians

Well what were those "situations" you experienced that most civs don't? You ate in a mess tent somewhere in the Mid East or A'stan? Got to ride in a deuce or chopper to your duty post in the rear after you got off a plane? I know the temps are hot there but that doesn't qualify as a sacrifice. I'm sure you'll come up with something though. lol

EIC is there to help lower incomes. Whether you think they should receive it is your political position, but that's the typical selfishness of the fairly well-off or right-wing that as I said, get a helluva lot more than what EIC amounts to yet there's never enough for them - and they don't need it. Easy to pick at the low hanging fruit than to go after the real unfair and unnecessary gov't largess.

To use your logic, you shouldn't get free college just because you joined the military, regardless of why the gov't thinks they need to entice people into it. Want to save that money, Mr. Conservative? Bring back the draft if they want to enter conflicts. But the Neo-Cons learned from Vietnam and they'll never have a draft again, because they know doing so would end their illegal, undeclared-by-Congress wars in a NY minute. Just come up with novel stuff like 'Stop Loss' and voila!, no draft needed.

We didn't have the GI Bill when I was in, and I did OK. You're just as capable of paying for it yourself as I or anyone else did, or going into years of debt. But you don't generally see me on forums squawking about cancelling free college for military.

In post #122 you said:

When I pay taxes I want.....

1. My tax money to be used in things that have a common benefit i.e. police,fire, military, infastructure...etc etc. I take issue when politicians want to use tax money on "gimme" items like "free college".
    Does your free education have a "common good", or would you say it doesn't? Is your free "gimme item" like college justified, and should we taxpayers have to pay for it, or should you pay for it like civilians generally must? Oh I forgot - that "sacrifice" and all...

You also said:

Why for example, do people working part time paying next to nothing in taxes get 4k a year just because they have a kid? Meanwhile I get told that I "make to much" for that same credit.
    Poor tony, he looked into it but can't get that same tax credit. :sadface: He only makes 6-figures/annum, but needs another 4k from the evul gubmint. Maybe he wants a down payment for a new jet-ski or set of flashy rims/tires for his 4WD, or some landscaping around his backyard pool/BBQ. But he'll have to suffer it out for awhile, and watch those part-timers get 4k for their kids.

See how disgusting that sounds?

Lucky that some in your industry (finance) get education offers from it. Certainly it would have the money to do so from bailouts, QE $85. billion/month, and their own crooked "investment" schemes that many of us are aware of. But most industries or companies don't have that. You've never considered that that luxury isn't the case for vast majority of working people. For most, there is no such thing as, "If your company doesn't offer those incentives, than move to another company."

On your other posts, I'm not going to bother digging them up from weeks & months ago. We both know you've posted similar crap on these boards and it's not worth repeating.

So what all of this tomfoolery shows is basically, you're a hypocrite. I haven't known many on the right that weren't.

Infracted - please refrain from the personal attacks
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-04-14 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    He? So not you?

You have a CIA friend I am guess? Or in what capacity?
    Military Intelligence. He's in the US Army.

CIA is civilians and paramilitary.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Military Intelligence. He's in the US Army.

CIA is civilians and paramilitary.
    And what do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

And what do you do?
    Robotics / Computer Science.

7+ Year Old Account
    Robotics / Computer Science.
    In your capacity do you work for the military?

Do you intend to?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Compare the numbers though... Clinton isn't going to increase the taxes anywhere near how much Sanders is. So this criticism is a bit flawed.

Which is why Bernie is the better choice.

In your capacity do you work for the military?

Do you intend to?
    No. I work for a private company in Massachusetts. They have military contracts but I don't work on those projects.

Do I intend to? No. I've been in this position for about a year and change, and I'll probably quit within the next year at most. I'm working on setting up my own company with folks from my current team, my prior employer and college/grad school. We're getting our ducks in a row for investor hunting this summer. If that succeeds, I'll leave here.

Our group is working on great stuff and we think we can make a very attractive company for a buyout by a larger firm after a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Well what were those "situations" you experienced that most civs don't? You ate in a mess tent somewhere in the Mid East or A'stan? Got to ride in a deuce or chopper to your duty post in the rear after you got off a plane? I know the temps are hot there but that doesn't qualify as a sacrifice. I'm sure you'll come up with something though. lol

EIC is there to help lower incomes. Whether you think they should receive it is your political position, but that's the typical selfishness of the fairly well-off or right-wing that as I said, get a helluva lot more than what EIC amounts to yet there's never enough for them - and they don't need it. Easy to pick at the low hanging fruit than to go after the real unfair and unnecessary gov't largess.

To use your logic, you shouldn't get free college just because you joined the military, regardless of why the gov't thinks they need to entice people into it. Want to save that money, Mr. Conservative? Bring back the draft if they want to enter conflicts. But the Neo-Cons learned from Vietnam and they'll never have a draft again, because they know doing so would end their illegal, undeclared-by-Congress wars in a NY minute. Just come up with novel stuff like 'Stop Loss' and voila!, no draft needed.

We didn't have the GI Bill when I was in, and I did OK. You're just as capable of paying for it yourself as I or anyone else did, or going into years of debt. But you don't generally see me on forums squawking about cancelling free college for military.

In post #122 you said:

Is does your free education have a "common good", or would you say it doesn't? Is your free "gimme item" like college justified, and should we taxpayers have to pay for it, or should you pay for it like civilians generally must? Oh I forgot - that "sacrifice" and all...

You also said:

Poor tony, he looked into it but can't get that same tax credit. :sadface: He only makes 6-figures/annum, but needs another 4k from the evul gubmint. Maybe he wants a down payment for a new jet-ski or set of flashy rims/tires for his 4WD, or some landscaping around his backyard pool/BBQ. But he'll have to suffer it out for awhile, and watch those part-timers get 4k for their kids.

See how disgusting that sounds?

Lucky that some in your industry (finance) get education offers from it. Certainly it would have the money to do so from bailouts, QE $85. billion/month, and their own crooked "investment" schemes that many of us are aware of. But most industries or companies don't have that. You've never considered that that luxury isn't the case for vast majority of working people. For most, there is no such thing as, "If your company doesn't offer those incentives, than move to another company."

On your other posts, I'm not going to bother digging them up from weeks & months ago. We both know you've posted similar crap on these boards and it's not worth repeating.

So what all of this tomfoolery shows is basically, you're a hypocrite. I haven't known many on the right that weren't.
    Again, seriously?

1. You don't know anything about my service, and your description of the service leads me to believe that you were never in. You seem very ignorant to what happens during a deployment.

2. "You don't need it" says the guy who believes in taking it. Who are you to determine what I need or dont need. This is one if my core disagreements with the left, that so many of them think they should be entitled to spend my money because they feel they will do it better.

No, just no.

Sorry, if you didn't put 4k into the system, you shouldn't be pulling 4k out, especially as cash payouts, I view that as theft.

3. Your military obsession once sgsin, is far removed from reality.

Conscription armies are typically low quality, have discipline issues, and perform at a lower level than professional militaries. This is why we only do drafts during times of extreme need.

Again, to attract quality troops you need to have incentives that are competitive with the private sector.

Also, once again you prove your ignorance of just what stop loss is it was and makes me question whether you were in the military. I don't support stop loss, but at least know what it is.

4. Ummm.....the Vietnam drafts were primarily started and continued by Democratic administrations.

5. Once again, going on about GI BILL. Dude if you disagree with it, write your congressman. I earned it ima use it, sorry.

6. Your appeal to emotion is childish.

If I bust my ass to make good money, and want to spend it on rims, or gold, or whatever, that's my business. Its my,miney, I earned it.

Once again, getting more from the govt as a cash payment than you out into it, that's wrong. Services and social nets are one thing, getting extra money for shitti,g out some kids is another. Why should someone be more entitled to a cash refund from the govt than someone else based on a voluntary decision (to have kids). If your going to have it make it fair and available to everyone.

7. Lol my company never asked for, or received, bailouts. We offer TA assistance to recruit and retain quality employees, as do any other companies.

Once again, if you don't like where you work, work somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Working in the military is no more a sacrifice than working on any other job." Oh you naive little liberal. My best friend is getting out of the Military in January after 2 deployments to Afghanistan (he's actually there right now). The cost? an annihilated back, two bad knees, asmtha from the Afghan dust. Oh and his wife of two years has been at home in Texas, his second 9 month deployment away from her in their six year relationship.

No. He isn't getting entitlements. He's getting what he's due for negatively impacting the physical and personal well-being of the rest of his life. He doesn't regret it. But it's not a free lunch. No desk jockey, he saw some shit.

You got a lot of nerve. Tony is a great guy and a fuckin hero for his service, just like my friend is. This country is going to be better off when Afghan War and Iraq War vets enter elected office in droves. They have a perspective people like you will never get.
    You conveniently left out part of that post to come up with your ridiculous statement.

Don't forget that this "naive little liberal" (really?) served in the U.S. Army for several years with honors, but I've never claimed to anyone that it was a great "sacrifice" because I was never in actual danger from an enemy, and I wasn't drafted. In fact, most military personnel seldom are except in hot wars. Nor would I go about wearing it as a badge that I did something extraordinary if I had become injured, looking for "respect" or the vomit-inducing, knee-jerk and mindless "Thank you for your service!" that I hear all too often tossed around like penny candy.

Now, if "your friend" got those injuries/ailments from enemy action, that might be considered sacrifice. Then again, he might have taken some time to look into whether he should be involved in the first place. If he got them just from being in an unhealthy environment or job that he did not have to be in by the way, then he's no different than any civilian who has suffered similar disabilities on equivalent civilian jobs, or just working in shitty jobs for shitty employers. We all know there are ample cases of that.

So rah! rah! rah! You're so far off base that calling me naive is pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I wonder why I don't browse MMO-C as much...

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Sometimes I wonder why I don't browse MMO-C as much...
    I know right.

Its a guilty pleasure I find myself indulging in less and less.

Just the same ol people shouting at each other. Hell im guilty of it, but i don't come here nearly as much as I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Our economy will be in better shape once we win the war on terror.
    If that's really the case, might as well give up on the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Our economy will be in better shape once we win the war on terror.
    plan is not to win but fight indefinitely... i support the war and know that...

7+ Year Old Account
    No. I work for a private company in Massachusetts. They have military contracts but I don't work on those projects.

Do I intend to? No. I've been in this position for about a year and change, and I'll probably quit within the next year at most. I'm working on setting up my own company with folks from my current team, my prior employer and college/grad school. We're getting our ducks in a row for investor hunting this summer. If that succeeds, I'll leave here.

Our group is working on great stuff and we think we can make a very attractive company for a buyout by a larger firm after a couple of years.
    I find it fascinating that there exist someone so interested in war and foreign policy yet so unable or unwilling to directly get involved. Does that not trouble you at all? Dare I say make you kind of a chickenhawk as they say?

I find it fascinating that there exist someone so interested in war and foreign policy yet so unable or unwilling to directly get involved. Does that not trouble you at all? Dare I say make you kind of a chickenhawk as they say?
    You should go read the 40 or 50 times I went after every idiot who wants to send 10 Army divisions after ISIS and blow our budget on another trillion dollar middle eastern war. There is a search function after all. I know judging from the Bernie Sanders thread - you should go check it by the way - you arrogantly presume to box people into definitions that are compatible to your world view. It's a very simplistic way of looking at the world, but I mean, you are a BernieBro. In reality, we're allowed to have a nuanced point of view. You know, you can be for a strong defense, an energetic, assertive foreign policy, and completely and utterly against recklessly sending US troops and senselessly using our power to go slay dragons, wherever they lie. The US Military is not the Avengers. SHocking, I know right? And you accused me of Empire Building of all things. How utterly naive. Geostrategy is not empire building. Geostrategy is basic defense.

I did Air Force ROTC for a few years in college. I had to cross register at a university that wasn't my own though (my school didn't have AFROTC), so I ended up having to drop it because it became incompatible. Roads not taken and all that... but it was a wonderful experience.

My career is my career. The project we're basing our company around probably will have military applications for what its worth (but enterprise/business is it's primary goal). I would certainly sell to them of course. I talk about what I talk about because it is 180 degrees apart from my highly technical career. Foreign relation is about people. The military angle dovetails into that and is a necessary component because it's a cornerstone of US power. However, from a larger view Foreign policy was an interest that came to me later on as an interest. It's one of my biggest hobbies. I am allowed, I believe, to have hobbies other than playing WoW one day a week.

For the record I knew exactly what you were doing (which is why I kept answering you). You were trying to line me up as some kind of beneficiary of some Clinton policy because it makes it easy for you. You were trying to put me in a box. And I foresaw you adopting this low road when you clearly weren't going to be able to do that. Nice try. But you're not very good at this.

But then again, this is coming from the guy who didn't like "Realism" (the Foreign Relations school of thought) and sought to redefine it without looking it up and finding that *Gasp* it's actually a name that's associated with historic sets of principles that thousands of foreign policy minds subscribe too... why? All because it didn't fit his world view.

Really a classic moment. You're welcome for your education by the way.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-04-14 at 04:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Furthermore, the biggest problem I have with the "free college" mantra is this....why are we looking to toss money at a problem instead of figuring out how the problem exists in the first place, and addressing it without passing the cost onto the populace.
    A lot of the time, the problem IS a lack of funding. Examining current student loans, you'll see it's just that. Money makes the world go 'round. If you want to fix something, you generally need the means to fix it.

I find that those who like to suggest that money is not the problem, generally don't have a good alternative to lack of funding.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The people that run this dog n' pony show don't want an educated populace anymore, except for the top 20% or so to manage their corporations as they're told, so they'll keep them happy with good pay/bennies.

The rest of the unwashed only have to be smart enough to work at Wal-Mart, but not so smart that they can figure a way to change things.

I think you're off base here.

I'm middle age, and firmly middle class (i just broke into 6 digits this past year).

I have no delusions of being a milionare, I don't want that stress. I just want to support my family, and love comfortablly. I think the majority of middle class feel the same way.

With that being said, I bust my ass for the money I earn. When I pay taxes I want.....

1. My tax money to be used in things that have a common benefit i.e. police,fire, military, infastructure...etc etc. I take issue when politicians want to use tax money on "gimme" items like "free college".

I served my country for 12 years, partially for the GI BILL. It annoys me that so many college age youth want the same benefits I worked for, without making the sacrifices for it.

Then you have people taking more than they contribute. Why for example, do people working part time paying next to nothing in taxes get 4k a year just because they have a kid? Meanwhile I get told that I "make to much" for that same credit.

Fucking A man.

2. Accountability, frankly I don't trust our "leadership" to lead a lack of girl scounts. Every time there's a tax increase I feel money gets side barred for other projects not related to the increase. Pork barrel spending projects for example.

Hell look at social security.....that's supposed to be a lockbox trust fund.....but it's coffers are habbitually raided for other shit.
    collage was also far cheaper and better prospects then today