Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Justicar Trueheart Buff

Battlecry: Replace your starting Hero Power with a better one.

Since when did this get buffed? Seems like a lot gets changed in the game and you find out the hard way.

eg.
    • Swipe on an Imp Gang Boss no longer kills the imp that spawns.
    • Poison Seeds with an Explosive Sheep on board kills everything.

And now as I just discovered:
    • Justicar Trueheart also buffs the hero power that Sir Finley gives you!

Thing is they forgot the change the wording on the card.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2016-04-14 at 01:58 AM.

Sir Finley gives starting Hero Powers. Why would they need to change the wording?

10+ Year Old Account
    >Play Finley
    >Receive Hero Power
    >Play Trueheart
    >Buff Hero Power

Am I...missing something? Because I don't understand the problem.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

15+ Year Old Account
    Justicar has ALWAYS operated this way with Finley. Nothing has changed.

Justicar checks for one of the nine base hero powers when played, and if one comes back true, it gets upgraded. Doesn't matter which actual class you are.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Sir Finley gives starting Hero Powers. Why would they need to change the wording?
    What? Starting Hero Power I would assume is the one you start with at the beginning of the game. How is the one given to you in the middle of the game your Starting Hero Power? Would it not just be called your hero power? What's the difference between your 'Starting Hero Power' and your 'Hero Power'?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    >Play Finley
    >Receive Hero Power
    >Play Trueheart
    >Buff Hero Power

Am I...missing something? Because I don't understand the problem.
    Yes you are. The wording says "starting Hero Power". i.e. the one you start with.

If Majordomo died and you became Raggy, you would no longer have a "Starting Hero Power" because your hero power would be "Deal 8 damage to a random enemy", however the 9 classes' hero powers are all 'Starting' Hero Powers. (Does that make sense? Not sure if it does)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasqua View Post
    If Majordomo died and you became Raggy, you would no longer have a "Starting Hero Power" because your hero power would be "Deal 8 damage to a random enemy", however the 9 classes' hero powers are all 'Starting' Hero Powers. (Does that make sense? Not sure if it does)
    It says "Your starting Hero Power", the one that applies to your class, the one you were given at the start.

Majordomo, Jaraxxus, Shadowform - is that it or is there some other non-starting hero power?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Majordomo, Jaraxxus, Shadowform - is that it or is there some other non-starting hero power?
    The lightning bolt one from the shaman weapon that nobody uses.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    The one you are given by Sir Finley is not your starting Hero Power. Eg. For a Hunter your starting Hero power is Steady Shot. If Sir Finley then gives you Fireblast that is your new Hero Power, not the one you started with.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    The one you are given by Sir Finley is not your starting Hero Power. Eg. For a Hunter your starting Hero power is Steady Shot. If Sir Finley then gives you Fireblast that is your new Hero Power, not the one you started with.
    Starting hero powers are the 9 class hero powers. The "your" in the tooltip just specifies which hero gets targetted by the effect, it doesn't mean your class' starting hero power, but the starting hero power which your hero currently has.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a buff. It always did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Blizzard obviously disagrees with you. In addition, people have known that, as long as you have one of the 9 basic hero powers, Justicar Trueheart WILL replace it with the more powerful version. People found this out with that, 6 mana 6/5 that copies your opponent's hero power.

So, yea. Who, exactly, are you to state that the game works in whichever way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

They frequently appear in Tavern Brawls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Starting hero powers are the 9 class hero powers. The "your" in the tooltip just specifies which hero gets targetted by the effect, it doesn't mean your class' starting hero power, but the starting hero power which your hero currently has.
    There is no reason to take it that way before Blizzard tells you that's what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Blizzard obviously disagrees with you. In addition, people have known that, as long as you have one of the 9 basic hero powers, Justicar Trueheart WILL replace it with the more powerful version. People found this out with that, 6 mana 6/5 that copies your opponent's hero power.

So, yea. Who, exactly, are you to state that the game works in whichever way?
    This is about understanding the wording on a card. I'm not arguing about how it actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They frequently appear in Tavern Brawls.
    Exactly, Summon Infernal is Jaraxuss' Starting Hero Power.

It's Jaraxus's hero power... but by your logic it can't be *your* starting hero power because you can't start as Jaraxxus :P
    The card probably should be reworded to mention Basic Hero Powers rather than "Starting Hero Powers" though. It's not a huge issue but it would make it work more accurately to how it is written.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're just getting too caught up on a single word mate. =-)
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's Jaraxus's hero power... but by your logic it can't be *your* starting hero power because you can't start as Jaraxxus :P
    That is my logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're looking at it wrong mate

It's not worded as "Your Starting" (ie beginning of the match) "Hero Power"

It's worded to follow the game functions - that is, "Your" (denoting your hero) "Starting Hero Power" (denoting one of the nine Hero Powers classed as Starting Hero Power).

It could read "Replace the Starting Hero Power you currently have with a better one" but that is unnecessary redundancy of words. The way it is worded is correct and more concise.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    You're looking at it wrong mate

It's not worded as "Your Starting" (ie beginning of the match) "Hero Power"

It's worded to follow the game functions - that is, "Your" (denoting your hero) "Starting Hero Power" (denoting one of the nine Hero Powers classed as Starting Hero Power).

It could read "Replace the Starting Hero Power you currently have with a better one" but that is unnecessary redundancy of words. The way it is worded is correct and more concise.
    Yes but it has to be explained that way after it is written because "Starting Hero Power" is a technical term specific to the game; one of the 9 Hero Powers each character has.

The default is to take it the other way until you discover otherwise, i.e. The Hero Power you start with.