Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Think you'll se a lot more details the coming days when people start testing what they are, what kind, what objectives and what rewards, where to go etc. As for faction stories, no idea if they will be faction-wide but I do believe they are adding the same kind of progressing questlines to class/order halls.
    Oh yeah, and I look really forward to that.

My biggest criticism with WoD was how it threw out the baby with the bathwater when it came to MoP style dailies and storytelling, so one of my main hopes for Legion was for factions to get another evolving storyline that opens up as you progress them. Finding out each CLASS gets that as well is very exciting, and also slightly concerning since I literally want to see all of it so I'll need to maintain ever spec in game game (since Artifacts are also apparently getting more lore as you level them up, unless it's not on a per-spec basis).

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    If I recall correctly, they mentioned quite a while back that they wanted advancing reputations to unlock new questlines with more story at endgame related to the reputation; not sure if they're still going with that.
    You have no idea how much I hope this is the case, and even though you haven't got a source for me to leap on there, just hearing it gives me hope and excites me =P

World Quests sound an awful lot like the bonus objective areas from Tanaan, which are the epitome of boring. Really hope these world quests arent just those in new hides.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they never disspoint dont they ? peopel are geting new raids new dungeons , artifacts , much better pvp , ton of world quests , new legendaries new minigame in class hall yet they still will whine for smallest possible reason - stuff like this makes me reliase more often and often how retarded wow playerbase is nowadays
    We're getting? Ah, so these are gifts to us? Here I thought we had to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    You have no idea how much I hope this is the case, and even though you haven't got a source for me to leap on there, just hearing it gives me hope and excites me =P
    Don't get your hopes too up, I can't find the source either

It might have been a small mention at Blizzcon or in a dev twitter response, but it could also just be me misinterpreting something or even wishful thinking xD

Edit: They did make a mention of it in an interview, although it's not quite what I wish for, there's hope:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ion Hazzikostas: One thing I will say in general about lessons learned from Warlords of Draenor in terms of the storytelling, the level of an experience is not in question. We had a very clear compelling powerful story. In our raids and dungeons we kind of touched on where that story ended up. In terms of bridging the gap between those while we were telling that story, it was often in a way that felt disconnected from the world itself. Kind of fragmented. We’re really trying to much better integrate that storytelling in game so there’s a clear plotline that players can follow from start to finish.

Tom Chilton: We definitely want express it more through the max level content than we did in Warlords.

source
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-04-14 at 11:35 AM.

Has anyone noticed the portal to ashenvale in the Emerald Dreamway is missing. That is the only one from the original four in Azeroth that is not there. I noticed there was one missing the other day and couldnt work out which one it was untill today

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    World Quests sound an awful lot like the bonus objective areas from Tanaan, which are the epitome of boring. Really hope these world quests arent just those in new hides.
    Some sample objectives were things like "Kill (named mob) and 11 (named mob's trash)", or "Collect X items and kill 5 (named mob's trash", supposedly allowing the same area to be used for different objectives that evoke old-fashioned daily quests more than "fill this bar by whatever is the quickest method", so I wouldn't really say they are bonus objectives in any sense other than you travel to the location and the objectives will pop up (at least this time they seem more Quest-y and have lore...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Don't get your hopes too up, I can't find the source either

It might have been a small mention at Blizzcon or in a dev twitter response, but it could also just be me misinterpreting something or even wishful thinking xD

Edit: They did make a mention of it in an interview, although it's not quite what I wish for, there's hope:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ion Hazzikostas: One thing I will say in general about lessons learned from Warlords of Draenor in terms of the storytelling, the level of an experience is not in question. We had a very clear compelling powerful story. In our raids and dungeons we kind of touched on where that story ended up. In terms of bridging the gap between those while we were telling that story, it was often in a way that felt disconnected from the world itself. Kind of fragmented. We’re really trying to much better integrate that storytelling in game so there’s a clear plotline that players can follow from start to finish.

Tom Chilton: We definitely want express it more through the max level content than we did in Warlords.

source
    Ahhh :/ Well, still. In Legion we're getting spec-specific lore in Artifact acquisition and Artifact progression, Class lore in the Class Order Halls and Order Hall Campaigns, profession lore from freakin' professions and random objective lore from World Quests. It'd be reaaally weird to include reputations in such an environment with no max-level lore, so for now I'll keep hoping it's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Medieval Man View Post
    Why do you skip the part where Tirion dies and cut right to Krosus? What was the point of that?
    The server was constantly disconnecting everyone, unfortunately it caused me to miss that part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The server was constantly disconnecting everyone, unfortunately it caused me to miss that part.
    ah ok, sorry then

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Ahhh :/ Well, still. In Legion we're getting spec-specific lore in Artifact acquisition and Artifact progression, Class lore in the Class Order Halls and Order Hall Campaigns, profession lore from freakin' professions and random objective lore from World Quests. It'd be reaaally weird to include reputations in such an environment with no max-level lore, so for now I'll keep hoping it's a given.
    Can't say much for what the future holds but the way they are designing quests in Legion makes it look like they want to take storytelling to the next level. Classes have their own campaign / story line, unless things have changed that goes for professions as well. Having only accepted my first quest in alpha I can't say much about the latter. I would be very surprised if coming content patches, heck even the main release wouldn't have some faction-based campaign as well.

oohh uhhh ahhh... world quests looks good..

but the point is.. how many world quests exist?

i hope over 50! anything less would be the same boring shit after 2-3 months..

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post

I have to agree on this. Also make them ever evolving in some way each patch if you want to keep them relevant reward wise through Legion. Hell make 1 into a mini side story if possible.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

Lucky for you then that this was on the second line in their announcement:

"We now have well over 300 World Quests ready for testing. Before you dive in on the test realms, we’ve got details for you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ Blizzard... I mean at least its not as silly and Disney-esque as that WoD intro... but that writing. Do you even try? Or are you devs having your kids write this shit? Such terrible dialogue. And when the fuck did Genn ever fight the Legion before? Not to mention the checklist of bad Blizzard writing:

1) Bad guy always mentioning his master
    2) Unknown badguy being a badass but dying right away
    3) Badguy(s) back from the dead! REVENGE!
    4) Finally, blame the horde/Alliance.

Wish I hadn't wasted a half hour on this shit. Coulda been using it to get better light gear in Destiny or finishing a GTA:O daily objective. Think today is my 28th... mmm half million dollar daily.

Sounds like at launch it will be over 300 and if it proves fun it would be something that in theory would be pretty easy to add many more each patch as most won't require any major art or level design type delays just standard quest hookups.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    That is exactly what they are. It is simply a paint job.

Do we have to have these long alpha patch notes in their entirety every time a new build comes out? It's a minor inconvenience sure but they're largely irrelevant to most of the people coming here and a hassle to scroll past. Maybe just a link to them for those who are interested?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuper hyped for Immortal Diamond King Magni of Ironforge.

Edit: rip Immortal Diamon King Magni of Ironforge, all hail The Diamond Avatar of Azeroth
    Last edited by syteless; 2016-04-14 at 03:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Give people 300 varying quests to do at max level, on top of Profession Quest, Class Quests and Story Quests and they still complain about something.

GG forums.
    hahaha, man I love you!

It is so True, things just comes out and it takes less then an HOUR for people that does not even know how it works to COMPLAIN about something they have just READ ABOUT....

TO ALL YOU CRYERS AND SCREAMERS..... SHUT UP and let BLIZZARD DO THERE MAGIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    For us older farks out there (35+) it is a slight disconnect to go running to a connected device (as our Maps are in WoW) to answer something. We think of going to a person or a stationary device like a library or a computer. We don't always think to go to that thing in our pockets. Given the younger ages of many of WoW's designers, I can imagine it's quite simple to them where to put this info.
    Please don't profile me. I'll be 38 in a few weeks, and I ABSOLUTELY run to my electronic device for answers. I have made a concious effort to stay with the times instead of insisting that "in my day" things were better. They weren't. Its better now, it should be better now. If we aren't getting better, then wtf are we doing?

Get with the times, or be left in the past. Its lonely there, the dinosaurs are extinct. Don't be a dinosaur.
    Last edited by Negai; 2016-04-14 at 03:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    WORLD QUESTS!!!! AWESOME, this is great news, since they can implement more in patches and keep on Expanding, giving us an infinite of content.

TO ALL OF YOU WHO THINK THAT YOU CHOOSE THE QUESTS FROM THE MAP, there will be LEGION FACTION EMMISARIS (NPCs) in our Order Halls that we have to talk to get the quests.

WELL DONE BLIZZARD, KEEP THIS UP!