Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Broken Shore Scenario

Ran through quickly & got footage of the Alliance scenario on the Alpha as it went up earlier. Currently it's only Alliance available, there's a lot of voiceovers missing (Mekkatorque, Jaina, Wrynn, Gul'dan) and only really the generic demons & Greymane have voices currently. Obviously cinematics are still PH.

So, the big, ultimate "alliance" fight against the Legion is just humans and gnomes?

I guess it's an improvement over everything being just humans.

Jeez, that 'rad final cinematic' is going to be unreal.

They face JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!

Damn it, man, why didn't he say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Jesus, that looks epic. Can't wait for that 'rad cinematic'.

Edit: Just saw the extra bit at the end on the front page. Kinda weird how Jaina leaves, the legion attacks and you're then sent to a Dalaran filled with horde.

Surely there must be something in between Jaina ditching stormwind and Khadgar handing her a cardboard box, kicking her out of her city and inviting the horde back. It kinda sucks there's no (current) explanation for Jaina suddenly being deposed, I was hoping to see Khadgar forcibly teleporting her out or something, but as it is he seems to take over Dalaran off-screen within 5 minutes. Hope they at least add a cinematic before launch.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-04-14 at 04:40 AM.

Anyone notice that among the alliance forces we don't side hide nor hair of the Dwarves, Night elves or Draenei? (and I guess pandas as well)

It would have been epic to come up upon a large force of dwarves, all 3 clans working together and giving the demons hell

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty amazing to me
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Anyone notice that among the alliance forces we don't side hide nor hair of the Dwarves, Night elves or Draenei? (and I guess pandas as well)

It would have been epic to come up upon a large force of dwarves, all 3 clans working together and giving the demons hell
    My guess is those were those who were available. The night elves were defending Darnassus, the draenei Exodar, and the dwarves Ironforge. Dalaran is already safe (somehow) and Genn and Gelbin don't really have kingdoms to defend. So the Broken Shore seems to be the forces they could afford for an offensive. But yeah, you got me on the lack of pandas.

Going by that, I'm curious as to who all will be at the Broken Shore for the Horde. We know the forsaken have a role, so there's trolls and goblins available going by my idea for the Alliance composition. That said, I'd be surprised if orcs were a no-show to fighting the Legion. It could also be the Horde ends up with a greater racial presence because some have less investment in their physical holdings (Thunder Bluff is just tents, they've had to rebuild Orgrimmar before, etc). With that, the only Horde group I'd be surprised to see on the Broken Shore is the blood elves, since they're likely in just about the same situation as most Alliance races.
    Last edited by StannMann; 2016-04-14 at 05:34 AM.

I'm a little confused. Did they rescind their plan for this to be a 40-person cross faction raid scenario? I know this is a smaller group for testing, but it looks like in the context of the story, the Horde forces are somewhere else... Or do horde players literally split up in a single giant zone?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm choking to see this cinematic.

Seems like the Horde 'betray' the Alliance but it seems like they don't kill Varian. Suck it, Sylvanas haters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post

That's a point, in other expansions you see the Alliance races everywhere but Dwarves are never in the driving seat. I'd love to see a patch or a raid where its the Dwarves. They're the cool Alliance race.

Already at least 2 other threads on this, 1 in this forum, one in Legion Forum.
    All should be merged and moved in the Legion forum.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Already at least 2 other threads on this, 1 in this forum, one in Legion Forum.
    All should be merged and moved in the Legion forum.
    Its lore info. It stays in lore forum

- - - Updated - - -

Also the alliance fans on the official lore forums are salty.
    "Horde are pathetic cowards" over and over
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Night Elves and Draenei could make sense since they would be arriving on a different front

10+ Year Old Account
    Tirion didn't pray hard enough... poor guy got super nuked. Looks like the Lich King is going to have to send his elite team of DKs to win the game. The scenario looks pretty awesome and I like Jaina's bridge making skills, but yeah I would have loved to seen dwarven tanks and gnome copters raiding the shore, or say at least wreckage of them showing the races were there but pwned. No dreanei though is sad, this is their batman/punisher moment to lay down the law.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright so not only we do have ships, but they just space-warp out of nowhere into the fray.
    I like that.

Pretty badass. Gives the impression that the azeroth forces would have won had the Horde not withdrawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Pretty badass. Gives the impression that the azeroth forces would have won had the Horde not withdrawn.
    Doubt it considering the demons you see at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I'm curious to see what the Horde one is like. From the sound files, it sounds like they get overwhelmed on the cliffs and they are forced to retreat (or perhaps they lose so many troops they simply can't stick around). I really hope this is the case, as this would cause and amazing reason for tension again between the two factions (in which both are technically not to blame).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Saludin/simple
    *Tusks of Mannoroth obtained 9.5.2014

I will bear this mantle of burden alone, to give hope to all that even the smallest of individuals can tackle giants.

Abandoning them to die after uniting against a common enemy is just another type of betrayal. It's even worse since the Horde has this Lok Tar o Gar motto to never surrender and that goes against their nature. I expected at least the Orcs to fight to the last person. It is an act of cowardice regardless of how we see it. It was supposed to be a critical battle to push them to the portal and then destroy it. Retreat wasn't an option cause after that the Legion probably got a good foot in Azeroth. It was a do or die situation.

It's no wonder Jaina and Genn feel like this and it is about time Sylvannas pays the consequences of that action.