Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    so far all i can tell is that we have the new fire glow in our hands when casting (like the new fire mage animations). other than that, pretty much the same. RoF still same old same old.

New stuff:
    - channel demonfire. completely new animation
    - the rifts: they look pretty cool.
    Nothing on youtube, do you have any kind of secret video stash showing it all? Especially channel demonfire?

Dimensional rifts are fun but overall color me unimpressed with Destro right now (outside Havoc that's amazing), it's mastery needs to burn in hell.

Single target numbers right now are ridiculously bad as well, probably the worst out of any DPS spec, no doubt that'll be fixed though.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2016-04-14 at 02:35 PM.

Guess I was just lucky with my shards yesterday. When RNG is being mean to you and you are fighting a single target, destro feels so useless waiting for conflag to come out of cd or incinerate tick to return SS. Far cry from controlling our own destinies like with burning ember.
    The spec becomes boring af without soul conduit for that reason. The only reason it's not a default choice is because of the talent for Havoc. But I have to wonder about balance, with that talent, I would imagine our cleave to be too OP.
    Also, I am so sad for going from the spec to handle priority adds to "yo destro, we will never let you handle priority adds cos we don't want RNG to wipe us." True we can cleave the adds, but in WoD we were often given the responsibility of making sure they are dead. I don't imagine we will be serving that niche now.
    I am also worried we bring next to no utility for mythic+ dungeons. They even made shadowfury have cast time and Interrupts mean sacrificing dps. Why even bring destro to mythic+ even if our dps is competitive? Seems at best we will not be a liability but never an asset.
    Last edited by avahle; 2016-04-14 at 04:11 PM.

This spec looks so boring... Destro = Chaos Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by axlkix View Post
    This spec looks so boring... Destro = Chaos Bolt
    That's the part I like. But the more I play, the more worried I am getting about everything around it. It could be fixed. I can see what they were going for. But it does not play well in serious PVE now at all.

Deleted
    I'm disappointed. I have expected far more cool looking abilities, tons of green explosions and kabooms. No no no, me like not.

I just watched Preach's video on destro and my god does it look awful to play. Removing several things from the spec just to make talents and not replacing them with anything.

Deleted
    Is anyone else worried that with havoc being what it is, and especially with the perma havoc talent, that our single target is going to be pretty weak to account for the fact we are going to have absurd cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeshmi View Post
    Is anyone else worried that with havoc being what it is, and especially with the perma havoc talent, that our single target is going to be pretty weak to account for the fact we are going to have absurd cleave?
    Yeah, else the other talents in the row will have to be tuned in such a way that speccing into them for ST will balance it out. Either way, it's a balance nightmare and I fear we are going to suffer for it.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    So, in short, I'm very worried that all the good things (Soul conduit + soul snatcher CB spam, havoc OP'ness, extremely tanky) are going to be nerfed to oblivion, while we keep all the bad things (Trap talents, Mana, No mobility, No sustained AoE, and probably a lot more that I forgot).
    A reasonable assumption, based on precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    For a spec that worked extremely well in MoP, and in 2 expansions required very little fixes, they sure did manage to mess a lot of things up.
    All they had to do was not ruin things that were working. Too bad that's beyond their capabilities.
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

I loved getting the artifact but the spec is seriously extremely clunky outside of Havoc right now.

The 90 pet tier makes absolutely NO sense - So much emphasis on the imp so our options are either Perma Doomguard, no pet in exchange for a random proc (you don't even get to keep their special ability anymore!), or summoning a second pet every once in a while?

Not to mention the AoE feels really lackluster. You need to spam Immolate to be able to regen enough shards to maintain rain of fire, yet there's no longer any way to spread Immolate and FnB is really boring.

If we're meant to be a cleave class only, I'm probably just gonna put it in the backburner and go for Demonology instead. :/

I got Alpha yesterday and only had enough time to earn the artifact, I'll see if my impressions change while playing more today.

Overall My first impression of Destro is not good. I don't like the change to the resource system from granular and controlled to jagged and throttled/RNg based...and AoE feels totally empty. Like always, my opinions change rapidly as i get more play time under my belt to adjust.

More long winded than intended for a first impression....
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4179?page=3#55

Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    Honestly as it stands I feel like Soul Conduit is best for ST and AOE, just not cleave. Curious how channel demonfire will be tuned.
    Yeha Demonfire seems a bit lost right now which is a shame because its a wicked new talent. Soul Conduit fills both ST and AoE roles on that row and Havoc fills the 2 target role. Thats not leaving much room for Demonfire. It needs to pack more of a punch (like it did when we could briefly spec destro months back).

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    hey you all, show some new animations, new green fires and other doom like fanciness
    An interesting note, that this current build currently has NO spell animations for any spells modified by green fire. I did the quest and now none of my spells are visible. My character stands there and looks like he is not doing anything when casting. lol its pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's so clunky about it? Take Soul Conduit and Reverse Entropy and it plays 1-to-1 as CR Destro live right there, with Havoc being more OP and AoE (arguably) less OP.

If you want to be a bit different - spec out here and there to various goodies.

In short, they were not shitting that there are little changes, you can pretty much either make it play as live now or different depends on what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What's so clunky about it? Take Soul Conduit and Reverse Entropy and it plays 1-to-1 as CR Destro live right there, with Havoc being more OP and AoE (arguably) less OP.

In short, they were not sitting that there are little changes, you can pretty much either make it play as live now or different depends on what you want.
    Except when you run into bad luck at a bad time and you are twiddling your thumb waiting for one of the RNG systems to proc and give you something to do. I experienced this many times in dungeons where when an add needed to die, I ran out of shards and RNG decided to be cruel to me at that point.
    This isn't helped one bit by incinerate feeling like a complete waste now and the fact we can store only 2.5 potential CBs now(talent + a cast in middle can bring this back to 4 but needs you to sacrifice eradication and cataclysm) instead of 4 like on live and the fact that our CBs damage vary so wildly even with modest mastery levels.
    Last edited by avahle; 2016-04-14 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    An interesting note, that this current build currently has NO spell animations for any spells modified by green fire. I did the quest and now none of my spells are visible. My character stands there and looks like he is not doing anything when casting. lol its pretty funny.
    Are we still engulfed in flames as we gather more shards (instead of embers)? Very petty of me, but I absolutely loved that effect and would be disappointed to see it go out the window for no real reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

In short, they were not shitting that there are little changes, you can pretty much either make it play as live now or different depends on what you want.
    Plays a bit better than CR right now because you don't have to cast wet noodle spells to do any dmg. You just randomly get to shoot 8 CB's in a row.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Are we still engulfed in flames as we gather more shards (instead of embers)? Very petty of me, but I absolutely loved that effect and would be disappointed to see it go out the window for no real reason.
    Don't think I saw it; so I am going to say no. At-least not in this build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Plays a bit better than CR right now because you don't have to cast wet noodle spells to do any dmg. You just randomly get to shoot 8 CB's in a row.
    May get to. Sometime you can't even cast one. I hate SS's binary nature and wish embers were still kept and they just removed CR.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Didn't looks like it sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

AoE does not feel very satisfying. In terms of Class Fantasy and progression, it feels bad for the Destruction Warlock to suddenly forget how to cast AoE Chaos Bolt. Backdraft is the only talent on the first row that impacts AoE but its triggered by a single target spell. Roaring Blaze would be a great AoE talent .. if we hadn't forgotten how to cast AoE Immolate and Conflag. I'm still not sure how we are supposed to maintain Rain of Fire if we don't take Cataclysm (or if its on Cooldown) since we cant apply AoE immolate anymore. I really hope there wont ever be the need to weave single target shard generators or tab around immolates just to have more than passive incinerate as an AoE option, I wont enjoy it. I feel Roaring Blaze should extend Immolates dot rather than buff it and Fire and Brimstone should also effect Conflag so that the two talents can synergize for Aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    AoE does not feel very satisfying. In terms of Class Fantasy and progression, it feels bad for the Destruction Warlock to suddenly forget how to cast AoE Chaos Bolt. Backdraft is the only talent on the first row that impacts AoE but its triggered by a single target spell. Roaring Blaze would be a great AoE talent .. if we hadn't forgotten how to cast AoE Immolate and Conflag. I'm still not sure how we are supposed to maintain Rain of Fire if we don't take Cataclysm (or if its on Cooldown) since we cant apply AoE immolate anymore.
    Feel like we are essentially going to be a dot class when it comes to AOE and a casted dot at that. We can't do anything without casting Immolate on each of them without Cataclysm or when it's on CD.

Also, with Immolate becoming the single most important spell in the spec, wonder how PVP is going to be for destro if they can easily be dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It's great when that happens, but that can also not happen and it's dreadful

Being shard starved feels awful live, feels even more awful on alpha.