Poll: What was your favourive expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Story wise Wrath but gameplay wise I loved MoP. There was so much to do, the only time I ran out was when the drought hit at the end there but I knew it was coming so I quit for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    Except it's about "Your favourite expansion", you know, a personal opinion. Maybe you'd like to read properly before being a smart ass?

Edit:

VVV: Never go to General Off-Topic.
    Regardless of "favorite expansion" or not, TBC was the best expansion hands down, verified by 11 million subs.

Deleted
    I really loved MoP. The world, the characters, the music, it somehow resonated with my being. It was the only expansion where I actually cared about the story, the land and the people in it. Maybe because the pandaren philosophy "Why do we fight" was something I actually took lessons from. I probably enjoyed Wrath era slightly more, but only because my friend were still playing at that time. On the other hand, I don't really get the buzz about TBC. I leveled through it, farmed fishing dailies, flying mount and Ogrilla and was left with PVP to do...

If I rate the expansions on scale where the most favourite gets 100%:
    Vanilla 30%
    TBC 40%
    Wrath 90%
    Cata 60%
    MoP 100%
    WoD 50%

Vanilla included for comparison.
    Last edited by mmoc6e28ee9d8b; 2016-04-14 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    How is Cata on the same level as TBC but MoP is below both of them LOL
    Because MoP I didn't like. The stories in the zones weren't good. The farm thing was bad. The new class and race introduced I didn't like at all. It had some cool things like Lorewalkers and Flexible raiding, but overall the main parts of the expansion - the dungeons, the zones, the questing and the raiding were all some of the worst ever.

Cata T11 and T12 were some of the best raiding experiences ever and their dungeons were really well done. Plus the lore of Cata I liked. Bringing in the Wildhammer and Twilight cult in the Highlands, the Tol'vir in Uldum, some Old God stuff, Vashjir was incredible - albeit annoying as hell to quest through.

Plus it brought Goblins and Worgen which are both much better than Pandaren. I dunno, it is subjective, but Cataclysm I will always consider to be better than MoP. And I always have. I have way more time played in Cata than I ever did in MoP.

BC isn't that great imo. The zones/questing/lore part of it was really scattered and weak. Some of the dungeons were cool, but it was the raiding and PVP that carried that expansion for me. But it had more wrong with it than right. I give it higher points on my scale though because it had BT and Karazhan which I consider to be the best raids of all time.

Nothing came out of MoP that was memorable to me. A totally forgettable expansion and weak story.

Avoiding getting into game mechanic nitpicks along the way, I'd say that TBC would probably get my vote, even though I wasn't around for it. In retrospect it was one of the most imaginative and ambitious expansions they've come up with.

Wrath was certainly the most cohesive, and probably the most iconic.

BC over Wrath and the rest are junk.

Wrath was where leveling was destroyed because they inflated everyone's hitpoints so it felt like you were in one of those sumo wrestler outfits bouncing off of things that couldn't kill you. Wrath also had pathetically easy 5 man dungeons.

Burning Crusade's major issue was the raid system with attunements encouraged guild poaching. There were ways to fix guild poaching tho:

1. Award a bonus if you cleared all raids (for the first time) with the same guild.
    2. If you switch guilds you incur some type of raid cooldown that prevents you from immediately hopping into raids with the new guild. Maybe you cannot enter raids for 3-4 weeks. It would have to be large enough to be painful and discourage guild hopping.
    3. Every tier you clear with the same guild grants a bonus of some kind that stacks with every tier you clear.
    4. Maybe a special mount and title is awarded if you clear all 9 raids with the same guild (again, first time clear on toon).
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath will win, with the Burning Crusade second and followed by Mists.

Warlords will be last.

This has been done hundreds of times before, so I suspect the only change now is that Warlords will perform the miracle of getting less votes than it did previously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Regardless of "favorite expansion" or not, TBC was the best expansion hands down, verified by 11 million subs.
    You seem to be purposefully omitting many concepts in your assertion but whatever, it's not even on-topic.

Edit: VVV I'd say it's because I don't post much but forums will be forums
    Last edited by EventHorizon; 2016-04-14 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    You seem to be purposefully omitting many concepts in your assertion but whatever, it's not even on-topic.
    Did you expect any less?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Much like how Bieber was the best musician a few years ago, verified by the number one place on YouTube's most watched.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Because MoP I didn't like. The stories in the zones weren't good. The farm thing was bad. The new class and race introduced I didn't like at all. It had some cool things like Lorewalkers and Flexible raiding, but overall the main parts of the expansion - the dungeons, the zones, the questing and the raiding were all some of the worst ever.

Cata T11 and T12 were some of the best raiding experiences ever and their dungeons were really well done. Plus the lore of Cata I liked. Bringing in the Wildhammer and Twilight cult in the Highlands, the Tol'vir in Uldum, some Old God stuff, Vashjir was incredible - albeit annoying as hell to quest through.

Plus it brought Goblins and Worgen which are both much better than Pandaren. I dunno, it is subjective, but Cataclysm I will always consider to be better than MoP. And I always have. I have way more time played in Cata than I ever did in MoP.

BC isn't that great imo. The zones/questing/lore part of it was really scattered and weak. Some of the dungeons were cool, but it was the raiding and PVP that carried that expansion for me. But it had more wrong with it than right. I give it higher points on my scale though because it had BT and Karazhan which I consider to be the best raids of all time.

Nothing came out of MoP that was memorable to me. A totally forgettable expansion and weak story.
    MoP has a weak story but Cata has good lore? LOL

Glad to see a bit of love for Cata here...

My top xpac has to be BC, with Cata a close second. I'm biased because I did SO MUCH in Cata, with heroic raiding and Dragonwrath on my shammy, but I honestly didn't understand the hate for it. That xpac completely revamped the entire questing system in Kalimdor/EK, making leveling alts incredibly addicting.

I also was a huge fan of the Rag fight on heroic. Very well done encounter IMO...
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

WotLK, hands down. I love the goofiness of Paladin healing at the time, and Ulduar is without a doubt my favourite raid.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Burning Crusade - and WoTLK being second.

Vanilla - 40 man raids felt epic, and the game was fresh. 25man and lowers never felt the same.

MoP, hands down. Experienced WOTLK, but didn't see exactly what this game can be when its at its best until MoP. 5.2 forever!

TBC was great.

I thought Wrath started out good (I never raided Naxx in vanilla) and was a decent expansion except for LFD ... which, because of that feature, we also saw easier 5-man dungeons. This was the beginning of the end, so points deducted.

Don't we have 100+ threads asking the same question?

7+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla, but WLK close up to it, also because WLK ad Grown on 3 expansions and had many new cool stuff on many of World of Warcrafts aspects.

Also, LEGION WILL BE AMAZING, since it has grown on many passed expansions. (I AM SO HYPED FOR IT...)

But I think Vanilla was best (Yes it was full of Inbalance and bugs) but listen:

1. it had a good level range 1-60 in which it took you MONTHS to reach max level, so when you reached max level you really felt it as an accomplishment, I Enjoyed each and every level on a multitude of characters, I even stoped at low level and just traveled "ON FOOT" around in the world, since Learning how to ride a Groud mount and to even buy a mount was a lot of gold, which I dont had.

2. The World was Immersive and Challenging, because of this, many players grouped up, talked and faced thing together, (hey I still remember, meeting my Rogue friend in Tirifal Glades, and we just satt by the fireplace inside the tavern to talk... just enjoying the envirement.
    (The CHALLENGING outdoor World made it so that players took more breakes and took there time to talk with other how to overcome group quests and hard mobs)

.... The Sons of Arugal in Silverpine forest would 3 hit you since they where an over leveled elite worgen going around in the woods... it was amazing how dangerous the world was... you aslo needed to find out a strategy how to get into HUGE crowded structures (since you are 1 guy you should be pushed to think twice before entering a huge crowed tructre), "this is what a real MMORPG should be like... (why do you guys think everyone talk about DARK SOULS...... SINCE ITS HARD, aka Challenging)

3. Also the Professions had there Quests and Reputation factions, with there unic recepie reward quests, where you had to collect mats and make items to get the quest done.

4. Making us RUN to the DUNGEON, RAID AND BATTLEGROUND entrances, you knew where things where placed in the would, so it felt like a WORLD.... (I am not saying that LFG should be removed, but REMOVE the teleporting strait inside the dungeon....)

5. Altarec Mountain Battleground... was EPIC.... the fight could go on for an entire day, and if you wasn`t a huge pvper like I, you could stay in the back lines and help out with PVE quets that helped your faction... "this is not NOSTALGIA" it was amazing since it gave each an everyone player a choise where to be in a battleground and what role to fill (since lets be Honest not everyone want to be HERCULES).

6. there was no flying mount and you did not get a Ground mount before level 40 so the world felt huge and so biiiiiiig... (yes, sometime it was annoing to run... but it gave you a sence of HUGENESS to the world around you, which is very important in an MMORPG)

7. There was no STATIC PORTALS IN OUR CAPITOL CITYS........ so if you wanted to TRAVEL, you had to TRAVEL fysicaly.... (or Bribe a mage, but this is good since it will promote player interaction) so you had to "RUN/RIDE or take a BOAT/Zeppelin or Flight path. but it gave you a sence of travel and again, gave a sence of HUGENESS to the WORLD of Warcraft.

This is just how my experiance felt, I am a person who treasure the little and small things, because it is those who makes the big things Really count.

PS: Leagion will be so great and the best Expansion since many of these points will be focused on in it. "THANKS BLIZZ" ^^

PSS: I do Love BLIZZARD with all my heart, so I have never been on Nos... or a private server, and as the World of warcraft has become it as grown so much and become an amazing game for many player and play styles (I am one of the biggest wow supporter, so please dont mistake me with a Nostalgic/Vanilla Fanboy (just to makes things clear from the beginning).
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2016-04-14 at 08:11 PM.

to me its between tbc, wrath and cata.. and its really close, but i gave an edge to cata..

if cata is 100% then wrath is like 99% and tbc is 98.9%.. after that it drops significantly.. cata was the last expansion i really liked and enjoyed playing.. MoP was a good expansion but not the same feelings.. its like 60% and WoD is like 15% if im very generous..