Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    dont like it tbh farming stacks was a core part of monk why would they remove it
    It was a restrictive part.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    No tab targeting is necessary unless you would like to do.
    As I understand it, SCK, our primary aoe, gets bonus damage from tab targeting, no?

It takes a BIG pack before the tab target becomes an issue. 5 ti 8 is basically automatic.

Deleted
    No matter what they do with SEF, I hate that ability with a passion. I wish they'd just remove it and make blackout kick a cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    No matter what they do with SEF, I hate that ability with a passion. I wish they'd just remove it and make blackout kick a cleave.
    This instance of SEF is basicly the next best thing, right? You don't even have to care about the spell, it's a dps cooldown now.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    dont like it tbh farming stacks was a core part of monk why would they remove it
    Core part or not, it was shit.

Others have already finished their cooldown bursting while monks are still building stacks... That's horrible

I feel so lucky right now, monks feel like the class I should've always been playing... and now they even revamp the two things I hate the most about the class, TeB building and SEF.
    Last edited by Tripax; 2016-04-14 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    So alpha is live now right with new build, sooo who is streaming/making video's with gameplay of the new ww monk? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    As I understand it, SCK, our primary aoe, gets bonus damage from tab targeting, no?
    I thought you were talking about SEF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacheng View Post
    So alpha is live now right with new build, sooo who is streaming/making video's with gameplay of the new ww monk? :P
    There are a few bugs right now, in that SCK is not costing any chi or energy. Also the increased damage APPEARS to be consumed upon SCK but i could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Future change where SEF will replace TEB is kinda interesting and I don't hate it, but the loss of base cleave is kinda lame.

SCK with current SEF is decently fun, but when SEF isn't up I don't feel like it's worth using at all. The tab dotting just isn't fun, nor does it seem particularly effective for the effort.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did they revert the FoF buff (full damage to secondary targets)? That's at least SOME cleaving. And maybe if they tune Rushing Jade Wind, which AFAIK does not replace SCK anymore, properly it may become a decent cleave option. But long-distance cleave is definitely long gone.

Regarding SEF: I really like the current iteration. Losing TEB isn't really that bad IMHO. What made it unique (the stacking) was problematic and gone anyway.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    Did they revert the FoF buff (full damage to secondary targets)? That's at least SOME cleaving. And maybe if they tune Rushing Jade Wind, which AFAIK does not replace SCK anymore, properly it may become a decent cleave option. But long-distance cleave is definitely long gone.

Regarding SEF: I really like the current iteration. Losing TEB isn't really that bad IMHO. What made it unique (the stacking) was problematic and gone anyway.
    They didnt mention any reverting of the FoF change, so they are very unlikely to have done so. Long distance cleave is such a small percentage of fights that it will be almost unnoticeable.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    It takes a BIG pack before the tab target becomes an issue. 5 ti 8 is basically automatic.
    This is only true if you're using SEF, but isn't it still a 90 second cooldown? Meaning that the majority of SCK's will be done without clones, hence you will want to tab target for any bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Only when SEF is active. Since it's a cool down, this will not likely be happening most pulls, certainly not for trash where you don't wanna waste it.

SCK stacking thing is always on: Do not want, i don't really like tab targeting as a melee, plus having to tab target to get the buff when you really just want to go ham on imps is awful. It's ok though, not something that I'm fond of but i can suck it up

Tigereye Brew has been removed.
    Storm, Earth, and Fire has been revised again, in order to fill Tigereye Brew’s purpose:
    Each spirit does 45% of normal damage, for a net gain of 35% damage.
    It has 2 charges.
    It no longer increases Spinning Crane Kick damage.
    The spirits will no longer attack CC’d targets.
    While SEF is active, the button can be reactivated to direct your spirits to focus their attacks only on the selected target.
    Serenity now replaces Storm, Earth, and Fire, instead of Tigereye Brew.
    do want, take my money and put this in
    it frees us from pretty much all brews we had, I like that, and also gives SEF the spotlight it deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    This is only true if you're using SEF, but isn't it still a 90 second cooldown? Meaning that the majority of SCK's will be done without clones, hence you will want to tab target for any bonus.
    Nothing mentioned about that on the blue post, but it probably isn't 90s anymore since TeB has less CD than that. In fact, I think that, if it is 90s cd, it's a weaker CD than TeB at ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    They didnt mention any reverting of the FoF change, so they are very unlikely to have done so. Long distance cleave is such a small percentage of fights that it will be almost unnoticeable.
    Datamined beta strings seem to indicate FoF is staying full AoE damage. Illo dicto, long-distance cleave was fairly common in WOD; every raid had at least one fight, sometimes more than one.

Highmaul: Tectus, Twin Ogron, Imperator Mar'gok (transitions)

Blackrock Foundry: Blast Furnace, Hanzgar and Franzok, Flamebender Ka'graz, Operator Thogar, Iron Maidens, Blackhand

Hellfire Citadel: Assault, Council, Gorefiend, Iskar, Xhul'horac, Velhari, Archimonde

As a caveat, I did include fights where nominally things should be stacked up (such as Thogar, Maidens, Velhari), but in an imperfect world sometimes that add isn't quite in melee range. I'm especially worried since Blizzard is such a huge fan of clusterfuck Council-style fights.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

So, what's the datemined Cyclone Strikes? I prefer that name over Spinning Crane Kick.

And the SEF will have a 90 second recharge time, two charges. It's in the blue post.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    So, what's the datemined Cyclone Strikes? I prefer that name over Spinning Crane Kick.
    The optimist part of me is hoping that SCK is getting a new animation.
    @Thread: The new SEF is OK...tab-targeting still not fun.

Well, tab targeting will still be a thing. Ugh, I'm gonna hate it; I don't get their fetish for tab target spam playstyles.

Feral druids hated having to tab target spam Rake to AoE, and now they took that same controversial crap to monks. I just don't want to use my chi spenders on different mobs just so I can AoE properly; there are many scenarios where I want to prioritize damage on an add and aoe on it while cleaving to others.

I just hope they put a cap on it of like hitting 3 different adds for the maximum damage so it doesn't become utterly obnoxious trying to maximize AoE.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-04-14 at 07:28 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Datamined beta strings seem to indicate FoF is staying full AoE damage. Illo dicto, long-distance cleave was fairly common in WOD; every raid had at least one fight, sometimes more than one.

Highmaul: Tectus, Twin Ogron, Imperator Mar'gok (transitions)

Blackrock Foundry: Blast Furnace, Hanzgar and Franzok, Flamebender Ka'graz, Operator Thogar, Iron Maidens, Blackhand

Hellfire Citadel: Assault, Council, Gorefiend, Iskar, Xhul'horac, Velhari, Archimonde

As a caveat, I did include fights where nominally things should be stacked up (such as Thogar, Maidens, Velhari), but in an imperfect world sometimes that add isn't quite in melee range. I'm especially worried since Blizzard is such a huge fan of clusterfuck Council-style fights.
    Most of these fights had targets stacked up nearly 100% of the time. Some had brief moments of the targets going to distance; Twins were generally stacked except whirlwinds, Maidens were stacked with one (Sorka?) being pulled away regularly, Council has 2 stacked and 1 away. Only Imperator transitions, Blackhand P2, maybe Council, Gorefiend if you needed to attack small adds out of the stomach, and Assault if you tried to do both sides would have consistent long range cleave targets.

We don't currently know how far the SEF clones can travel or will maintain in Legion.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post

And the SEF will have a 90 second recharge time, two charges. It's in the blue post.
    If I read it correctly it is supposed to be a new ability (don't know if baseline or talent).