Question Why havent 'we' or Blizzard done with anything with Tempest Keep.

I mean, why haven't the Horde or the Alliance or both secured it for future use? Shouldn't the Draenei and Naaru want it back. Wouldnt Theron want to secure it for the Belves and Horde. Surely the Aldor would want it. The scryers as well. So why no interest in gaining it. Not like we blow it up or anything.

Also wouldnt it be cool to have shown up at Broken Shore. *Boom* Dalaran ports in, then Acherus, the Exodar, then Naxx, then *Blam*, the rest of Tempest Keep.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I assume it's being saved for an eventual assault on some Legion homeworld. Or at least I hope so. Would have made a great capital for Legion though, it is a fortress after all.

I'm pretty sure Tempest Keep was partially disassembled by Kael'thas with the help of Ethereals, to build the Manaforges. So I doubt it is very functional right now. The Satellites are probably fully functional.

The Exodar is apparently flight-capable now, and has been for a while.

Deleted
    Didn't it take Velen a few hundred years to crash the Exodar on Azeroth?

EDIT:
    Apparently not.
    WoD made that story very confusing.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-04-14 at 07:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I'm pretty sure Tempest Keep was partially disassembled by Kael'thas with the help of Ethereals, to build the Manaforges. So I doubt it is very functional right now. The Satellites are probably fully functional.

The Exodar is apparently flight-capable now, and has been for a while.
    While true, weren’t the forges built to harvest mana into the tempest keep so Kael’thas could provide his bloodelves with a new source of energy? So he must’ve planned to move it to Quel’thalas at some point?

I’m sticking with the tempest keep was severely damaged during the Kael’thas encounter especially during the explosions and the gravity lapse – after all the main room’s walls and roof collapsed. It’s possible that it crashed into the twisting nether at some point afterwards along with its satellites, but being several instances that couldn’t be reflected ingame.

Cuz Tempest Keep was merely a setback

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    While true, weren’t the forges built to harvest mana into the tempest keep so Kael’thas could provide his bloodelves with a new source of energy? So he must’ve planned to move it to Quel’thalas at some point?

I’m sticking with the tempest keep was severely damaged during the Kael’thas encounter especially during the explosions and the gravity lapse – after all the main room’s walls and roof collapsed. It’s possible that it crashed into the twisting nether at some point afterwards along with its satellites, but being several instances that couldn’t be reflected ingame.
    According to the Wiki, Ethereal smugglers were in fact smuggling Mana Cells from TK to Isle of Quel'danas in large volumes.

10+ Year Old Account

That's what I think too. Kael goes batshit crazy, the entire thing crumbles from the inside, there's massive amounts of energy in the air, I'm sure that the place was pretty much wrecked in the encounter, we just didn't see it because they had no way of showing us at the time with their relatively primitive art assets and whatnot.

Sometimes I wish Blizzard would go back and make short cinematics for every raid endboss, like we have now. There are a lot of old encounters that end in ways that could be left open to interpretation and its up to the player to go to alternate sources to find out what really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    That's what I think too. Kael goes batshit crazy, the entire thing crumbles from the inside, there's massive amounts of energy in the air, I'm sure that the place was pretty much wrecked in the encounter, we just didn't see it because they had no way of showing us at the time with their relatively primitive art assets and whatnot.

Sometimes I wish Blizzard would go back and make short cinematics for every raid endboss, like we have now. There are a lot of old encounters that end in ways that could be left open to interpretation and its up to the player to go to alternate sources to find out what really happened.
    Can't be worse off than the Exodar which crashed into a planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Can't be worse off than the Exodar which crashed into a planet.
    It can. TK was floating above nothing/nether. If it crashed it would’ve disappeared into nothing/nether and not onto ground where it could be repaired.

Was Exodar and Tempest Keep in WoD flying around somewhere?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Was Exodar and Tempest Keep in WoD flying around somewhere?
    Nope. The TK didn't appear until Draenor changed to Outland in MU. Additionally Farahlon (which later changed to Netherstorm) sadly wasn't available ingame

Though there are some references, like the shrines in Shadowmoon Valley offer the blessing of A'dal (who came with the TK to our Outland).

Deleted
    Nope. The TK didn't appear until Draenor changed to Outland in MU. Additionally Farahlon (which later changed to Netherstorm) sadly wasn't available ingame

Though there are some references, like the shrines in Shadowmoon Valley offer the blessing of A'dal (who came with the TK to our Outland).
    Actually, the Tempest Keep arrived BEFORE the destruction of Draenor. Unless I'm mistaken, the Naaru arrived when the Orcs started the exterminatio of the Draenei, so that'd mean before the First War. That is, of course, if I'm not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Braktixx View Post
    Actually, the Tempest Keep arrived BEFORE the destruction of Draenor. Unless I'm mistaken, the Naaru arrived when the Orcs started the exterminatio of the Draenei, so that'd mean before the First War. That is, of course, if I'm not wrong.
    The Naaru came after the planet had been blown up, Khadgar contacts them while playing around with his magic and then they make their way to Outland.