Poll: World Quest, Do you like this IDEA?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    That problem only exists from lfr though making all other content but raiding irrelevant.

Call me cynical but I expect the people who whine that raiding is the only thing that gives "good' gear will be some of the very first to either quit from getting gear and/or complain gear isn't dropping fast enough.
    If you can get LFR gear from dungeons or world quests and not LFR, how does it make it irrelevant?

The raid loot is interesting. If there is actual challenging non-raid content, then sure, why not. I'm not a fan of the idea of a chance to drop the best loot from a minimal effort quest, and it does sound like there will be a chance of that (albeit a lower one). I'm not a committed enough raider for it to bother me, but a lot of people will of course hate that. I'd be inclined to say restrict it to only challenging content. Maybe allow small amounts of currency to drop from the lower end quests enabling non-raiders to get better gear over a longer period of time if they really want that? Allows the non-raiders to get their gear, and raiders have no right to complain as the time investment required will mean they should be geared way before they could get anything from the content they're being "forced" into.

I'ts strange though. People complain that there's nothing to do in game, but if the stuff to do has no real reward, then nobody will do it anyway. But if they put a reward that people actually want, people complain that they're being forced to do things. Everyone just likes complaining I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If you can get LFR gear from dungeons or world quests and not LFR, how does it make it irrelevant?
    My point being people who chased the white whale of free BiS gear from easy content have never in the past been happy with what they have gotten before and I doubt they will be happy with this. All it will take is one person getting a lucky proc in a "casual" guild and the forum will be lite up like a christmas tree bitching about how they didn't get gear as good.

We have seen this again and again. I can see this system doing more harm then good due to have rewarding it is. The community of wow currently is best summed up by a tire fire. You can try to stop the toxicity and them hating each other by giving them equal gear or making classes easier but a wise man knows that will just make it worse.

Its best to stay the course and let it burn itself out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    The raid loot is interesting. If there is actual challenging non-raid content, then sure, why not. I'm not a fan of the idea of a chance to drop the best loot from a minimal effort quest, and it does sound like there will be a chance of that (albeit a lower one). I'm not a committed enough raider for it to bother me, but a lot of people will of course hate that. I'd be inclined to say restrict it to only challenging content. Maybe allow small amounts of currency to drop from the lower end quests enabling non-raiders to get better gear over a longer period of time if they really want that? Allows the non-raiders to get their gear, and raiders have no right to complain as the time investment required will mean they should be geared way before they could get anything from the content they're being "forced" into.

I'ts strange though. People complain that there's nothing to do in game, but if the stuff to do has no real reward, then nobody will do it anyway. But if they put a reward that people actually want, people complain that they're being forced to do things. Everyone just likes complaining I guess.
    This more or less sums it up. Remember WoD had more content for casual players then any expac before it. From rares,treasure hunting, dailies, garrisons, invasions,weekly story quests, and more. What happened the second lfr came out and offered better rewards for only a tiny amount of effort?

They didn't just stop doing the other content they actually claimed it never existed. I have a feeling that crowd will turn this idea of anything can drop anything into a really nasty experience.

This would only work if every zone had a capital city in it.

So...i'm looking through http://beta.wowdb.com/quests?filter-build=21414 and i ask myself:"If we get World Quests at Level 110, why the fuck so many of them give EXP-Rewards?"

Can someone explain this to me?

Edit: Silly me...seems like these are mixed together with regular quests from Suramar, etc. I thought all of them are World Quests.

And to say something to the topic too: I really like the idea, but i think it will be hard for the devs to balance out the rewards to be relevant over a long periode of time.
    Last edited by Aradur; 2016-04-14 at 06:31 PM.

Just watched Mythic raiders wipe to a world quest, grouped with other people (5-man objective).

It's already better than WoD endgame world shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I would like to see is long, epic quest chains added every couple of months for endgame questing. Like, there's this little village somewhere in Azeroth where people have been going missing. So you must investigate and see where they have gone to and what is going on. Or there's this bamf paladin killing off men and women of the light for some reason, so you have to face him to see why he's doing this. Could add interesting twists and such.

It would be a great way to revisit old zones that I probably haven't set foot in in years. Also a great way to touch up on Warcraft's vast lore. The lore in the Warcraft universe goes beyond demons and orcs and shit.

But this is a step in the right direction I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Just watched Mythic raiders wipe to a world quest, grouped with other people (5-man objective).

It's already better than WoD endgame world shit.
    Do you have a link?
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2016-04-14 at 06:38 PM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    What I would like to see is long, epic quest chains added every couple of months for endgame questing. Like, there's this little village somewhere in Azeroth where people have been going missing. So you must investigate and see where they have gone to and what is going on. Or there's this bamf paladin killing off men and women of the light for some reason, so you have to face him to see why he's doing this. Could add interesting twists and such.

It would be a great way to revisit old zones that I probably haven't set foot in in years. Also a great way to touch up on Warcraft's vast lore. The lore in the Warcraft universe goes beyond demons and orcs and shit.

But this is a step in the right direction I guess.

Do you have a link?
    No, it happened on the Alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No, it happened on the Alpha.
    Ah ok

What are the world quests like as of right now? Just simple, kill x boss, complete y objective or are there story lines attached to them?

Deleted
    Ah ok

What are the world quests like as of right now? Just simple, kill x boss, complete y objective or are there story lines attached to them?
    I haven't seem a story line one yet. Haven't seen anything close to wiping us either though but we are using a dungeon comp of 1 tank 1 healer 3 dps.

So far they feel like dailies collect X kill Y. A few feel like a outdoor dungeon boss though.

These are just a pool of daily quests. How can people like that it's beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seem a story line one yet. Haven't seen anything close to wiping us either though but we are using a dungeon comp of 1 tank 1 healer 3 dps.

So far they feel like dailies collect X kill Y. A few feel like a outdoor dungeon boss though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    These are just a pool of daily quests. How can people like that it's beyond me.
    That's pretty disappointing. Cheaping out on a potentially great thing. Business as usual over at Blizz HQ.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2016-04-14 at 08:04 PM.

That's pretty disappointing. Cheaping out on a potentially great thing. Business as usual over at Blizz HQ.
    Don't really know what you would expect. They are called World Quests. You are doing quests in the world, they haven't been presented as anything but that. The only thing they have said that is different about them as oppose to regular dailies is that they alternate often, are available all across the continent, reward you with things that is useful no matter your gear level (artifact power I would assume), and the dailies stack up to 3 days, so you don't have to do them every single day.

Edit: Oh, and there are profession and PVP objectives.
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2016-04-14 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Don't really know what you would expect. They are called World Quests. You are doing quests in the world, they haven't been presented as anything but that. The only thing they have said that is different about them as oppose to regular dailies is that they alternate often, are available all across the continent, reward you with things that is useful no matter your gear level (artifact power I would assume), and the dailies stack up to 3 days, so you don't have to do them every single day.

Edit: Oh, and there are profession and PVP objectives.
    I was expecting quests...?

Not just; kill this or gather that. I want some real end game quests with 2deep4me, silly, or fun storylines. Or all 3 combined. Glorified dailies, while somewhat entertaining, is not what I think of when someone mentions world quests. This is just more of the same shit presented in a different way.

Apexis bonus dailies reskinned. At least there is some choices...oh wait you chose which apexis main daily to do in Tanaan then you did the bonus areas.....

Any good videos of world quests from someone non-biased?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Just watched the Bellular video and I like what I see so far. There's plenty of variety when it comes to the quests (solo, group, raid group, dungeon, PvP and profession). Just curious to see what their longevity is. Apexis dailies in WoD ceased to be relevant after getting enough of them for the legendary questline.

This more or less sums it up. Remember WoD had more content for casual players then any expac before it. From rares,treasure hunting, dailies, garrisons, invasions,weekly story quests, and more. What happened the second lfr came out and offered better rewards for only a tiny amount of effort?
    Everything you listed had a counterpart in MoP and the WoD version was almost universally worse.

Rares were handled better in MoP, where they all had special item that they might drop. Treasures were much more rewarding in MoP. Trash items vendored for a nice amount of gold and any equipment you found was BoA. When it comes to rares and treasures WoD just had quantity, but very little quality. The majority are pre-level 100 and are always there.

WoD launch had the worst iteration of dailies ever. The worst rewards, no reputation and you could only do one area. Technically some other areas randomly had bonus objectives but you didn't know which ones. They did improve on it substantially with Tanaan, but the zone isn't exactly a masterpiece.

The garrison is a much bigger piece of content than the farm, but how it's implemented made it far worse. Personally it was alright when the expansion was fresh. Building it up for the first time, barely scraping by with my resources. But the novelty wore off very fast as I started to level my alts. That only got worse after Blizzard had a brainfart and created the treasure hunter trait. I can't even imagine what they were thinking to design something like that.
    For what I consider casuals it didn't turn out any better. Initially the garrison is a huge gold sink and it's only rewarding if you know what to do with it. Without guides or AddOns it's not very intuitive to make gold with garrisons.

Invasions are "glorified" scenarios yet are somehow even more boring. They could have had a lot of potential, but they've been poorly designed in every aspect. Triggering one is obscure and a downright awful experience. The enemies that attack you often have no resemblance to the area that you triggered it in and in some cases they just assigned the wrong goddamn faction. The battles themselves are boring. Their reward structure is awful. The gear was okay before Highmaul was released, but 100% RNG. The mounts were copy-paste versions of other (more easily) obtainable mounts. The boss-summoning items have completely eluded me so far. What you're left with are pitiful amounts of gold, apexis and resources.
    I wouldn't even consider invasions to be content designed for casuals. Triggering them involves either some know-how (which areas trigger which invasions) or just brute forcing them by killing hundreds of mobs. Because the enemy faction reputation decays over time, it's entirely possible for someone to not even see any invasion other than the tutorial one you get while leveling. And that tutorial doesn't exactly motivate people to get new ones.

The garrison campaign was good, though it felt very disjointed to me. Something like the 5.1 Landfall questline made a lot more sense to me story-wise. But I did like how the quests from the garrison campaign came weekly. I've done at least a few of them on most of my characters. Whereas my alts just did enough questing to unlock the daily area of 5.1 and completely skipped the questline.

Not sure what else you could consider casual content that wasn't present in previous expansions.
    Last edited by Delaios; 2016-04-15 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    Blizzard told us, everything will be different with Legion. But are they going to stick to that promise? In special, if we just had to experience the reimplementation of Garrisons without a lot of changes implemented into the system?

Well, my impression is that Legion is going to add a lot new labels to old ideas. And that many components just link to existing traditional content as like Quests, Raids and Dungeons once again. Infact, blizzard adds a lot of breadcrumb links to their garrison table.

World quests just seem to be the same as the known event regions from WoD, just with a new name, and better extrinsic rewards. Also, i would not wonder if they reuse the quest content from the levelup experience. Infact, the world quests send you to existent assets to do generic quest content which gives good extrinsic rewards, while the level of intrinsic rewards still has to be experienced.

The PVP remake with honor as a skill tree just means to take away the best PVP gear from matchmade players, as the gear is being moved to strongboxes, and the best gear only drops from organized gameplay. The difference from gear will be as big as nowadays once engaged raiders have played the third tier and fight against new level 110 character with 100 item levels below. As i dont think that blizzard is going to change the ilvl inflation, there is no defacto change to protect the pvp players wish to be competetive in PVP without the need to gear up. Additionally, PVE gear will become nearly as powerful as dedicated PVP gear. Additionally, you wont be able to fill epic gaps with PVP anymore, which will take away a lot of incentive to play PVP from the majority of the players that tend to play both PVP and PVE with a focus on PVE.

The artefact weapon just is a traditional talent tree, whichs leveling is extremely time consuming and replaces the legendary quest line.

The class quests are no new idea, but just quests based on the class story, while it is not known yet if blizzard is going to extend it beyond the initial story told. In WoD, blizzard did not continue to add meaningful content to anything else than grind regions and raids, so i believe they will do the same in Legion.

Dungeon challenge modes are being made for organized groups only, and will therefore never be more successfull than normal raids. Also, the idea to keep them challenging gives blizzard card blanche to not add new dungeons throughout the expac anymore, as they didnt do since MoP. At the end, the implementation of this system is just about development effort reduction, as like nearly every single system change in the last three expacs.

Blizzard focuses, again, on developer convenience, and not on player wishes in their new expac. They give existent components new labels, instead of actually adding new ideas for the game components they wish to introduce for endgame. Blizzard still will put their main effort into raids in the upcoming patches, which will be the only component to receive a massive amount of new assets and boss mechanics, while the open world will be the same gameplay as we already played in WoD, just with new great sounding labels like “World quests” and “mythic+ dungeons”.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-16 at 07:30 AM.

I like the variety both in terms of content, and the duration's meaning we aren't limited to a pre-determined narrow selection every day.
    If you don't like the old daily quest format, then you have alternative objectives such as PvP which can get you the same results.
    You can do a lot more objectives per with less of the daily quest gating, or do very few per day completely optionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    At this point? What they reward and how long they take will determine if they are a good feature or not. I like the idea in principle, but if it's not going to reward me for the time spent, I might as well have run a dungeon, no?

It really comes down to execution. They have it down in writing, lets see if it actually works.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.