is it still feasible to get into this game now?

I played for a couple months, and got up until the first expansion. Is it too late to get back into?

When the game is split into two modes (Wild & Standard) it will be easier to get into the game if you go the standard route. However, if you want to get into what will be called "Wild" then it will be too late to get into the game if you're not looking to spend money & you want to do as well as other players with the best decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    When the game is split into two modes (Wild & Standard) it will be easier to get into the game if you go the standard route. However, if you want to get into what will be called "Wild" then it will be too late to get into the game if you're not looking to spend money & you want to do as well as other players with the best decks.
    When is the standard mode coming? I thought there was a casual too? Anyway, I'm willing to invest in the expansions, I have money for that. I don't necessarily want to be buying packs over and over, that to me isn't a great investment. Couldn't I eventually get a decent deck by playing a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Congratulations, you are now competitive.
    Well, like i said earlier. I don't want to be forking out more and more for packs for cards i would need. Could I not just get the expansion, earn some packs and gradually be decently competitive. I certainly do not care about being great, or tournament caliber.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Well, like i said earlier. I don't want to be forking out more and more for packs for cards i would need. Could I not just get the expansion, earn some packs and gradually be decently competitive. I certainly do not care about being great, or tournament caliber.
    This has always been possible and it will continue so after the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    This has always been possible and it will continue so after the next expansion.
    Am I the only Yankee here? That's cool. Anyway, that's good to know, the last expansion I got was the naxxaramas, and I stopped playing shortly after that. What am I looking to be forking out for the other expansions?

I just started back. When I just played last Naxx just came out. I've spent zero money on the game. I seem to win more than I loose. When I do run into the person that seems to have spend their life savings on the game I loose but I tend to expect that. But I also tend to just concede when I play someone and they have 5 minions on the board after turn 2 and they are all some asinine number of attack and health. Just don't sweat those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to give some perspective I've been a free-to-play player for a year and a half, I've done the dailies every single day and pushed a little harder when expansions come out. I'd say I have less than half the cards in dusts worth and I'm still short of many major legendaries and epics necessary for some decks.

For example, control Warrior is a distant dream so is Freeze Mage, Aggro Shaman and most Rogue decks. However I can make a lot of strong decks with enough variety to play around the meta.

Deleted
    Am I the only Yankee here? That's cool. Anyway, that's good to know, the last expansion I got was the naxxaramas, and I stopped playing shortly after that. What am I looking to be forking out for the other expansions?
    It really depends on the Old Gods expansion, and whether or not you'll want to focus on wild or standard. If standard is your thing, you cannot use Naxx or GvG cards anymore. On top of that the word is that Blizzard will be making changes to something like 12 classic cards. So what expansions and cards to focus on is really unclear at this point because the game will change drastically, at least as far as standard is concerned.

Can someone possibly help me a bit. I'm reading there's been 2 expansions since Naxx, and an adventure. Should I be going for these? Also the goblins vs gnomes thing. What should I prioritize? and when I do get those expansion. How do I get all the cards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone possibly help me a bit. I'm reading there's been 2 expansions since Naxx, and an adventure. Should I be going for these? Also the goblins vs gnomes thing. What should I prioritize? and when I do get those expansion. How do I get all the cards?
    There are currently a few adventures and a few expansions:

Naxx = 1st Adventure (to be phased out soon)
    GvG (Goblin vs Gnomes) = 1st Expansion (to be phased out soon)
    BRM (Blackrock Mountain) = 2nd Adventure
    TGT (The Grand Tournament) = 2nd Expansion
    LoE (League of Explorers) = 3rd Adventure
    Old Gods = 3rd Expansion

Those that are labeled to be phased out means that they will NOT be playable on Standard but will be available on Wild.

It all boils down to what you're going to be playing. Personally, I'm going to stick to Wild until the Meta for Standard settles down a bit then take it from there.

Deleted
    When is the standard mode coming? I thought there was a casual too? Anyway, I'm willing to invest in the expansions, I have money for that. I don't necessarily want to be buying packs over and over, that to me isn't a great investment. Couldn't I eventually get a decent deck by playing a bit?
    There will be cheap decks you can make within 2-3 weeks of playing daily. You won't be able to create any of the dust-heavy control type decks though. But if you're OK playing a Zoo Lock / Face Hunter deck than you're absolutely fine.

Best bet is to just save that gold for arena passes, hop in and farm gold / packs at the same time. Once you hit 500 gold, just buy enough packs to leave with you an arena pass and repeat. It's a tough grind but it's doable

Sadly Hearthstone is a bigger financial commitment than people like to believe though If you're a new player, trying to save gold for the cards you need + the gold for unlocking wings + buying new packs if next to impossible if you don't hit gold cap every day, even then... You're best of buying wings for expansions with real life money, then saving your gold for actual packs.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    There will be cheap decks you can make within 2-3 weeks of playing daily. You won't be able to create any of the dust-heavy control type decks though. But if you're OK playing a Zoo Lock / Face Hunter deck than you're absolutely fine.

Best bet is to just save that gold for arena passes, hop in and farm gold / packs at the same time. Once you hit 500 gold, just buy enough packs to leave with you an arena pass and repeat. It's a tough grind but it's doable

Sadly Hearthstone is a bigger financial commitment than people like to believe though If you're a new player, trying to save gold for the cards you need + the gold for unlocking wings + buying new packs if next to impossible if you don't hit gold cap every day, even then... You're best of buying wings for expansions with real life money, then saving your gold for actual packs.
    I have no problem spending money on the expansions, It's just I'm not sure which one to even buy. All of them? The adventures I undertand are single player games where you earn cards, but should I just get the 50 dollar god's pre-order? Or use the money somewhere else? Say if 100 dollars is my budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem spending money on the expansions, It's just I'm not sure which one to even buy. All of them? The adventures I undertand are single player games where you earn cards, but should I just get the 50 dollar god's pre-order? Or use the money somewhere else? Say if 100 dollars is my budget.
    LoE has a few solid cards, nothing ground breaking (unless you play Secret Paladin. Mysterious Challenger is OP as fuck)
    Old Gods is looking out to be rather solid.
    I would, personally, buy BRM and LoE adventures which would be 50 bucks for both.
    Spend 20 on Classic for 15 packs, 10 on TGT for 7 packs and 20 on Old Gods for 15 when it comes out.
    Last edited by Colmadero; 2016-04-15 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    LoE has a few solid cards, nothing ground breaking (unless you play Secret Paladin. Mysterious Challenger is OP as fuck)
    I would, personally, buy BRM and LoE adventures which would be 50 bucks for both.
    Spend 20 on Classic for 15 packs, 10 on TGT for 7 packs and 20 on Old Gods for 15 when it comes out.
    I have a lot of classic, but 20 wouldn't be bad either. I like that list, accept I think I'll go for the 50 old gods, or whatever version has the bonus car designs. If I get dupes, I'll just disenchant them.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Mysterious Challenger was TGT, not LoE.

Also might not be as good come Standard, since Avenge is gone.

Depends on if there's a new paladin secret that's similar in strength coming.

It's never too late to get into the game. Worst case scenario you do really badly for a few days (chances are you will anyway whilst you learn the mechanics), and after that point you'll have enough gold/dust/cards to create a simple but powerful deck (like face hunter or zoo lock), which will carry you to legend or close too if you are determined.

The myth that you need to spend hundreds of dollars to get ahead is just that, a myth. Spend a week with the basics and you'll have everything you need to make one deck and get far with it. After that point you can start thinking about collecting the rest of the decent cards.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

With Standard coming up it's a better time than it's been for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Mysterious Challenger was TGT, not LoE.

Also might not be as good come Standard, since Avenge is gone.

Depends on if there's a new paladin secret that's similar in strength coming.
    IMO it's as good as dead, Secret Pally loses a lot of other crucial cards in addition to Avenge. Might see a totally new secret-oriented deck, no way to know how viable MC will be until the new meta settles in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    IMO it's as good as dead, Secret Pally loses a lot of other crucial cards in addition to Avenge. Might see a totally new secret-oriented deck, no way to know how viable MC will be until the new meta settles in.
    Also keep in mind the upcoming eater of secrets, which is a direct counter to MC. I would say secret pally has a tough time doing a come back, and even if it does, I'm willing to bet it won't be anything like it used to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm waiting for Old Gods before coming back into the game, since there's no point on dropping money / gold on GvG. Also with a brand new expansion there will be a million new combo so figured get some packs of Old Gods and see what I filler I need from the other sets.