Generally websites like AMR uses a baseline for every class and not character individual.
    So i'd say ignore what AMR says and just go for mastery wherever you can, or use simcraft to get more in detail for your character.
    (im BiS geared and it's telling me to go crit as well if it's any help to convince you)

Another way would be to click "edit weights", set crit cap for 29%(will be 35% raidbuffed) and hit save. Should tell you to go full mastery after that.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2016-04-06 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Generally websites like AMR uses a baseline for every class and not character individual.
    So i'd say ignore what AMR says and just go for mastery wherever you can, or use simcraft to get more in detail for your character.
    (im BiS geared and it's telling me to go crit as well if it's any help to convince you)

Another way would be to click "edit weights", set crit cap for 29%(will be 35% raidbuffed) and hit save. Should tell you to go full mastery after that.
    Thanks Sunny, I am def convinced. It has been a very very long time since I have used simcraft. Like Burning Crusade era. I'll google around and see where to begin.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

AMR has never had representitive stat weights for Arms really, in T18 with class trinket you will find Mastery is on par with or better than strength, crit is a long way behind.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    How much will Haste boost my Rage generation?

We currently do Mythic Archi and in p2 my dps makes or breaks with whether Reck is gonna be up for the 2nd ring(which we delay a bit to use on those adds and explode into the boss). I'm thinking of switching zakuun weapon for tyrant, since it's Haste rather than Multi and maybe iskar chest for that crit/mastery one with 5ilvl less(although its a downgrade, but extra crit = more rage)

Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    How much will Haste boost my Rage generation?
    Not even close to enough where it should even be thought about to swap out items for more haste.

Arms on archimonde is all about the execute on doomfire, and sub 20% on archimonde in last phase.
    That's where your dmg is coming from. Rest of the fight it's basically whackamole.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2016-04-08 at 08:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    That 1mio doomfire execute crit? fair enough Does that make sense for progress though? I don't switch atm to get more Bossdmg.
    I am able to execute the first doomcaller about 3 times, since we ignore him, but the second one is like god bless me if i manage one execute (edit:I use Sudden Death, because Adds don't live long enough except the first doomcaller, but we pop Hero anyway)

Anyways, my question was mostly because I do sometimes get Reck up in time and sometimes I don't, so I wanted to push for more reliability.

And doesn't Haste sim as good as Multi? (since both weapons have mastery, it's just haste vs multi)
    Last edited by mmoc566a9abf7a; 2016-04-08 at 01:28 PM.

That 1mio doomfire execute crit? fair enough Does that make sense for progress though? I don't switch atm to get more Bossdmg.
    I am able to execute the first doomcaller about 3 times, since we ignore him, but the second one is like god bless me if i manage one execute (edit:I use Sudden Death, because Adds don't live long enough except the first doomcaller, but we pop Hero anyway)

Anyways, my question was mostly because I do sometimes get Reck up in time and sometimes I don't, so I wanted to push for more reliability.

And doesn't Haste sim as good as Multi? (since both weapons have mastery, it's just haste vs multi)
    Haste wont help you that much on that part, it will heavily depend on how much dps your team can do per pull.

Assuming you ring on pull it's definitely worth executing the first Doomfire. As long as you timed it properly, and don't suck at killing Doomfire that first explosion will hit only Archimonde. That monstrous execute hit (which you can also cleave to Archimonde) will all factor into that explosion. It's by far more boss damage than just trying to chain mortal strikes into Arch.

My record is right at a 1.2 million execute lol. Need a WF weapon for a bigger one!

If you're struggling for rage, simply switch to TfB. On Patchwerk TfB is almost as good as SD, on any sort of cleave it becomes a ton stronger.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Hello, i was wondering if you guys are running TFB on archi Mythic. Also i was wondering if bloodbath and AM are the way to go for that fight?

Also, does anyone else sometimes Execute the Doomfire and see that the damage did not cleave like it was supposed to? Is sweeping strikes very precise for where you have to stand?

Also, Do you guys ever use whirlwind? I have been ignoring it totally in hopes of getting more ms procs.
    Last edited by raticatearea52; 2016-04-08 at 06:51 PM.

yep,depends where it spawns,standing at max range and with your back close enogh to archi ss will hit.
    Im also progressing on this boss in a raid with 4 hunters,all of them sniping executes good luck execute

The positioning is pretty finicky when trying to cleave TO Archimonde from other targets in phase 1 and 2. You can't cleave onto Archimonde from other targets at all in phase 3, only from them to Archimonde.

And definitely use TFB for the fight IMO. I opt for Avatar over Bloodbath because many adds will die before Bloodbath can run it's full duration.

Deleted
    Haste wont help you that much on that part, it will heavily depend on how much dps your team can do per pull.
    Because if the raid does more DPS, the first addwave will happen sooner?
    If you're struggling for rage, simply switch to TfB. On Patchwerk TfB is almost as good as SD, on any sort of cleave it becomes a ton stronger.
    I was running TfB before, but it felt as if I have all of that extra rage but don't get enough MS procs to properly spend it. I also felt I was getting better dps results with SD in p1+2 (haven't gotten to sub20%archi yet).
    Also, Do you guys ever use whirlwind? I have been ignoring it totally in hopes of getting more ms procs.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you have Rend on 2 targets, you ignore ww? and with 1 target you basically let your GCD finish and if MS doesn't reset, you ww. if a following rend tick resets MS, u have enough time to use MS next, which will be before the next Rend-tick (since it ticks every 2.25secs)

So worst case: MS is on CD. GCD is ready. U press ww, 1.5 sec GCD. then right away a Rend-tick resets MS, so now its 1.5sec until GCD finishes where u can use MS and 2.25sec until next rend tick. nothing should be wasted here (unless u rage starve)

Right now as arms Haste is simming as my best stat besides mastery and str, im at 7.5% because i am using mythic warforged maul of tyranny. Should i go for the 10 % break point for haste?

What is this 10% haste breakpoint? You'll get an additional 5% from raid buffs.

Stuck on mythic Xhul, I have both the Fel Lord 2hd and the Tyrant 2hd. I just got the 2nd BiS belt from a trash drop, 725 with haste and mastery. Since we're on haste, is there a thing as too much haste for Arms?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    What is this 10% haste breakpoint? You'll get an additional 5% from raid buffs.

Stuck on mythic Xhul, I have both the Fel Lord 2hd and the Tyrant 2hd. I just got the 2nd BiS belt from a trash drop, 725 with haste and mastery. Since we're on haste, is there a thing as too much haste for Arms?
    It's not going to kill you if that's the best you can get with mastery on it, but it isn't something you are going to purposefully gear towards. I'm in BiS barring WF/sockets, I have a whopping 3.17% haste.

Because if the raid does more DPS, the first addwave will happen sooner?
    Yes.

When my guild was progressing I would always have 3rd avatar & 2nd reck ready for the first add wave. Nowdays we use ring on cd (which normally ends up at the add phase) and my reck/avatar normally have 10 sec off that. So if your guildmates have amazing pulls, you are more likely to reach the same problem as me, haste will not contribute much when the first 40 sec you will barely gain anything from 3-4% more haste assuming you lust on pull.

If you are not doing that go for one doomfire lust on pull tactic then maybe 5-6% more haste could help on that but I doubt it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    Yes.

When my guild was progressing I would always have 3rd avatar & 2nd reck ready for the first add wave. Nowdays we use ring on cd (which normally ends up at the add phase) and my reck/avatar normally have 10 sec off that. So if your guildmates have amazing pulls, you are more likely to reach the same problem as me, haste will not contribute much when the first 40 sec you will barely gain anything from 3-4% more haste assuming you lust on pull.

If you are not doing that go for one doomfire lust on pull tactic then maybe 5-6% more haste could help on that but I doubt it.
    I ran TfB + HasteWeapon and could more often get stuff ready, but it's very difficult to tell whether that's our fluctuating raidDPS (4 arcane mages kek) or TfB, probably less so the Hasteweapon. (That 13% Haste breakpoint is irrelevant now with MS resets anyway, right? 13% meant 2 MS in 1 CS window, wasn't it?)

We do always Lust on Pull with 1 Doomfire, but actually we are considering saving Lust for downstairs, to burn the boss in hopefully around 3infernal sets rather than 4. (since we keep dying at the 3rd set xD)

Thanks for the help by the way

7+ Year Old Account
    I ran TfB + HasteWeapon and could more often get stuff ready, but it's very difficult to tell whether that's our fluctuating raidDPS (4 arcane mages kek) or TfB, probably less so the Hasteweapon. (That 13% Haste breakpoint is irrelevant now with MS resets anyway, right? 13% meant 2 MS in 1 CS window, wasn't it?)

We do always Lust on Pull with 1 Doomfire, but actually we are considering saving Lust for downstairs, to burn the boss in hopefully around 3infernal sets rather than 4. (since we keep dying at the 3rd set xD)

Thanks for the help by the way
    You would be hard pressed to do 1 Doomfire without lust on pull. Nether is execution, the boss will fall if you execute and don't tunnel. You get a break in that you can cleave executes off of Archi at that point, just make sure when you are cleaving you run next to what you want to cleave onto.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    You would be hard pressed to do 1 Doomfire without lust on pull.
    Yes, we would go for 2 Doomfires then. It sounds somewhat promising to have Lust downstairs, even though most current kill videos all seem to have Lust at the start (and that's also what we've been doing so far).