Can someone help me understand Stat priorities?

Can someone help me understand Stat priorities?

I want to talk about stats and gearing and how to gear up your character, what stats to go for. Should you try to balance out your stats or just go for one stat?

Take this Stat Priority, for example:

Multistrike > Haste >= Agility > Versatility > Crit > Mastery

This is the pvp stat priority for the windwalker monk from Noxxic.com website.

Honestly, I don't even know what this means. Does that mean Multistrike is the overall best stat? When I'm gearing my windwalker monk for pvp, how do I balance all of these stats? These PvP (and PvE) Stat Priorities are sooo very confusing to me.

So I ended up just buying all of the conquest pieces with critical strike on it:

Helm - Haste, Multistrike
    Neck - Critical Strike, Haste
    Shoulder - Mastery, Multistrike
    Cloak - Critical Strike, Mastery
    Chest - Critical Strike, Mastery
    Wrist - Critical Strike, Versatility
    Gloves - Critical Strike, Haste
    Belt - Critical Strike, Mastery
    Legs - Haste, Mastery
    Feet - Critical Strike, Haste
    Ring 1 - Critical Strike, Multistrike
    Ring 2 - Critical Strike, Mastery

So yeah. These are all of the secondary stats on my windwalker monk's pvp conquest (warlord's season 3, item level 710) gear.

I basically, just went all out CRITICAL STRIKE.

Now, should I have done that?

Because they say that critical strike is halved in pvp. What does that mean anyway? Halved?

Or should I have tried to balance out all of the other stats?

And if I should have balanced out all of the other stats, how do I do that? How do you do that with pvp conquest gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to balance it, just go for your best stat, which I'm inclined to believe it's multistrike.
    For your question in regard to start prio, yes, that's the actual priority in which you should be buying the gear, for instance, if a piece of boots has multistrike and haste on it, its BiS, but if there's something with with haste versatility and multistrike crit, you'd take the multistrike one since you'd benefit more overall.

Also, NEVER use noxxic, it's better to use something that's operated by people that know what they're doing, like elitist jerks.

"No need to balance it, just go for your best stat..."

Okay, so if you don't even need to balance your stats and you can just go for your best stat, then why do stat priorities, like this one, even exist?

And I think I am getting off my own topic of this thread here, but I would like to ask anyway:

Why is multistrike the best stat for windwalker monk pvp, and not critical strike? Is it because criticial strike is halved in pvp? What does critical strike even do? Isn't it supposed to make you crit even more with your abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post
    "No need to balance it, just go for your best stat..."

Okay, so if you don't even need to balance your stats and you can just go for your best stat, then why do stat priorities, like this one, even exist?

And I think I am getting off my own topic of this thread here, but I would like to ask anyway:

Why is multistrike the best stat for windwalker monk pvp, and not critical strike? Is it because criticial strike is halved in pvp? What does critical strike even do? Isn't it supposed to make you crit even more with your abilities?
    Because you can't always get your best 2 stats on a piece of gear. So if something doesn't have multistrike on it then you need to know what is 2nd or 3rd best and how far behind they are. There will even be cases when a piece of gear has your best stat but so little of it and being paired with your worst stat that something with your 2nd and 3rd best will be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPewPew View Post
    Also, NEVER use noxxic, it's better to use something that's operated by people that know what they're doing, like elitist jerks.
    I wish somebody would scream this from the rooftops of every capitol city for every game that dog shit site talks about. They copy and past talent choices, run on outdated info for far too long. A broken clock is right twice a day and that is a higher success rate then noxxic.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

So, Multistrike is currently the best for windwalker monk pvp?

So I basically geared up wrong??

Oh, and yes, I heard that Noxxic is not the best site to use. I think it is just for the basics. Noxxic is just to get a general idea. But if you really want to gear out your character, min and max (i dont know what that means, i just heard it lol) your character, there are other better sites than Noxxic. Like Elitest-Jerks and Icy-Veins.

- - - Updated - - -

I am reading this ArenaJunkies.com post from Chiburger:

Why Multi/Crit/Haste is the best for WW

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/260565-why-multicrithaste-is-the-best-for-ww/

It's a post from: Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:58 AM

I know it's an old post. But is this still true, now in 6.2??

How to gear in wod:

Go to http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3 , or 2v2 then press filter by talent spec, choose ww monk. Choose the highest rated ww monk and copy everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    How to gear in wod:

Go to http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3 , or 2v2 then press filter by talent spec, choose ww monk. Choose the highest rated ww monk and copy everything.
    This is solid advice IMO. Eventually you can make your own call based on your style or what your comp needs from you if the first 2-3 are sorta close. Usually there's a semi clear order though.

there basically isn't any stat priorities anymore. you can pretty much play with whatever is given to you and be fine. no depth in this game anymore.

Deleted
    The stat priority is wrong:

WW pvp stat priority is

for chi explosion (which is what you should play outside of maybe duels or some bursty 2s gimmick)

Agility > Versatility > Haste > Crit > Multistrike > Mastery

Use 2h Agi STAFF with Mark of Warsong

for hurricane/serenity

Agility > Versatility > Crit + Multistrike > Haste > Mastery

Use 2x 1hs with Mark of Frostwolf each

basically copy gear from these players
    - don't buy honor gear, buy season 2 conquest gear (purchasable with honor now) - has exactly same stats, but you can buy versatility off pieces

Venfuki @ Tichondrius
    Trilltko @ Moonrunner
    or any of the higher rated 3v3 WW monks on EU or US ladders

Also don't ever use Noxxic for anything.
    Last edited by mmoc350f6d6b2c; 2016-04-15 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post
    Oh, and yes, I heard that Noxxic is not the best site to use. I think it is just for the basics. Noxxic is just to get a general idea. But if you really want to gear out your character, min and max (i dont know what that means, i just heard it lol) your character, there are other better sites than Noxxic. Like Elitest-Jerks and Icy-Veins.
    Just to put it into perspective, even Blizzard have said Noxxic is inaccurate. So, if you translate that into something that can't get them into trouble.. Noxxic is fucking awful. Avoid it completely, even for basic information. If you want basic info, icy-veins is your go to. If you want more in-depth, then mmo-champion's class specific forums are pretty much all there is currently. EJ used to be good but they don't get updated much these days (at least not through MoP/WoD)