Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Please don't put the whiny shitstorm HeelvsBabyface in the same category as Belluar.
    I think he is completely right as do other players I know (none of which are subscribed), his latest video is foul mouthed but he is utterly fed up and amazed that Blizzard are going to just repeat the worst POS expansion with more of the same and not care. And you say whiny? You don't understand the roots of the game - an MMORPG. It's not that for a long time now and it's going to get worse. Nostalrius is the sign, the backlash. Many of us want to play the game when it was good, why can't we? It's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    did you even read the response, like at all?
    He's a typical player, of course he didn't read. Reading is hard.

Deleted
    Not much real info in that post, they are leaving options up for changing. Also, this timegated crap again...
    Don't understand how some people still believe Blizzard, its not like they haven't lied in the past.
    And they created WoD which was a slap in the face for every WoW player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    text
    There is no idea to answer Jaylock, he is just a troll.
    Last edited by mmocd7919f6051; 2016-04-15 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    Not much real info in that post, they are leaving options up for changing. Also, this timegated crap again...
    Don't understand how some people still believe Blizzard, its not like they haven't lied in the past.

There is no idea to answer Jaylock, he is just a troll.
    The timegating thing has always been there via dialies, rep grinds, or 24 hour cooldown transmutes for some profs

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    I'd say to wait till max level content is available before making judgements.
    A problem with the garrison (the whole thing, not just the table) was that relative to other endgame content, the garrison was superior in most roles.
    We'll have to see if players prefer to sit in front of a table as opposed to go out into the world. There's many indications that this won't be the case, but I'd like to see the entire package before having an actual opinion.
    Before garrisons we have the same problem in major towns/cities, where players would largely stay in one place and wait for a queue to pop.
    The world content is never going to be universally appealing, though I think this idea of varied outdoor quests is a good step in the right direction.
    In offering a good variety, and no one type being mandatory for players who don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    You do not speak for me, do not claim that rubbish that every wow player feels the same way you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna add something since I hit 110 a few hours ago. Keep in mind that this's still alpha so the pacing should change, but here goes.

I'm still barely into the order hall campaign. Artifact power is earned very slowly at the moment as I only put in 3 or 4 points so far. The order hall campaign - and thus the table - already feels like an afterthought. Currently my interests are on the world quests, which already feel overwhelming with how much stuff there is to do (except for the world quests that reward gold, like cmon ><). And more pop up as I finish others! I'm not very far into the profession quests as well, mostly because mining nodes are few and far between. I've only completed two zones.

In short? Once you hit max level, the game opens up in a big, big way. Big. The table feels pretty insignificant once you stack everything together. Oh and there's Suramar!

Deleted
    Legion kinda feels like a joke so far.

god bless ion is stupid. there's perhaps just 25-30% hope left for the game imo. unless you like "logging in and finding a reward waiting for you".

unfuckinbelievable.

I don't know. Even I feel, that offline progression - is against spirit of MMO.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    What you are describing is the game "playing" you. You don't look forward to logging on because you get to do more missions, you look forward to logging on so that you can collect your easy rewards without actually doing anything in the process.

If there were no missions, you would still be doing dungeons, raiding, and pvping. So then what do the missions actually add to the game other than engineering your brain to think to itself that if you log on every day you get extra loot/gold/whatever? Nothing.
    Then why are they being made.
    The answer is simple, It's designed around compelling you to log on every day, thus spending more money(particularly when you consider how subs in Asia work). That's right, Blizzard is engineering a system that doesn't add any gameplay and exists purely to line their pockets. And designing systems like this isn't effortless, it's not a stretch at all to say that making the garrison in WoD cost us a raid tier.

So we're paying increasingly more money, just for Blizzard to spend valuable time designing ways for them to make MORE money at the expense of other, more interesting things they could have us be doing. This is the problem with the garrison missions.

You aren't playing WoW.
    Blizzard is playing you.
    Ita even more apparent that this is exactly what's going on when you look at other aspects of the game, from daily and weekly lockouts to slow down the consumption of the content, to relegating flight until the end of the expansion and locking it behind a list of achievements that ensures you can't make use of it when it would speed up your progress.

Deleted
    Weekly lockouts have always made sense.

Flight is another thing I think you misunderstand SirCowdog. Flight should stay the way it is, the way they are planning it. Because you know, I'd actually love to see other people around...

The direct design towards milking the subscriber base however, that is the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You do not speak for me, do not claim that rubbish that every wow player feels the same way you do.
    I feel happy for you if you truely are satisfied with what WoD is/was. Your world must be filled with sunshine and rainbows

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    When you release a product that tanks miserably, the last thing you should be doing with your follow-up product is drawing parallels between the two.
    Blizzard have a habit of pulling complete 180s on many parts of their game--chiefly its difficulty, the number of dailies and the use of dungeons.
    Why pick now to change the habit of a lifetime? Why pick this particular hill to die on?
    Because Blizzard no longer sees their future tied to WoW. Because WoW is now being maintained on a limited budget. Because Blizzard has a whole stable of other games that are newer and shinier and have the potential to generate more revenue with less expenditure.

This means that they are re-using content more and more. Why create a new capital city when you can just re-use Dalaran? Why create entirely new Class Halls when you can re-use bits and pieces of the Garrisons?

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Because Blizzard no longer sees their future tied to WoW. Because WoW is now being maintained on a limited budget. Because Blizzard has a whole stable of other games that are newer and shinier and have the potential to generate more revenue with less expenditure.

This means that they are re-using content more and more. Why create a new capital city when you can just re-use Dalaran? Why create entirely new Class Halls when you can re-use bits and pieces of the Garrisons?
    Why do something pretty much guaranteed to doom your product by association with its shit precursor when you can just not do that thing?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    See, this is the idea that Blizz has been passing along since 5.4.

That WoW is basically one of those games that Blizz still has.

People can't face the fact that legion is going to suck as much as WoD did. Just like WoD it will not seem like it in the first month or so but then you will see the ugly side of the game and how WoW devs have put this game on maintenance mode now. Content gaps are only going to get worse.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577 View Post
    People can't face the fact that legion is going to suck as much as WoD did. Just like WoD it will not seem like it in the first month or so but then you will see the ugly side of the game and how WoW devs have put this game on maintenance mode now. Content gaps are only going to get worse.
    Personally I was telling y'all garrisons were going to cause everything they did and considered not buying WoD cause of it. Legion's not got any such flag for me so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    I wanna add something since I hit 110 a few hours ago. Keep in mind that this's still alpha so the pacing should change, but here goes.

I'm still barely into the order hall campaign. Artifact power is earned very slowly at the moment as I only put in 3 or 4 points so far. The order hall campaign - and thus the table - already feels like an afterthought. Currently my interests are on the world quests, which already feel overwhelming with how much stuff there is to do (except for the world quests that reward gold, like cmon ><). And more pop up as I finish others! I'm not very far into the profession quests as well, mostly because mining nodes are few and far between. I've only completed two zones.

In short? Once you hit max level, the game opens up in a big, big way. Big. The table feels pretty insignificant once you stack everything together. Oh and there's Suramar!
    I like how no one commented about the person who has actually done the hall mission at the cap, they all just keep bitching about nothing, preach's vid is so true about people grabbing something about WoW and just bitching for the sake of bitching....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Why do something pretty much guaranteed to doom your product by association with its shit precursor when you can just not do that thing?
    Exactly, I don't understand it either. It's the same thing with removing flight again at the start of Legion for an unknown period of time, when you can already see how it's going to end up. Both things were complete and utter disasters in WoD and are going to be again in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Personally I was telling y'all garrisons were going to cause everything they did and considered not buying WoD cause of it. Legion's not got any such flag for me so far.
    It does seem like theirs more going into legion than in wod. I remember looking at the wod release trailer thinking that's it? It was so threadbare they had to advertise thousands of new quests! Maybe my expectations are too high but I should.certainly hope so..m