Protadin Boring?

I have a level 57 prot paladin. So far my experience is mixed all to hell. At times, I notice my health plumet and at others, I am just facerolling. What I like about the other tank classes are some relatively short (10-25 sec) mitigation cooldowns to keep up in a fight. Paladin seems to have... none? I mean Protadin has Shield of the Righteous and it only reduces physical damage, whereas for Warrior it's an absorb shield, completely, and DKs get a short cooldown Anti-Magic Shell plus Blood Shield. Does the class become more engaging later?

You gonna get Guardian of ancient kings, ardent defender.. you got word of glory (eternal flame if you chose that talent), Lay on hands, You can glyph your Divine protection to reduce incoming magic damage.

As for absorb as Paladin? No, you are not a absorber.. Your playstyle should be focusing to reduce incoming damage and use selfheal time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    You gonna get Guardian of ancient kings, ardent defender.. you got word of glory (eternal flame if you chose that talent), Lay on hands, You can glyph your Divine protection to reduce incoming magic damage.

As for absorb as Paladin? No, you are not a absorber.. Your playstyle should be focusing to reduce incoming damage and use selfheal time to time.
    4pc and Sacred Shield (which is miles better then EF atm and without 4pc, WUE, etc. is usually your second or [rarely] 3rd self heal) would like to have a word with you

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post

Divine Protection can be glyphed to reduce physical damage. It already reduces magic damage. Paladin also gets Sacred Shield. It's not bad. The 4 piece from HFC is also a pretty insane absorb.

Best to not judge a class through the leveling experience. I've tanked on a prot paladin since BC and have always found it rather enjoyable. You'll get some abilities later on that should help you with spikes in damage.

Also, at level 60, you get a talent choice that'll cut the cd of divine protection to 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Teevo; 2016-04-15 at 08:15 AM.

Prot is boring up to 60. My general problems with leveling prot paladins is that:

We get no benefit from haste until late in leveling which makes the rotation painfully slow and makes keeping aggro off of people a bit harder at times.

Hammer of the Righteous should be something we get at the same time we get Crusader Strike.

If they would fix those two problems then it wouldn't be so painful to level one. that said I have leveled 7 prot paladins past level 80. So eh..

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling a Prot Paladin is pretty horrible before 75.

Heck in my own opinion playing a Prot pally without Serph is boring period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Also, in their current state, Prot Paladins are the hardest tank to play/master. As everyone else said its just due to leveling, after you hit 100 and get some gear/raid experience then judge the spec, but never judge a spec from leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I have a level 57 prot paladin. So far my experience is mixed all to hell. At times, I notice my health plumet and at others, I am just facerolling. What I like about the other tank classes are some relatively short (10-25 sec) mitigation cooldowns to keep up in a fight. Paladin seems to have... none? I mean Protadin has Shield of the Righteous and it only reduces physical damage, whereas for Warrior it's an absorb shield, completely, and DKs get a short cooldown Anti-Magic Shell plus Blood Shield. Does the class become more engaging later?
    it is in alpha. no. boring would actually be more exciting than what prot is on alpha right now.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    it is in alpha. no. boring would actually be more exciting than what prot is on alpha right now.
    That bad? Seems the only good thing I've heard is for warriors and that's just because it mostly stayed the same. (Game play, not survivability)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblefet View Post
    That bad? Seems the only good thing I've heard is for warriors and that's just because it mostly stayed the same. (Game play, not survivability)
    a lot of stuff is supposedly baked in, but not keeping certain things up, and paying attention to what I am doing differentiates a good player from a bad player. anyone can push the same button when it lights up which is basically what protadin has turned into.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP