Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    What you want and what you need don't mean a fuck to us. You are part of the EU and were forced to give us free travel and free work. Canada will do the same or face legal and economic retaliation.

La vie est drôle
    Yeah let's open up borders to people like this.

Stomping your feet isn't going to get you anywhere.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yeah let's open up borders to people like this.

Stomping your feet isn't going to get you anywhere.
    Cryban will never stray too far from the loving bosom of Putin, so no need to worry about him ever going to a nation of imperialist war mongering Western pig dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Cryban will never stray too far from the loving bosom of Putin, so no need to worry about him ever going to a nation of imperialist war mongering Western pig dogs.
    Probably people like him that have caused the Romanian population to drop almost 10% in the last decade from people just moving the fuck out. Not even Romanians can stand Romania any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably people like him that have caused the Romanian population to drop almost 10% in the last decade from people just moving the fuck out. Not even Romanians can stand Romania any more.
    I though Cryban was Bulgarian. I know the reason he hates Britain is for defending Greece in WW2 by attacking Bulgaria.

I though Cryban was Bulgarian. I know the reason he hates Britain is for defending Greece in WW2 by attacking Bulgaria.
    Just "people like him," idk what it is specifically. Beyond irritating that is.

Both countries have a rather crazy level of diaspora for their size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just "people like him," idk what it is specifically. Beyond irritating that is.

Both countries have a rather crazy level of diaspora for their size.
    Both nations were poor, due to how "well off" they were behind the Iron Curtain, so it is understandable that the brightest and best left when they got the chance.

Unfortunately some of the not-so-brightest and not-so-best also left to try their luck, but I think a lot of them went back when they discovered that welfare systems in the West are not the golden ticket they were made out to be.

Deleted
    Traveling to Canada can be expensive. Is not like getting in your car and driving for 1-2 days to reach your destination with 200 EUR in your pocket. Personally I don't think that lifting the visas will have any major impact to the amount of RO or BG travelers.

As Romanian I don't necessarily feel discriminated, the only inconvenience is that I have to travel to the embassy and loose time with stupid forms and maybe interviews. I am not sure for how long the Canada visas are issued but if they are for longer periods of time like 5-10 years this could be a non issue.

Regarding Romania's intent to veto the EU-Canada trade deal to me it looks like a dick move - an obvious diplomatic failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got my enhanced drivers licence to make it easier to get into Canada. More maple syrup for me!

Quote Originally Posted by p291u View Post
    The violent crime rate in the US is almost entirely inflated by a certain demographic of people who reside in a few certain areas of the country. These people are also typically poor as well and are not likely to travel to Canada, not an issue at all.
    Except that this is exactly the case with Bulgaria and Romania.
    The majority of the crime in these countries is caused by certain groups of people that are also very poor and not likely to purchase an airplane ticket to Canada. If we don't take these people into account, the average citizen of Bulgaria and Romania is not that different from any other European country.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2016-04-15 at 09:03 AM.

Then we got special dispensation to cut the benefits, so the only ones we get coming are the hard workers and that drains your country of talent. Looks like we won.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6763661.html

David Cameron faces an uphill task to secure key reforms for Britain's membership of the EU after he was told there were "substantial political differences" over his plan to bar EU migrants' access to benefits.

EU Council President Donald Tusk said he was confident leaders will agree a final deal in February but suggested this would only be achieveable if Mr Cameron backed down on the most contentious of his proposals: to make EU migrants wait four years before they can claim child and working tax credits or have access to social housing.

Mr Tusk said there was "presently no consensus" on this "delicate" issue and urged Mr Cameron to expand on his propsal before the summit of EU leaders on December 17.
    Nah, son. All of Eastern Europe will veto the proposal by the pig fucker. You will continue to get gypsies and criminals unless you leave the EU.

who the f is Romania

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6763661.html

Nah, son. All of Eastern Europe will veto the proposal by the pig fucker. You will continue to get gypsies and criminals unless you leave the EU.
    You know he got it agreed, don't you?

"Migrant welfare payments - The UK can decide to limit in-work benefits for EU migrants during their first four years in the UK."

Calling someone a pig fucker, how immature are you? And how gullible are you to believe it happened? I have a bridge to sell you, cheapest on the internet.

We will keep the good ones and just deport all the criminals back to your place, which in turn will make even more of the people of value within Bulgaria and Romania leave. That will be the case in or out of the EU.

The UK can decide to limit in-work benefits for EU migrants during their first four years in the UK. This so-called "emergency brake" can be applied in the event of "exceptional" levels of migration, but must be released within seven years - without exception.
    Can but won't. We are already members and you haven't used it yet. You won't use it in the future and you won't be allowed to keep it for more than 7 years. All bark and no bite. How the once Great Britain has fallen.

This should be an example to Canada. The same fate awaits you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can but won't. We are already members and you haven't used it yet. You won't use it in the future and you won't be allowed to keep it for more than 7 years. All bark and no bite.
    How do you know the Tories will not use it, considering that upsetting foreigners has never bothered them in the past? Do you have a crystal ball? Or is there some other reason for your limp? Are you a gypsy fortune teller? What is your secret?

How the once Great Britain has fallen.
    We are still punching above our weight on the international scene, so no need to worry about us. 5th largest economy in the world, not bad for a little island.

This should be an example to Canada. The same fate awaits you.
    If Canada goes on to become one of the wealthiest nations in the world and a history as rich as ours, I doubt they will be too bothered.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2016-04-15 at 09:38 AM.

All bark and no bite.
    oh man. the irony.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    It's funny how we get that argument ALL THE TIME when I clearly remember how prior to our joining we were always told by France in particular how "we're not making enough efforts to integrate them" when we told the EU how their traditions keep conflicting with our laws. Well, here, now they came to you, they love you, not us, you integrate them! I mean, I will admit how we (Romania and Bulgaria) are shit at integrating them (and not for lack of trying). Show us how to do it if it's so easy.
    Well my solution would be something like Hitler did, but that method will not be popular for another 10 years until the far right control Europe.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestozaur View Post
    Traveling to Canada can be expensive. Is not like getting in your car and driving for 1-2 days to reach your destination with 200 EUR in your pocket.
    A lot of Irish workers found this out the hard way R.I.P

- - - Updated - - -

How the once Great Britain has fallen.
    Unless Ireland has spontaneously hextrupled in mass overnight then Britain is still the greater of the British Isles...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    A lot of Irish workers found this out the hard way R.I.P
    © Jim Davidson, 1984.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You are the supplicants here, and you belong on your knees as a result. Best get comfy with it.
    You know who belongs on their knees? Slaves. So, by making that comparison, you're actually saying that the EU is a slaver while Romania is a slave. I think that's a shit comparison for obvious reasons. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Thats kind of the point your diplomacy is missing the important part. Not only does Romania not have a position of power in this. Actually the EU does not even have a strong position in the agreement, because of how negligible the agreement is. Both sides would lose negligible trading amounts with no agreement, the EU side losing slightly more potential money. Trying to bargain over a mole hill. EU lose more when they tarnsish relationship with North Americans in general with the TTIP, they stand to lose more growth in the future then the other side, considering the North American Continent has 2 deal going on at the same time, the TTIP is relatively meaningless next to the TPP.
    ... so what you're saying is that the EU should embrace the TTIP and TPP? Even if they'd give corporations the power to make laws before the people even have a saying? Even if it would mean relaxing the food regulations for the EU people? Even if it means that the rules in the USA banking system would also need to be relaxed? etc.

So yes, it's a mole hill. As in, a problem in your yard that could be brought by these disastrous deals.

These 2 deals (TTIP and TTP) can actually bring more problems than they're worth, monetary wise.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Well my solution would be something like Hitler did, but that method will not be popular for another 10 years until the far right control Europe.
    I don't know, Hitler was too extreme. Now, if say, these people could not have children, even if they're now a problem, in 50 years the problem would be gone, and it would not be as extreme. Of course, the solution would not need to be applied to all gypsies, as some (a minor percent) are trying to integrate and it would also need to be applied to criminals of all kinds, no matter their ethnicity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    who the f is Romania
    It's that country in Eastern Europe that's shaped like a fish.

How do you know the Tories will not use it, considering that upsetting foreigners has never bothered them in the past?
    Cameron would have already done it, if he wasn't afraid of the consequences. So he just added the text to pretend that he has achieved a victory when in fact he was crushingly defeated.

Just like you finance minister claimed that he had scored a major win by not paying more in to the EU budget, but in reality that money was taken out of the rabate. What is more funny is how you believed his lies.