Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthraxw View Post
    I know there will be multiple champions, but that still doesn't mean illidan should be part of these chosen ones. Like i said, there are thousands of worlds, and the naaru have a long reach. So why does illidan gets picked. There are thousands of people that should be picked before illidan, so if there are only 50 champions, it just doesn't make sense that illidan is part of it. Not saying he shouldn't be picked to be a champion, just... maybe they should look at better candidates first before asking the guy that gave azshara the demon soul so she could summon sargeras.
    Arguably, he is one of the strongest mortals, so that probably play a part. After all, the Demon Hunters followed him, even while they were thinking that he was a madman, was because they considered him the only one capable of defeating the Legion. That is probably their biased opinion, but it should also tell part of his power. Even when he was extremely weakened, he was still put up a good fight against us and Maiev, after all. Not to mention he was the first one who did some real damage on the Legion since eons ago.

And he didn't give Azshara the Demon Soul so she could summon Sargeras in the latest version of that story (Knaak's WoTA triology). He was planning to use that portal to do what happened - banishing all demons back to Twisting Nether - and he let Tyrande + Malfurion knew his intentions before the demons were defeated. A rash action, indeed, but not without good intention.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-04-13 at 10:49 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, the Illidan novel is going to do what the Arthas novel did back in WotLK, telling WC3 from Illidan's perspective, showing the inner workings of his thoughts which effectively undermines all the headcanon born from ambiguous interpretations of poorly handled RTS cut-scenes. Besides, Knaak's novels began to shape Illidan into a different character, the events told in the trilogy and those of the WC3 manual shows a very different Illidan: in the latter he's nothing but a whiny ass betraying his own people for power, in the first he's a questionable anti-hero of sort, with his own flaws but ultimately moved by the intention that the Burning Legion needs to be fought with its own tools. Likewise, the creation of the second Well is motivated by the convinction that the arcane was an invaluable weapon against an hypothetical return of the Legion.

Illidan was shaped to be this kind of character by a while, is nothing surprising. The new Felwood quests with the banished Demon Hunter further reinforced it.
    I think Blizzard will turn him once more into some lamo one-dimensional action-hero in dark. I'm not a big Illidan Fan because I don't like his "Half-Demon Demon-Hunter with Blindfold, tribal-tatoos and dualwield doube-blades", it lets the people from Blizz kinda look like some Teenagers who would think that thats cool, but he was always pretty well written. I kinda liked that all those angsty Teenager who hype him because they feel less insecure when they think about him portrayed him as some kind of tragic hero, while the only tragedy in his life was, that he was a narcissist. He got everything a commoner of his age could dream of, but it was never enough, all he ever wanted in his life was more.
    Last edited by mmocfbbaf337eb; 2016-04-14 at 05:13 AM.

Deleted
    The trilogy shown Illidan struggling and even resisting temptations, playing like a "double-agent" of sort, even though independent. He still got sentenced for the mess and the deaths he caused. In the WC3 account Illidan really looked like a brat and nothing else. Yeah, his betrayal bore lesser consequences (relatively speaking) but his motivations were selfish and whismical to the bones. It didn't matter if he thought to have these great reasons to be angry, even angst teens believes to have good reasons to be angry against everything for whatever reason, that doesn't mean the reason is worthy of consideration. They still look like annoying brats and little else.

Seriously, I'm not a fan of Knaak when it comes to Warcraft but Illidan became a much more bearable character after the trilogy and King seems to have further elaborated that characterization. But to each his own, anyway.
    one of the few things that Knaak made very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Arguably, he is one of the strongest mortals, so that probably play a part. After all, the Demon Hunters followed him, even while they were thinking that he was a madman, was because they considered him the only one capable of defeating the Legion. That is probably their biased opinion, but it should also tell part of his power. Even when he was extremely weakened, he was still put up a good fight against us and Maiev, after all. Not to mention he was the first one who did some real damage on the Legion since eons ago.

And he didn't give Azshara the Demon Soul so she could summon Sargeras in the latest version of that story (Knaak's WoTA triology). He was planning to use that portal to do what happened - banishing all demons back to Twisting Nether - and he let Tyrande + Malfurion knew his intentions before the demons were defeated. A rash action, indeed, but not without good intention.
    he is immortal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I think Blizzard will turn him once more into some lamo one-dimensional action-hero in dark. I'm not a big Illidan Fan because I don't like his "Half-Demon Demon-Hunter with Blindfold, tribal-tatoos and dualwield doube-blades", it lets the people from Blizz kinda look like some Teenagers who would think that thats cool, but he was always pretty well written. I kinda liked that all those angsty Teenager who hype him because they feel less insecure when they think about him portrayed him as some kind of tragic hero, while the only tragedy in his life was, that he was a narcissist. He got everything a commoner of his age could dream of, but it was never enough, all he ever wanted in his life was more.
    that is why you have blindfolds to hide it unless you hate Demon Hunters appearance in general then I don't know what to say to you because the complain sounds.....stupid to me,no offense.every class is unique.

I didn't paid much attention to the glaives that NPC have.they were always big.

responding here because the other thread is closed .
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-04-14 at 07:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    that is why you have blindfolds to hide it unless you hate Demon Hunters appearance in general then I don't know what to say to you because the complain sounds.....stupid to me,no offense.every class is unique.

I didn't paid much attention to the glaives that NPC have.they were always big.

I mean

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/477761.jpg

compared to

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20090613151730

Which was more simple but I think looked better.

Deleted
    I like the first one better.it fits the lore because in Illidan Novel you got scales,wings,horns and etc.those things are optional.tbh,every race in WoW seems bad,especially NE male.the real DH art is really amazing.

everyone has their own tastes.a large amount of people love how they look.
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-04-14 at 04:43 PM.

he is immortal.
    Fine, "mortal" might not be appropriate, non-god then. A better definition escaped my mind just now, but think of that as being similar to other powerful mortals beings (Malfurion, Khadgar, Thrall, etc.) as opposed to the god / demigod figures (Elune, Wild Gods, Naaru, etc.) =p
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Fine, "mortal" might not be appropriate, non-god then. A better definition escaped my mind just now, but think of that as being similar to other powerful mortals beings (Malfurion, Khadgar, Thrall, etc.) as opposed to the god / demigod figures (Elune, Wild Gods, Naaru, etc.) =p
    tbh he is probably more powerful than some Demigods.

Kinda unrelated to the discussion probably, but I have a quick question. On the iBooks store you can buy either "World of Warcraft: Illidan" for 7 euros which is 320 pages or "Illidan: World of Warcraft" for 14 euros with 336 pages. Anyone have any idea what the difference is between these two versions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Oh look, a thread turned into a pile of shit by VoP/Rainforest. We missed that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I was thinking that the whole "Illidan becomes a Champion of the Light" thing was going to be the climax of the book, but it turns out that it's basically more an aside than anything else. While it factors into the culmination of the plot it's not really relevant to the events of TBC or likely Legion - the book kind of plays out as a narrative version of explaining what Illidan was up to during the events of TBC where we weren't interacting with him. Turns out he had a lot of irons in the fire that we just didn't get to witness.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    You can make one like him, you still have the normal skin color options and, i think, the no horns option too

Deleted
    Oh look, a thread turned into a pile of shit by VoP/Rainforest. We missed that!
    yeah,guy is funny as hell.

Deleted
    Im enjoying this new lore... Ill reserves a good redemption story afet BC.

Alright. Just been reading the book.

It really looks like the elder naaru is perhaps the oldest and strongest of its kind, but despite this it seems to hold surprisingly little sway with the others.
    He sensed the presence of more than just mortals down there. He discerned the pulsing of naaru. So much for the promises the elder naaru had made back on Argus. It looked as if only one of them had faith in his destiny. The beings down there were certainly against him.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post

It really looks like the elder naaru is perhaps the oldest and strongest of its kind, but despite this it seems to hold surprisingly little sway with the others.
    Didn't the eldar Naruu tell him this destiny comes at a price? Losing his kingdom etc certainly seems like a price.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    I read the Illidan novel and its pretty good.

7+ Year Old Account

I'm not so sure that this is a conclusion that we can leap to. It may be that the Elder Naaru was on a sort of reconnaissance mission on his own, in secret, after seeing visions of the champions he spoke to Illidan about. He was obviously out quietly scouting for them. And that mark he put on Illidan's forehead -- I think it kept his soul from dying altogether. At the end of the book it says Illidan saw it in front of him, and then a little later Vandel hears him speaking.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Here's a thought, what if Velen and the elder naruu are BOTH right? Anduin could easily be on the battlefield, in armor. Not necessarily fighting but just sort of leading it, while Illidan is the VANGUARD, spearheading the assault? The naruu said Illidan would become "A" champion of light. Not "THE" one and only champion of light. Anduin could easily still have his role to play.
    This too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    I'm not so sure that this is a conclusion that we can leap to. It may be that the Elder Naaru was on a sort of reconnaissance mission on his own, in secret, after seeing visions of the champions he spoke to Illidan about. He was obviously out quietly scouting for them. And that mark he put on Illidan's forehead -- I think it kept his soul from dying altogether.
    that's weird because his soul would be sent to the Twisting Nether.now that I think about it,when Gul'dan finds him he is still alive.he later separates his soul from his body and then it is send to the TN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    Illidan being super redeemed champion of Light is....unexpected to say the least.
    Though, Light worshipping Night Elves would be an odd thing.
    Nothing surprising at all after Metzen's teasing from the last few years..

naaru = dumb fuckwit windchimes confirmed :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552