Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care if people play a private server, mind your own business

Creating martyrs is an idea that turned out quite well in the past.

But hey, let's make some rules against things which are already not allowed.

Deleted
    How about a petition that will force blizzard to make Americ.. i mean Azeroth great again?

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Why do you care if people play a private server, mind your own business
    I agree with this. It does not impact you in any way.

petitions are pointless and its aready illegal

but yes pirated trash shouldnt be allowed

lol at this thread.

yeah good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    OP needs name change to wannabewhiteknight.

How bored / sad / deluded do you have to be to make this thread?
    Ironic given your reply, and wouldnt a white knight be fully in support of blizzard on any subject.
    You make that accusation on a single narrow subject matter, without looking or discussing with them anything else.
    So now who is sad or deluded ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Whilst I support the logic: "No matter how bad live gets, Private Servers are still against the TOS." This is probably not what the creators of change.org had in mind when they created their organisation. Don't create petitions to passive-aggressively make your point.

Just go to the Winchester, grab a pint and wait for this whole thing to blow over.

10+ Year Old Account
    curious; what makes these servers illegal? i dont think anyone stole blizzards server side code, pretty sure they made their own from scratch. so all people are doing is taking the software they paid for and changing a line telling it to connect to a non-blizzard server. shouldnt the onus be on blizzard to make their client NOT connect to anything but a blizzard server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    OP needs name change to wannabewhiteknight.

How bored / sad / deluded do you have to be to make this thread?
    Dunno, as bored sad and deluded people were to make the other one?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

In principal I agree an MMORPG should not have legacy servers splitting the community. The problem is that WoW has moved so far away from what it was, that it does not feel like the same game anymore.

Blizzard thinks they will be able to restore WoW to greatness, but so many mechanics has fundamentaly broken the game. For instance, the joy and struggle of making gold to afford say an epic mount. Now, you can just buy the gold for real money, and all the "required" stuff like enchants is dirt cheap to buy. There is nothing they can do to fix the gold struggle at this point.

If people loved current WoW and the community was amazingly strong, I would sign Now, I support the legacy server fighters.

I was watching the end of Nostalarius last night and I must say it brought back memories from a different day in WoW. A day where epic loot was truly epic. A day where people did things in the world, could not fly and had to explore to find things. A day where quest objectives were not lit up on the map. A day where the game took more time to play but was so fun to experience.

I loved those days. As a professional with kids I no longer have the time to invest that I did back in vanilla. But the game was so much more open and enjoyable. I miss those days. The game had so much to offer and so many hidden things that developers didn't care if you ever found them or not. Now, the game has no imagination. If wow would go back to putting people in Azeroth and make people invest time to get things I would love the game again. I would be a casual but I would still love it.

I would not support a petition like this. In fact, after seeing the vanilla server I am likely to try and find one. I might not ever hit 60, but it is going to be so much fun.

It turns out nost had 800k accounts and 120k active players. You want to know if people think Vanilla was better than the current state? Those numbers will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    curious; what makes these servers illegal? i dont think anyone stole blizzards server side code, pretty sure they made their own from scratch. so all people are doing is taking the software they paid for and changing a line telling it to connect to a non-blizzard server. shouldnt the onus be on blizzard to make their client NOT connect to anything but a blizzard server?
    reverse engineering it is illegal without permission, as well as using their assets, artwork, trademarked names, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieval Man View Post
    "Let's ban people for having an opinion that I don't like."

This petition is completely pointless cause Blizzard can already ban whoever they want.
    Let's make a 800 page megathread because the company doesn't like something that I do.

15+ Year Old Account
    im sure these kind of things REALLY helps out Blizzard, u and the other 100 ppl who sign it will REALLY help out the multi-billion dollar company
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    I was watching the end of Nostalarius last night and I must say it brought back memories from a different day in WoW. A day where epic loot was truly epic. A day where people did things in the world, could not fly and had to explore to find things. A day where quest objectives were not lit up on the map. A day where the game took more time to play but was so fun to experience.

I loved those days. As a professional with kids I no longer have the time to invest that I did back in vanilla. But the game was so much more open and enjoyable. I miss those days. The game had so much to offer and so many hidden things that developers didn't care if you ever found them or not. Now, the game has no imagination. If wow would go back to putting people in Azeroth and make people invest time to get things I would love the game again. I would be a casual but I would still love it.

I would not support a petition like this. In fact, after seeing the vanilla server I am likely to try and find one. I might not ever hit 60, but it is going to be so much fun.

It turns out nost had 800k accounts and 120k active players. You want to know if people think Vanilla was better than the current state? Those numbers will tell you the truth.
    So wait, 120k active players, which is the smallest fraction of live serves proves what? 120k people want to play an older game for fun? Those numbers aren't exactly working for your point there dude..

Petition about starting petitions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Petition threads are not allowed here