Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I was fairly deep into my weapon by level cap. Just a few point short of blast furnace from spaming dungeons. I think it is capable in a week or so myself if you are willing to grind it.
    As already stated in the OP, early in the Alpha (until recently actually) dungeons used to drop a shitload of AP items. That's not the case right now (and probably on Live too).

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Little question to alpha testers about that. There'll be Relics which give x lvls of a trait. Say you have said relic to give you 3 lvls on a trait. Is it then possible to skip that trait, as it virtually is lvl 3?
    Artifact tree is buggy - relics seem to allow you to leapfrog artifacts, and as of last build I don't seem to require putting 3 ranks in again.

I'm not sure if leapfrogging will be allowed or disabled by live, though.

I also think that Blizz mentioned somewhere, that you should have your first golden trait by lvl 110. Think it was blizzcon.
    I got mine at 110, but that was solely because of the above skipping. If you don't go out of your way to get AP and just quest level htere's a good chance you won't as current. A bit of effort on the side would get you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    As already stated in the OP, early in the Alpha (until recently actually) dungeons used to drop a shitload of AP items. That's not the case right now (and probably on Live too).
    They give a set amount for completing them now though less then the drops I still suspect they will be the quickest way unless the place holder chest from completing four world quests in a zone is chalked full of artifact power.

World quests are so fast they'd probably be faster than how dungeons currently go anyway - but I expect the dungeons to be faster on live.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    World quests are so fast they'd probably be faster than how dungeons currently go anyway - but I expect the dungeons to be faster on live.
    True but what way is the most effective will really be down to what are in the placeholder chests. Even as a group we didn't come across any artifact reward quests just gear,gold,and resources.

I think there were 4 artifact reward quests available to me last night, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I got mine at 110, but that was solely because of the above skipping. If you don't go out of your way to get AP and just quest level htere's a good chance you won't as current. A bit of effort on the side would get you there.
    I feel ap gain could be gained during leveling in such a way that players will very likely get to one of them very near the time 110 is reached. That's coming from the feeling of wanting to feel a bit more powerful after that last ding.
    Like if the ap multiplier was low until the point where that first golden trait is earned, then the ap multiplier spikes to the values we see now.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    These are the current ways to get AP. Some with RNG some you know.

- Quest Mobs RNG 25-100. Epic AP Drop is 100
    - Rares/Elites RNG 25-100
    - Legion Normal Dungeon Queue 25 Completion
    - Legion Heroic Dungeon 50 - Completion
    - PvP - ??
    - End of Story in Quest Zones - 100
    - Random drops from Dungeons - 25-100
    - World Quests 40 from Objectuve style qeusts
    - World Quest Cache 80-?
    - Class Order Hall Missions - ??

I feel like with 305k needed. This does not seem like a "mythic raider maxes out in 2 weeks" Kind of deal. I am estimating for someone like me who sits and plays it for living 12 hours a day more during launches will take 1-2 months.

How long will you take you think?

Note: reason why some of us currently in Alpha have a lot unlocked is because bosses USE to drop 100-150 tokens in dungeons now they don't.

And please correct any of my information.
    Will probably take months for most people, As you said you play it for a living for someone with a 9-5 job (Like me) i don't get back into my house until 5:45 and raids are normally start at 6:30 so i have that ltitle time to go do Dungeons. Possibly some world missions and any rares. Although i am glad it will take me months, I don't feel like something that is one of the major points in legion would be over in a couple weeks and i may even need to level 2 other dps artifacts in case next tier the spec is better damage wise so will take alot of farming and even longer to max out 3 dps specs.

I think the rate we were getting AP on alpha before the nerf was pretty decent and I can say that if you play average 4/5 hours a day you could be done pretty fast maybe 1/2 weeks. Not a fan of the AP we get now feels like it takes forever and I would like to be done on a couple of chars by the time Nighthold releases.

Seen a few contrasting posts. Is there a weekly cap on obtaining AP? If so is it one of the ridiculous ones where you can max it out in 3 hours of gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    I think the rate we were getting AP on alpha before the nerf was pretty decent and I can say that if you play average 4/5 hours a day you could be done pretty fast maybe 1/2 weeks. Not a fan of the AP we get now feels like it takes forever and I would like to be done on a couple of chars by the time Nighthold releases.
    So what you're saying is, You want one of the main aspects of legion to be over in a matter of weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Seen a few contrasting posts. Is there a weekly cap on obtaining AP? If so is it one of the ridiculous ones where you can max it out in 3 hours of gameplay?
    I believe earlier in the alpha there was a "knowledge level" that gated how many traits you could get based on your character level. Right now it doesnt sound like there is any cap at 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyvendaal View Post
    Is there still the limitation of only having 10 nodes unlocked at the same time at the start of capping at 110? And I saw on a stream, that the 2nd node costing 325 AP instead of 200 AP like it was previously, have AP costs been increased? Haven't seen it noted anywhere. :s

OT: Quite a very long time, which I'm happy for. Always having a goal to work towards, I like it.
    Its 325 on alpha now for the second one.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    which is exactly what Blizzard isn't aiming for.

From the very first time we heard this feature, they categorically stated that you'd be improving the artifact throughout the expansion instead of doing it within a month of launch.

Well it's personal preference.. I like to play with my char at full power. I remember them saying you will be able to fully unlock it in 1/2 months maybe before that if you play a lot. The appearances and relics will take more time to earn.

Well it's personal preference.. I like to play with my char at full power. I remember them saying you will be able to fully unlock it in 1/2 months maybe before that if you play a lot. The appearances and relics will take more time to earn.
    I'm pretty sure that was said from streamers, but it was based in PH stuff that we had on Alpha.

No it was an interview to some blizz developer. I haven't watched any alpha stream tbh since I have alpha aswell.
    We'll see when things are final I think they are testing now.

7+ Year Old Account
    OMG, Blizzard I love you for this, let it take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG LONG TIME TO UNLOCK artifact, so that we can chill and stay cosy with our main, there is no hurry only pleasure in taking our time to enjoy the WORLD of Warcraft.

GG BLIZZARD ^^

PS: to the few people who want to be done in 2 weeks, you have been crying for content forever, now you will get it and you cry since the content takes to much time... Shush you Spoiled CHILD :P

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was said from streamers, but it was based in PH stuff that we had on Alpha.
    Blizzard di say it would take a couple months to max it out, Which i hope they are keeping to, I don't want it to be over in just a few weeks.