Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Mission tables were very much a part of that experience and thus, many, if not the vast majority, simply don't want them back - AT ALL. Basically as a complete and utter rebuttal towards the expansion. Blizzard could've practiced some good faith here and done as much but instead, they want to do what they want to do, and are now taking an unnecessary risk concerning a feature that simply has no place in the game.
    So much this. After being kicked in the nuts once I am in no way willing to stand there and listen to blizzard tell me how it's gonna be better, how they listened. While still winding up for a second kick. Tables where bad enough to sour players on the whole idea, and nothing blizzard can say is going to make those set against it want to put themselves on the line again
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    So much this. After being kicked in the nuts once I am in no way willing to stand there and listen to blizzard tell me how it's gonna be better, how they listened. While still winding up for a second kick. Tables where bad enough to sour players on the whole idea, and nothing blizzard can say is going to make those set against it want to put themselves on the line again
    So very true. It just wasn't liked enough to try and sway all the negativity that is coming with mission tables for as few that claim to have enjoyed it. Especially so when even blizzard says they don't consider it "content".

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget, Final Fantasy 14 is really fun guys!

I might have missed something while I was gone but I thought Order Halls mission would send YOU on quests? Did they change their opinion? What a bummer. They say it's optional but how optional will they be really?

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Good bye then, don't trip on the table on your way out. I mean seriously if something like the tables was so bad for you its funny. So again..... bye!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post

I might have missed something while I was gone but I thought Order Halls mission would send YOU on quests? Did they change their opinion? What a bummer. They say it's optional but how optional will they be really?
    They will, just they aren't implemented (the rewards ergo the quests you get as rewards)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account

Looks like resources will be an absolute joke to farm

Quote Originally Posted by broflmao View Post

IMHO, it'll be tweaked, in WoD alpha/beta garrisons were rewarding shitton of resources.

Deleted

Having to do quests in dungeons for order resources? What the f***, Blizz, remove that! (joking)

That's why people need to calm there tits and use their brains first. This is nothing different from the old dungeon dailies for valor in WotLK or tabard rep farming in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    IMHO, it'll be tweaked, in WoD alpha/beta garrisons were rewarding shitton of resources.
    Actually, considering that is a dungeon quest, it's about the right amount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    I dont like it. That gcd.. And that combat system.. i prefer action combat gameplay nowadays. With combos and priorities.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    I like how no one commented about the person who has actually done the hall mission at the cap, they all just keep bitching about nothing, preach's vid is so true about people grabbing something about WoW and just bitching for the sake of bitching....
    It's pretty natural to gravitate towards opinions that reflect your own. Looking at opposing views can be VERY uncomfortable for some.
    I might do a video today if possible regarding max level table-ing. Part of the reason the table feels less significant is the long mission times regarding the dungeon quest rewards they offer. In that regard those missions don't flow well against the world quest system. I need to sit down for a bit longer to analyze that piece of the endgame pie though.

- - - Updated - - -

The last talent in the order hall tree now requires 100K resources. This was changed from the most previous build.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I'm less fond of the quests that just give gold.
    Well it's a good thing to have some for filler (regarding the emissary quests) just in case, but they're obviously not as compelling as "stuff."
    An analysis video is under way, but I typically don't produce on the weekend.

They should just abandon the entire idea of mission tables for class order halls because it kills the entire RPG element (of what that exists!). Its the reason I am holding my subscription on WoW atm. And so is for the most of my guild.

On a constructive note, here is something what I think they could do (and its free for anyone to adapt) :

Once we get our first artifact weapon, we could be set on a path to form a taskforce to cull the legion forces spawning around the world.

How do we make it happen?

Stage 1: Setup a Communication Hub (After we acquire the artifact weapon)

Alliance has the Gnomish Engineers and Horde (FTH!!) has Goblins - USE THEM!!

Alliance: Send the player to Gnomeregan and recruit someone important (dont know relevant characters there, insert names/series of quests spanning to recruitment)

Horde: Send the player to the floating pub in the middle of Thousand Needles and as mentioned above, do the recruitment, series of quests here too, maybe some errands, you know the drill.

The quests would revolve around the player convincing the NPCs to join us and even acquiring some legion tech. In the end, we will have a communication hub setup for our taskforce.

Stage 2: Recruitment of Taskforce Members (during leveling to endgame)

Along the path of leveling, we run into NPCs who we can recruit into our taskforce (similar to followers). The catch would be that their availability for the daily missions depends on the day of the week. They will be having class-related skill specialties in the form of traits, like followers.

Stage 3: Establish systems to Legion Forces around Azeroth (Daily,endgame)

Instead of a mission table, lets have a crystal from one of the chiefs of the Legion (not sure about the ranking, but you get the idea). It will be powered by the soul fragments of the legion forces we collect from our kills in Azuna. The whole idea is to be legion-centric RPG. Nothing else.

Now once we have this setup, this is what I have in mind for implementation for the dailies:

We assign available NPCs (single or teams, our choice) from our taskforce to multiple legion hubs across azeroth. We also have an option to make a team of our own and head out to Azeroth. A team will involve a maximum of 3 members.

If we form a team of our own, the reward will include loot for our character progression. Else it will be limited to the NPCs only like ilvl upgrade for followers, maybe something cosmetic for players.

We will receive continuous relay of their progress. If things go south, we have the option to command our team to pull back OR teleport to their position to help them out.

After successfully completing the missions for the day (each NPC can only be involved in 1 mission a day), we are rewarded with the eligible loot.

To make things interesting, they can add a multiplier for the damage and health of the legion forces against our followers to avoid repetition. Like say, if I sent a team to Westfall today, the next time the same members head to Westfall, against the same force, they will be facing a slightly harder mob than the previous time. Or They could just make it a named mob, which has a multiplier against the follower NPCs

There is no way to determine the chance of success like how we see it on the mission table now. We can determine what can be countered.

This is my 2 cents. I feel there should be more active player missions rather than a passive progression by clicking a few buttons. Its not RPG. I feel, like this, we get a choice.

This is completely original idea and as of now, I have not taken the time to see if this exists on some other forum on the web (pretty sure this has been thought out by someone else). Its not completely flushed out and there are some loopholes, still I feel its feasible given that its still in alpha.

I am currently not subbed on WoW, so if you feel its worth a shot, go ahead and link it on the WoW forums.
    Last edited by obscurede; 2016-04-15 at 04:09 PM.
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    Weekly lockouts have always made sense.

Flight is another thing I think you misunderstand SirCowdog. Flight should stay the way it is, the way they are planning it. Because you know, I'd actually love to see other people around...

The direct design towards milking the subscriber base however, that is the problem.
    Come on over to the No Flight in 7.0 thread and read up on just how wrong you are about what you just said about flight.

As for weekly lockouts? The ONLY purpose those serve is to pad subscription profits. It serves NO actual gameplay reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    As for weekly lockouts? The ONLY purpose those serve is to pad subscription profits. It serves NO actual gameplay reason.
    Whoa, might want to loosen that tinfoil hat a bit bro. If there weren't weekly lockouts, sales runs would be even more prevalent than they are already. There needs some kind of system in place to prevent players from abusing the fuck out people.

Also raids would get fucking boring in a month tops.

Are you people ever happy? Do you go through life grumbling about everything? Man its worse than wow GD over here, how depressing.
    Smile like you mean it.

If there were no lockouts, what stops guilds from farming the hell out of the easy bosses and getting geared quickly to make the rest of the instance irrelevant?

Yes lockouts slow down player progression, that is the point.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Whoa, might want to loosen that tinfoil hat a bit bro. If there weren't weekly lockouts, sales runs would be even more prevalent than they are already. There needs some kind of system in place to prevent players from abusing the fuck out people.
    Abusing people how, exactly? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Also raids would get fucking boring in a month tops.
    What does that tell you about the content, then? If the only way to ensure players keep playing weak content is to STOP them from playing it....well...there's something wrong with that, don't you think?

How, exactly, does locking people out of playing the game make it better? If the lockout wasn't there, you'd play the game as much as you wanted before going to do something else, most likely cancelling your sub until something new was released. The content would stand on it's own merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    If there were no lockouts, what stops guilds from farming the hell out of the easy bosses and getting geared quickly to make the rest of the instance irrelevant?

Yes lockouts slow down player progression, that is the point.
    yeah.. it's basically there to keep people from killing themselves /getting burnt out insanely fast. if there weren't lockouts, world prog guilds would totally just farm it indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull22 View Post
    yeah.. it's basically there to keep people from killing themselves /getting burnt out insanely fast. if there weren't lockouts, world prog guilds would totally just farm it indefinitely
    And why would that matter? Who cares if someone wants to nolife a game for a week straight? In fact, people do it in other games(of ALL genres) all the time without it impacting the quality of the game.

And why would that matter? Who cares if someone wants to nolife a game for a week straight? In fact, people do it in other games(of ALL genres) all the time without it impacting the quality of the game.
    There wouldn't be any carrot on the end of the stick. Mythic raiders would simply farm the instance for BiS gear then turn around and sell it indefinitely or get burnt out. At least the weekly lockout inhibits this kind of behavior behind alts which isn't much better but if you honestly can't see the irrevocable damage removing weekly lockouts would do to this game (and worse yet, somehow think that it's "padding subscription numbers"), you're probably also the kind of person who'd get pissy at Blizzard for not having flying at the beginning of an expansion, too.