Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    No. The ebon blade should die.
    Like Tirion did? Blizz made him die like a scrub lol

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Which sounds quite weird.. She's after his corpse or something?

Any word on how he dies? How couldn't have the light empower him? I mean the Light did so at the Icecrown Citadel where the light doesn't exist almost
    It's likely that Lady Liadrin is there to prevent the Death Knights from resurrecting Tirion, out of respect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Tirion was going to do it because he was the only one there to take it.
    The whole quest pisses me off.
    Attacking an ally
    Killing people for 1 guy
    Tirion's death has been made hollow
    Killed and then raised 5 seconds later is annoying they couldn't even have waited for a few patches.

Tirion should have stayed dead and been with his son.
    We dont even know , if we kill anyone in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    We dont even know , if we kill anyone in there.
    I don't think "Slaughter Light's Hope Chapel" is a very appropriate stage name if they aren't intending to cause any deaths.

I'm torn on this. This overall storyline is pretty interesting, but outright butchering paladins and defeating one of their biggest champions is strikingly similar to Darion's first trip there in Wrath. Only this time he succeeds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I don't think "Slaughter Light's Hope Chapel" is a very appropriate stage name if they aren't intending to cause any deaths.

I'm torn on this. This overall storyline is pretty interesting, but outright butchering paladins and defeating one of their biggest champions is strikingly similar to Darion's first trip there in Wrath. Only this time he succeeds.
    Where did u get that name from? I see nothing in the notes.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

Wait do you kill Liadrin? If you do you just made enemies of the Blood elves, Lor'themar would go apeshit X 10
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Wait do you kill Liadrin? If you do you just made enemies of the Blood elves, Lor'themar would go apeshit X 10
    Liadrin is a champion for paladin class hall , so I highly doubt it.

How is this going to mesh well in the future?
    If you're a DK, no matter what you are about to make yourself an enemy of basically every variation of "Paladin" even if it's for the 'greater good'. And I wonder how Tirion must feel if you personally killed any Paladins to retrieve his corpse.
    After this, if there are any questlines that has any paladins there and you're a DK, will they just not acknowledge the fact that you essentially did the metaphorical equivalent of breaking into the funeral of a war vet and sticking your **** in the widow's mouth before flipping everyone the bird and driving off with the corpse hanging from your car?

we're not gunna kill Lor'themar's waifu

Deleted
    Logically everyone would go apeshit. They piss off the Forsaken, the Paladins and probably the Humans and the Orcs. In every Race were Paladins are a thing, they have a high social standing, so the Silver Hand could probably also turn the Tauren, the Draenei, the Blood Elves and the Dwarfs against the Ebon Blade.

It's also stupid that Tirion would serve the Ebon Blade if he hears about how they got to him in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Logically everyone would go apeshit. They piss off the Forsaken, the Paladins and probably the Humans and the Orcs. In every Race were Paladins are a thing, they have a high social standing, so the Silver Hand could probably also turn the Tauren, the Draenei, the Blood Elves and the Dwarfs against the Ebon Blade.
    It does make sense that DKs and Paladins would be natural enemies. The Ashen Verdict was only an allegiance out of necessity wasn't it?

I do miss class drama! Hunters and Druids hating eachother, warlocks and mages hating eachother.

I want a questline where hunters kill a venerated and beloved animal aspect revered by the Druids because it's "one hell of a trophy".
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-04-15 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    we're not gunna kill Lor'themar's waifu
    I don't think a real person (game wise) can be called a waifu
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Honestly? I hope that the scenario is a fight of pragmatism and necessity against honor and respect. The only way this can work is that the Death Knights don't kill any Silver Hand during the assault and all the dialogue referring to the clash of ideologies and not of enmity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    It does make sense that DKs and Paladins would be natural enemies. The Ashen Verdict was only an allegiance out of necessity wasn't it?

I do miss class drama! Hunters and Druids hating eachother, warlocks and mages hating eachother.

I want a questline where hunters kill a venerated and beloved animal aspect revered by the Druids because it's "one hell of a trophy".
    Problem is, the Ebon Blade would be totally fucked with every Paladin as his enemy. Nobody likes the Ebon Blade, Death Knights are Arthas former Bitches and only mere Weapons the factions use. Paladins on the other hands are well respected Heroes. For the Alliance, they are the Champions of the holy Light, for the Blood Elves, they are the Elite Order and Moral Compass of Quel'thalas, for the Tauren they are probably Champions of An'she, the Sun itself. Death Knights have a reputation of merciless and corrupted Killers who use the magic of the Scourge. Paladins have a reputation as Paragons of Justice, Dedication and Morals. Paladins could easily bully the Death Knights out of the Alliance and the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    I dunno man, just what was Arthas trying to prove anyway? It's as though he needed justification for the things he has done. It's like "hey, you guys curse my name but you'll end up the same as me, you'll see" but what does it accomplish? Or did Arthas orchestrated this whole thing because he yearns for understanding? Did the small part of his soul that remained human want empathy? It either makes perfect sense or I need to get some sleep.
    No, it's simply Arthas' personality. With or without humanity, he's still Arthas. And if there's a trait of Arthas that remained attached to him despite the loss of his soul is pride. No desire of empathy or any other second-guesses, he just sadistically desired to see other people fall in the same way he did, likely prove or attempt to prove that all the blabber about righteousness would have eventually been thrown away in the pursue of vengeance. This is evident when Arthas taunted and wanted us to unleash our "rage" on him or how he wondered amused if righteousness was what truly motivated our actions (once he killed us and began the raising spell).

One of the Ebon Blade in Icecrown even said that Arthas' pride grew the more his power grew. And Uther said that what held the Scourge was the last piece of Arthas remained inside the Lich King's mind. He never said that such "piece" was his humanity or anything good, nor he intended "holding the Scourge" as an act of good will. That's why he tried to convince Jaina of how damn pointless was to try anything but simply kick Arthas' butt. Heck, Arthas right after that will ridicule Jaina for searching "something" (aka, the last vestiges of his humanity) he destroyed himself.

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    That scene really got me. His voice actor was on point and that screaming. ; /
    Little fact not many are aware of: Tirion is voiced by a certain unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    No, it's simply Arthas' personality. With or without humanity, he's still Arthas. And if there's a trait of Arthas that remained attached to him despite the loss of his soul is pride. No desire of empathy or any other second-guesses, he just sadistically desired to see other people fall in the same way he did, likely prove or attempt to prove that all the blabber about righteousness would have eventually been thrown away in the pursue of vengeance. This is evident when Arthas taunted and wanted us to unleash our "rage" on him or how he wondered amused if righteousness was what truly motivated our actions (once he killed us and began the raising spell).

One of the Ebon Blade in Icecrown even said that Arthas' pride grew the more his power grew. And Uther said that what held the Scourge was the last piece of Arthas remained inside the Lich King's mind. He never said that such "piece" was his humanity or anything good, nor he intended "holding the Scourge" as an act of good will. That's why he tried to convince Jaina of how damn pointless was to try anything but simply kick Arthas' butt. Heck, Arthas right after that will ridicule Jaina for searching "something" (aka, the last vestiges of his humanity) he destroyed himself.

Didn't Tirion pretty much destroyed Arthas Heart?
    Last edited by mmocfbbaf337eb; 2016-04-15 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

Holy shit that's why I always wanted to ride to ruin when I heard Tirion talk. A damn shame he is dying. Rip Theoden my king
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, he offered to become the Lich King
    In the end another great Paladin took that place, it's quite different.
    He can offer to become the Lich King.
    He can offer to become a Horseman.
    All of that is fine as long as they don't actually do it.

So now they invade Light's Hope, they battle Liadrin and defile Tirion's corpse.
    I do wonder how Blizzard plans on making up for this.. This ironically brings me to: "Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?"
    He didnt offer to become the Lich King , he was about to become him! He even argued with Bolvar , how it should be him! The death knights wont raise him as a horseman without his permission , same with the 3 other horsemen , they will agree to it of their own free will.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit that's why I always wanted to ride to ruin when I heard Tirion talk. A damn shame he is dying. Rip Theoden my king
    Idd , such a gr8 actor and voice actor.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

He did , he destroyed him with the Ashbringer , nearly died himself and badly wounded Arthas.

Deleted
    I also have a question:

Why do people actually like Tirion Fordring? What makes him a character you care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The heart was the literal proof of Arthas' loss of humanity: he removed the thing himself to get rid of all emotions, doubts and second-guesses. It's pretty much the point of the whole chain. It was Tirion who hoped for a miraculous redemption, but he concluded too that the heart merely held "shadows of the past" and there was nothing to be redeemed, mostly because Arthas didn't want to be redeemed.

Well, seems he's coming back as Deathbringer Theoden.

But yeah Bernard Hill is a wonderful actor, delivered so many great performances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.