Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Then break the relationship don't cheat?
    Perhaps some people don't want to throw away years of a life they built that they still largely enjoy with their spouse just to satisfy natural tendencies. It is their relationship, so only their moral standards matter

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really care about your wife why do you need other women? I could understand where the husband realizes he's gay or whatever.
    You can care about more than one person at once, you can have a stronger sex drive than your partner and still care for them, there are numerous reasons why some people may be okay with their partner having sex with other people. Some of them might get off on it, different horses for different courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Perhaps some people don't want to throw away years of a life they built that they still largely enjoy with their spouse just to satisfy natural tendencies. It is their relationship, so only their moral standards matter
    "Natural tendencies" is a terrible standard that I really shouldn't have to give details as to why.

Less effort looking at all the greener grass and more effort making your own grass greener would probably work wonders for most people. Frankly the average couple royally sucks at communication, especially in the bedroom, so it simply feels easier to tap the nearest shiny instead of putting an ounce of elbow grease and polish into what they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf
    If you really care about your wife why do you need other women?
    What makes you think that having sex with other women implies that you don't care about your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    What makes you think that having sex with other women implies that you don't care about your wife?
    Because you aren't sexing her.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should really determine the sex of the person before marriage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf
    That doesn't answer the question.

Not only "to care" and "to have sex" are not the same thing, but having sex with person A rather than person B doesn't mean you don't like having sex with person B or that you like person A better. Preferences are not static.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    "Natural tendencies" is a terrible standard that I really shouldn't have to give details as to why.
    Natural tendencies is the only relevant matter in this regard. Attraction is not something that is created or molded. It either exists or it doesn't. If you've built a life, family, etc, with someone with whom you're no longer attracted to, there is no "moral" obligation to forfeit your own needs. Two people can discuss the issue and if it's mutually agreeable, find a medium in which those needs are fulfilled without sacrificing the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    It seems some people still believe that "love" and sex are mutually inclusive. I often wonder about people who talk about "love" as if it's some fairy tale, religious or "moral" goal or phenomenon.

Deleted
    It's in man's nature to spread his seed it's hard coded into every one of us and women too, I don't find it shocking at all if it works it works good on them. You only live once get out there enjoy it safely because...shit happens------then you die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems the definition of love has changed in the 21st century. I at least don't have the will to even think of cheating on my girlfriend, let alone wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You should really determine the sex of the person before marriage.
    Alright, that made me chuckle. Nicely played.

Natural tendencies is the only relevant matter in this regard. Attraction is not something that is created or molded. It either exists or it doesn't. If you've built a life, family, etc, with someone with whom you're no longer attracted to, there is no "moral" obligation to forfeit your own needs. Two people can discuss the issue and if it's mutually agreeable, find a medium in which those needs are fulfilled without sacrificing the relationship.
    Attraction is absolutely created and molded, beyond the basics of vaguely opposite sex or what have you. For attraction to disappear after a supposed lifetime of building and family... then there are OTHER issues that need addressing and attraction is largely a cop out. If the person that revved your engine years ago hasn't done so in a long while, looking for greener pastures instead of figuring out the weeds in your own lawn is entirely on you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Attraction is absolutely created and molded, beyond the basics of vaguely opposite sex or what have you.
    Attraction is innate and while it can evolve or change over time, it's not based on conscious selection.

For attraction to disappear after a supposed lifetime of building and family... then there are OTHER issues that need addressing and attraction is largely a cop out. If the person that revved your engine years ago hasn't done so in a long while, looking for greener pastures instead of figuring out the weeds in your own lawn is entirely on you.
    People change over time, both emotionally and physically. Some go crazy while others get fat or seem to age faster than their spouse. Being with someone for a long time does not imply a continuation of the initial attraction or even a continuation of any attraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    woman just found out the kink of cuckolding . more will be into it when they are sexually liberated

also because they cant find something better
    There's nothing wrong with a good cuck queen.

I'm just amazed that this type of relationship is gaining traction, considering the "sanctity of marriage" bullshit.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Seems like a mature way to go about it, although i doubt its for anyone.
    Sex and love are not the same nor mutually exclusive.

I've recently faced the situation myself. Good relationship, 7 years in. In the process of buying a house together. My GF was out with friends and slept with another guy in a drunk horney mood. She came clean the very next morning as she coulnd bear with the guilt. I decided to give her another chance. Regardless of me being good looking and a passionate lover sex gets stale after 7 years, theres only so many ways and positions and props to use. Its in human nature to crave for more and stuff you cant have.

Shit happens. Passion fades. This couple knows that and obviously try to avoid the problematic situation of adultry to add this to some sort of prenup. If this makes both parties happy, go at it.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-04-15 at 07:31 PM.

Attraction is innate and while it can evolve or change over time, it's not based on conscious selection.

People change over time, both emotionally and physically. Some go crazy while others get fat or seem to age faster than their spouse. Being with someone for a long time does not imply a continuation of the initial attraction or even a continuation of any attraction.
    It most definitely IS a conscious selection, at least in part. And if shallow and petty things are causing a sudden loss or over-time loss in attraction, way to pick a mate for the worst of reasons. Probably shouldn't be getting married if you need a thin and young mate to keep you interested, otherwise you're mixing and matching and setting you and your spouse up for failure.

How is it cheating if both sides know about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd contract, but all power to them. If they have discussed and agreed on this, then good for them.

I see nothing wrong with a couple opening up their marriage to allow each other to seek out other sexual partners. If both are ok with it, then all is well. However, if one of the two have the slightest doubt about it, then you should not proceed. Polyamory has to be 100% agreed upon, else it will only end in jealousy and heart ache.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maltah View Post
    How is it cheating if both sides know about it?
    It isn't. But some people don't believe in open marriages, so they don't see it for what it is.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Not sure if that's you or the article, but if it is an explicitly and consensually open marriage, then there's no "cheating" involved.
    this.

its not cheating if both parties agree to it.

wouldn't work for me OR my husband, but I'm not the one in those particular relationships, so as long as their arrangement works for them, who am I to judge?

7+ Year Old Account
    It most definitely IS a conscious selection, at least in part.
    Physical attraction is involuntary. I'm starting to think you're one of those who thinks it's racist to not be attracted to someone of a particular race.

And if shallow and petty things are causing a sudden loss or over-time loss in attraction, way to pick a mate for the worst of reasons.
    There's nothing "shallow" or "petty" about not being attracted to your spouse getting fat/old/ugly. As I've said already, physical attraction is the foundation of an intimate relationship.

Probably shouldn't be getting married if you need a thin and young mate to keep you interested, otherwise you're mixing and matching and setting you and your spouse up for failure.
    I've no intention of getting married for that very reason.