Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Not related to what i replied to, but it's kinda funny how some people in this thread claim the game is easier than the other games and others claim it's harder. It is as i pointed out earlier, very very dependant on your playstyle how hard or easy the game will be, and what bosses you will and won't have trouble with. I feel they did a pretty good job with the difficulty curve in this game, started out easy and ending up hard, although for veterans that may of course be disappointing to us, as it takes a while before we get to something challenging, but for newcomers to the series it's probably a good thing.
    I think a lot of this comes from a slow heavy hitting or tank playstyle vs fast attacking/rolling play style. The faster pace of the game works a lot better with a roll/dodge based play style and nearly everything is easy as a result of playing like this. Pontiff being a perfect example of this.

If you play with a slower/heavy hitting build, it becomes more difficult I guess. But even so there's plenty of windows to be able to attack. Previous Souls game the slower build worked insanely well, heavy blocking/heavy weapons both made a lot of fights pretty trivial. Now it seems to be leaning towards faster builds being better and make it a lot easier.

I've also noticed some players tend to just spam roll constantly and don't focus on actually timing their dodges or paying attention to abilities. That play style is generally punished as the attack windows are a lot smaller, and mindlessly rolling away from everything can get you caught into combos.

Maybe it's just people who haven't played Souls game in a while either and re-adjusting, vs people who've invested some time and used to the pace of the game. I personally found the whole game easy, but I became used to the rolling style/timing dodges in Bloodborne, and when I got around to finishing DS2 DLC not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Well I know i'll be beating the game for each of the ending, which there are 4 of >>

Also starting on PS4 tonight.
    I thought there was only 3? Default ending "Light the first flame". Second with summoning the Fire Keeper after giving her the eyes. Third with doing the whole Yoel/Marriage quest-line. There's a 4th?

Unfortunately I missed the 3rd and need to do it again in NG+, but going back in for NG+ can just steamroll through everything now that I don't need to explore, should only take a few hours total quest-line aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    So i've come to an unexpected crossroads... After defeating the crystal sage, and some exploration, there's the path to the castle, and down to farron keep.

I've progressed both to a point, but i'm not sure what the path everybody else feels natural? I thought the castle direction was, but then i found Farron Keep incredibly easy. Havent seen a boss in yonks..
    Following the path after Crystal Sage leads to a single optional (edit: actually mandatory) boss in Deacons. Progressing through Farron Keep leads you to more bosses/mandatory progression. Both are fine, might be worth getting to Deacons first and then going through Farron Keep after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    So i've come to an unexpected crossroads... After defeating the crystal sage, and some exploration, there's the path to the castle, and down to farron keep.

I've progressed both to a point, but i'm not sure what the path everybody else feels natural? I thought the castle direction was, but then i found Farron Keep incredibly easy. Havent seen a boss in yonks..
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Following the path after Crystal Sage leads to a single optional boss in Deacons. Progressing through Farron Keep leads you to more bosses/mandatory progression. Both are fine, might be worth getting to Deacons first and then going through Farron Keep after.
    Deacons drops the Doll, good luck getting into the Boreal Valley without it!

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Deacons drops the Doll, good luck getting into the Boreal Valley without it!
    Ah right, completely forgot about that. My mistake!

So real talk: exiled knight best knight set.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So real talk: exiled knight best knight set.
    fallen knight, dat clothe physics.

Anyone else getting failed to creat summon sign message on ps4? I get it everynow and then.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

My god the RNG is strong with Aldrich in phase 2 with his arrow spam, me and my bad luck i guess. And damn Drang hammers have some nice combo's. Speaking of dual wield, insanely good in pvp from what I've seen on youtube video's.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2016-04-15 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    fallen knight, dat clothe physics.
    there's one i love more and its from one of the last bosses the dancer set the clothes are so gooooood makes me remember ciaran from ds1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    My god the RNG is strong with Aldrich in phase 2 with his arrow spam, me and my bad luck i guess. And damn Drang hammers have some nice combo's. Speaking of dual wield, insanely good in pvp from what I've seen on youtube video's.
    Just untoggle the lock on system and run away from it.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    It feels that way when you first fight him but once you understand his moveset he becomes pretty easy. You just have to play by his rules and be patient because sometimes you won't even be able to get a hit in and then others you'll be able to wail on him.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    I thought there was only 3? Default ending "Light the first flame". Second with summoning the Fire Keeper after giving her the eyes. Third with doing the whole Yoel/Marriage quest-line. There's a 4th?

Unfortunately I missed the 3rd and need to do it again in NG+, but going back in for NG+ can just steamroll through everything now that I don't need to explore, should only take a few hours total quest-line aside.
    Nope 4
    To get the 4th one, after giving the Fire Keeper her eyes wait until the screen fades to black (roughly 8 seconds) then attack her and you'll get a new ending.
    The last ending you mentioned is going to be annoying to get IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Nope 4
    To get the 4th one, after giving the Fire Keeper her eyes wait until the screen fades to black (roughly 8 seconds) then attack her and you'll get a new ending.
    The last ending you mentioned is going to be annoying to get IMO.
    Oh nice, had no idea! Thought it was a pure cut scene and couldn't interact. Awesome! Will backup NG+ save once I get there to see that one too. ^^

And yeah not looking forward to it. Missed a couple of other quest lines during my NG so at least it's not going to be just for that. Still a pain though.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It feels that way when you first fight him but once you understand his moveset he becomes pretty easy. You just have to play by his rules and be patient because sometimes you won't even be able to get a hit in and then others you'll be able to wail on him.
    Yeah, i know his moveset patterns. Just having bad luck with the arrows in phase 2 that still somehow catch up to me even with sprinting to the other side of the room and dodge rolling the last few seconds to still get clipped by arrows and most of the time get clipped by the 2nd soul spear even when dodging the first with no problem. He likes to spam this combo with each teleport most of time even when closing the gap. Usually able to endure until the boss has 1/4 of life left. Ah well, i'll kill him tomorrow when i have a fair amount of time, off to work in a foul mood : P

10+ Year Old Account
    In my case it was trying to rush the 1st phase transition so no estus were spent on the arrow volley, and on 2nd i could afford getting hit once by the arrow barrage and maybe 1 spell for using 1 estus, meaning i had around 10 fucked up teleports in case of emergency (or 9 teleports and 1 time getting hit by the teleport spell)
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

So can anyone give me any details on what the statue of Velka the Goddess of Sin does? The Wiki is abit light on details.

Also so much for my free levels the guy got killed
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So can anyone give me any details on what the statue of Velka the Goddess of Sin does? The Wiki is abit light on details.

Also so much for my free levels the guy got killed
    It resets your hollowing level to 0, but does not cure it (unlike the Fire keeper)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    It resets your hollowing level to 0, but does not cure it (unlike the Fire keeper)
    The non Absolution option is also relevant to a particular questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    K that matters none to be then since I am not hollowed and the NPC died that does it lol.

Thx for the info

Such a amazing view (My new desktop background)
    http://i.imgur.com/dZ4LhFq.jpg

I set it as just a link since it is spoiler.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-15 at 05:13 PM.

Just encountered a guy in PvP that was just sliding doing no movement at all, no animation, nothing but was still doing damage. Is that a cheat ?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, thats a glitch, has happened to me when co oping too.

Is there a particular stat that influences how long you're effectively taken out of action due to a melee hit? I'm getting a little tired of being effectively one shotted because my character is too busy stumbling around to fight back or picking herself up off the ground. Can I drop levels into a particular stat to help with that?

(Ok perhaps one shotted is an exaggeration. But I suck at this game enough without my character taking forever to fight back.)
    Last edited by Collected; 2016-04-15 at 07:58 PM.