Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But in the end.. he didn't become the Lich King but instead he became the personification of the class fantasy.
    So asking permission after they raise him from the dead?
    Death Knights are able to speak with the spirits of the dead , or so it is told in some of the quests in legion.

ok not seeing anyone else mention it so im just gonna say it....

"We're gonna make Tirion GREAT again!"

I mean his death was kinda lack luster so this may make up for it.

wish we had the full picture to see how everything shakes out thou
    Last edited by ryuke09; 2016-04-15 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Paladins are gonna go apeshit over Tirion. We should really get to assault Acherus. We know exactly who wins in a fight between the LK and the Ashbringer
    the lich king does.

if arthas hadnt dicked around he wouldve won, he one shotted our entire army.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Because he has his own themesong.

He's the guy "every" Paladin wants to become when they grow up.
    He was the commander of the Argent Crusade and he carries around Ashbringer.
    He's the guy that does the right thing, even when it will mean he gets exiled.
    And he's the one that beats Arthas.
    Also, really cool questline in vanilla. He is relatable guy....well more than majority of warcraft characters.

Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    , will they just not acknowledge the fact that you essentially did the metaphorical equivalent of breaking into the funeral of a war vet and sticking your **** in the widow's mouth before flipping everyone the bird and driving off with the corpse hanging from your car?
    i rp my dk that way anyways.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

No, he offered to become the Lich King
    In the end another great Paladin took that place, it's quite different.
    He can offer to become the Lich King.
    He can offer to become a Horseman.
    All of that is fine as long as they don't actually do it.

So now they invade Light's Hope, they battle Liadrin and defile Tirion's corpse.
    I do wonder how Blizzard plans on making up for this.. This ironically brings me to: "Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?
    "
    Please no. Blizzard already has to apologize to factions and races when they go forward with the story, they have to apologize to the classes next?

lol, the DK campaign is gonna make the Silver Hand look weak.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I also have a question:

Why do people actually like Tirion Fordring? What makes him a character you care about.
    He's one of the best characters Blizzard's ever created.

The whole storyline with Eitrigg is perfect, where he chooses to overcome prejudice of race and instead judges Eitrigg by the honor he demonstrated(they battled, a tower fell on them, Tirion gets caught under it, wakes to realize Eitrigg saved him), and then is later stripped of his lordship and supposedly his powers, then exiled because of it. He's told he betrayed both the Alliance and the Light. He STILL wouldn't walk away and leave Eitrigg to be executed, because he knew it to be unjust. He fought to rescue him, and when Eitrigg was wounded, desperately called upon the powers he was no longer supposed to have...and the Light answered.

So now Tirion is an exile...but his faith remains unshaken. He knows his choices were correct or else the Light would have forsaken him. But he's content with the peaceful life of an exile. He hangs around to watch over his son. And what starts with his son being inducted into Tirion's old order, the Silver Hand, goes on a big downward spiral where he later joins with the Scarlet Crusade. Tirion can only do so much from exile, but he works with player characters to try and lure his son away from the cult-like order. And succeeds! ...temporarily, as his son is killed in the process. This spurs Tirion to take real action and bring back his old order. He's no longer content doing nothing.

Then from there he becomes the single most important weapon against the scourge. As most everyone knows, he purifies the Ashbringer, standing toe to toe against Arthas and becoming a beacon of the Light. He works with and coordinates both the Horde and the Alliance, in a way that really no one else could...because no one else had the respect from both faction leaders that Tirion did(To the Alliance, he's a redeemed hero. As for the Horde, Thrall was there after the Eitrigg incident, and knows all Tirion risked and sacrificed for the orc). He takes the fight to Icecrown. He forms the Argent Tournament to further prepare people to battle the Lich King. And it's him and his Ashen Verdict that storm the citadel itself(with SOME help ). Frostmourne is broken by his strike...after the Light heeds his plea. Interestingly enough, he even referred to it as a "final blessing".

The prospect of him choosing undeath to continue to defend Azeroth is perfect for his character. He was already ready to be the eternal jailer of the damned by donning the crown and damning himself in the process. Sacrifice has never deterred him. He's the epitome of a paladin hero, which is why the concept of him embracing undeath is so powerful. Besides, maybe Tirion feels wrong asking any more from the Light after it answered what he said would be his last request of it. This doesn't "cheapen" his death like everyone in this thread keeps saying. Tirion's story is one of highs and lows...overcoming loss, and doing what's right even at personal expense. If his death can be considered his lowest "low", this is just him once again persevering and overcoming, but again, for others and not himself. Not even death can stop a hero as selfless as Tirion.

I just don't see how people can NOT care about Tirion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely! Shitting on classes to make other classes feel special is a bad way to go.
    What if he becomes the new "Sir Zeliek", he was basically an undead paladin (the first character that people that want Undead paladins bring up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    What if he becomes the new "Sir Zeliek", he was basically an undead paladin (the first character that people that want Undead paladins bring up)
    That would be pretty cool and besides, if Zeliek could do it, I'm sure Tirion can do too.

Deleted
    Absolutely! Shitting on classes to make other classes feel special is a bad way to go.
    Every single Death Knight of the Ebon Blade is formerly Argent Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Please no. Blizzard already has to apologize to factions and races when they go forward with the story, they have to apologize to the classes next?
    This. I really don't understand why people advocate for story butchering for their faction's pride in the game? I enjoy far more the story, even in the parts where my favourite faction/race/class/hero are being stomped. I mean, did any alliance fan feel insulted reading how stormwind got trashed during the 1st war? no, it made sense made for an interesting story.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Tirons backstory, vanilla quests and his dealings with Eitrigg.

Outside of that, meh. He wasn't awful in WoTLK, but they could have done him a lot better.

Deleted
    General Nazgrim
    Deathbringer Saurfang
    Scourgelord Razuvious
    Ashbringer R. Mograine

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    lol, the DK campaign is gonna make the Silver Hand look weak.
    weak and pathetic.
    Light's hope is holy ground. meaning Dks are weaker and paladins are stronger.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Because he has his own themesong.

He's the guy "every" Paladin wants to become when they grow up.
    He was the commander of the Argent Crusade and he carries around Ashbringer.
    He's the guy that does the right thing, even when it will mean he gets exiled.
    And he's the one that beats Arthas.
    Thats not his theme song.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    weak and pathetic.
    So they say , yet the paladins would have been obliterated , if Tirion didnt arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post

So they say , yet the paladins would have been obliterated , if Tirion didnt arrive.
    Arthas was weakened by the holy ground.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    This. I really don't understand why people advocate for story butchering for their faction's pride in the game? I enjoy far more the story, even in the parts where my favourite faction/race/class/hero are being stomped. I mean, did any alliance fan feel insulted reading how stormwind got trashed during the 1st war? no, it made sense made for an interesting story.
    Nice quote Zlygork. Sorry Kangodo Blizzard shouldn't have to pander to players' faction pride or racial pride and certainly not class pride. It makes for bad stories to appease to player demands. Remember the whole shitshow with Alliance players getting to smack talk Vol'Jin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    weak and pathetic.
    If they are so strong then how come DKs smeared the floor with them in Legion quest where you slaughter a bunch of paladins, slap Liadrin into submission and then piss on Fordring's remains?

Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    He's one of the best characters Blizzard's ever created.

SNIP
    Very nicely put. Tirion accepting undeath for the greater good is actually a perfect continuation of his story.