Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    Not according to me, I never did that. Hell, Mists of Pandaria was the best expansion so far, as far as I'm concerned, and it definitely isn't the oldest one.
    (it'd rival with WotLK I suppose, in terms of how much fun I had during it, but Cataclysm wasn't better than MoP, nor TBC than WotLK, for me)
    A lot of ppl hated mop, many hated it before it even came out b/c of "Kung fu panda" as many put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    A lot of ppl hated mop, many hated it before it even came out b/c of "Kung fu panda" as many put it.
    Yah I have friends that even fall into that category and it is sad really MoP IMO is only rivaled by WoTLK.

Bottom line is removing flight did nothing to make a better game. All it did is add tedium and annoyance and in most peoples eyes that is a bad thing. The only people that may differ are those old school MMO players that never adapted... That whole mindset you have to suffer and bust your ass before you can have fun... That mentality doesn't work in the gaming industry anymore.. games should be fun yah?
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This mess started in April of 2014. This is not a series of accidents or honest mistakes. This was machiavellian to the core and shady with some twisted truths and lies thrown in trying to brute force flying out of the game.
    Then why not announce flying as gone, remove the flying mounts from the store and the CE for Warlords and never talk about it again. Same hit. Much cleaner and the wound heals and there wouldn't be this thread. It doesn't track Mafic. I know you want sinister plans and all of that but the real world doesn't work that way. It's human, humans make mistakes and decision by committee without some strong leadership--obviously missing here--is going to be messy and stupid. Which describes it perfectly: messy and stupid. If they wanted flying gone that much they could have just done it (and probably should have if that was their intention).

They just say no and move on. End of story. The whole thing as it ended up was more about stumbling and lurching.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with this, just because I loved my ground mounts I worked for and feel like i never used em.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursecoin View Post
    I'm ok with this, just because I loved my ground mounts I worked for and feel like i never used em.
    You "loved" your ground mounts?

Yet apparently, your "love" is simply not sufficient to use them unless forced?

OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    You "loved" your ground mounts?

Yet apparently, your "love" is simply not sufficient to use them unless forced?

OK then.
    Sounds like a abusive relationship.

I got the spectral tiger while flight was available... you know what I used the shit out of that thing... If you have to be forced it isn't a healthy relationship and you need to move on.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Deleted
    Blizzard with their stubborn stance on flying is really annoying.

The feature actually was loved by a large part of their playerbase, still their cold wish to generate more playtime overrules the sad faces of the players that lose a beloved feature.

And then lets not talk about the tedious content blizzard uses to gate flying as reward behind.. I wonder what its going to be in legion.. "Kill 10000 demons to get wings"?

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Blizzard with their stubborn stance on flying is really annoying.

The feature actually was loved by a large part of their playerbase, still their cold wish to generate more playtime overrules the sad faces of the players that lose a beloved feature.

And then lets not talk about the tedious content blizzard uses to gate flying as reward behind.. I wonder what its going to be in legion.. "Kill 10000 demons to get wings"?
    Sorry, but if Blizzard let my player have wings to fly with for killing X amount of demons I'd be out spamming the shit out of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sorry, but if Blizzard let my player have wings to fly with for killing X amount of demons I'd be out spamming the shit out of them.
    Very powerful extrinisic rewards even replace the idea a game should be fun.

Well, at least in bad designed games.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Then why not announce flying as gone, remove the flying mounts from the store and the CE for Warlords and never talk about it again. Same hit. Much cleaner and the wound heals and there wouldn't be this thread. It doesn't track Mafic. I know you want sinister plans and all of that but the real world doesn't work that way. It's human, humans make mistakes and decision by committee without some strong leadership--obviously missing here--is going to be messy and stupid. Which describes it perfectly: messy and stupid. If they wanted flying gone that much they could have just done it (and probably should have if that was their intention).

They just say no and move on. End of story. The whole thing as it ended up was more about stumbling and lurching.
    While it might not have been an intentional plot to screw players out of flying in the most incompetant and staggered way ever, it most certainly was an intentional decision to avoid taking responsibility for those screw ups, and spinning everything to attempt to appear as though it was part of their plan all along.

And that's what's bothersome about the entire situation: Blizzard's complete unwillingness to accept responsibility or play it straight with the players. The entire time they've come across like a dirty politician caught in a lie and trying to spin it, rather than a reputable dev team who's admitting and learning from their mistakes.

This stonewall approach to flying is just another aspect of that.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    To further expand on the point you just made: At what point does it stop being OK for Blizzard to continue to screw up? When does it stop being an honest mistake, and starts being a pattern of behavior that Blizzard is covering up for? Furthermore, even if it was honest screw ups, why is it ok for them to get away with charging more for the expansion while screwing it up?
    I guess the pattern was established in WotLK. Lots of content they talked about either never made it to the game or was modified/they lied to swindle people. They adjusted their design with regards to raid size and difficulty several times as they refined the best way to handle it/they were inept and needed firing. The rewards from heroic dungeons were updated to keep them relevant throughout the expansion/they took an easy way to stretch content and milk the players.

And all this is followed by a stonewall approach to flight for Legion. Meanwhile they're busily hyping and testing every other aspect of the game.
    I think you're taking it a bit personal with your accusations of stonewalling. If there is no news they won't say anything, we're not going to get any half-baked ideas subject to change because people will accuse them of lying or pulling a bait-and-switch so you just have to wait. At some point in the future they'll either say "flying will come in patch X after you've done content Y" or they'll say "we've scrapped flying because we hate the players who enjoy it more than we like money and besides this way we can save money on gryphon feed and gyrocopter fuel."

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Very powerful extrinisic rewards even replace the idea a game should be fun.

Well, at least in bad designed games.
    I don't know what all your pretty words mean and don't want to look them up so I'm going to assume you are making a statement about a reward that is powerful and obtained thru a mindless bashing of buttons grind is arbitrary and doesn't improve the game.
    I then have to reply, if I decide to spend my game time grinding out mobs for a cosmetic or fun conceptual improvement to game style, instead of say, playing Rocket League or any number of other games, that's my decision and as something completely optional yet has a flavor of interest that piques mine, what's it matter if I spent my time doing that?

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    @Zenotetsuken

Get over yourself. Flying has ruined the game, and it should have never been implemented in the first place. They already said what it does to the gameplay, and how it trivilizes it. Lets just quit the whining and move on, at least you can work on the achievement to get it eventually.
    Friend, you must not have read the post that you quoted. I said that I wouldn't care if they said "Flying will be back for the last patch of the expansion." or even "No flying period", because that would at least give some closure to the subject. The problem is that they are stringing people along. They don't feel strongly enough about their own opinion to stick with a "No more flying.", yet have no problems telling you that it is ruining the game somehow? Does that honestly sound like something someone would say if they were looking out for the best future for their product?
    'Well... Yeah, I mean, this ____ IS ruining the game... But we aren't going to REMOVE it, we are just going to not allow people to use it until some arbitrary date... that will just so happen to line up right after we start seeing massive sub loss again. We will keep you informed '

Trivial content is trivial regardless of flying. What they have said it does to the "gameplay" isn't an issue of flying, it is an issue of an unwillingness to invest any time/resources into making trivial content worth doing, yet continuing to force that trivial content onto players.
    You might enjoy having to spend 10-30 mins fighting random BS enemies in a maze to get to a quest objective, but to me THAT is bad gameplay. If you combine that, with the fact that enemies have almost no equivalent experience to the actual quests, just means that you are doing nothing but mowing down pointless enemies that only exist to force you to spend that 10-30 mins more per quest in the game.

Perhaps it is time for you to take a look at yourself Jaylock. Quoting a post from 5 months ago, not reading it, and saying that I should get over MYself? You are slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If there is no news they won't say anything, we're not going to get any half-baked ideas subject to change because people will accuse them of lying or pulling a bait-and-switch
    Unless they show some integrity and actually follow through with the hype they themselves generate. For instance, if they say flight will be in 7.1, then make it a priority and actually get it into that patcn, there wouldn't be any grounds for accusations of bait and switch.

Saying nothing at all makes it seem like they're afraid of backlash, and that's a stance of weakness that doesn't inspire confidence.

Unless they show some integrity and actually follow through with the hype they themselves generate. For instance, if they say flight will be in 7.1, then make it a priority and actually get it into that patcn, there wouldn't be any grounds for accusations of bait and switch.

Saying nothing at all makes it seem like they're afraid of backlash, and that's a stance of weakness that doesn't inspire confidence.
    It's an understandable stance to take though. If they make a statement that it will be out for 7.1, they are then opening themselves up to being called liars and shady dealings and etc etc etc. As a "for instance," say they announce it will be released at 7.1, then find out it completely trivializes some big thing they have planned for the same patch, or just aren't ready to release it then for whatever reason, they now have multitudes of people upset. Don't get me wrong, im not saying to not be upset about the switch, but the stance of saying it will be available at some point and allowing you to work on it day 1 shows people it will be in the xpac at some point while still giving devs the rights to be creative either with or without it.

It's an understandable stance to take though. If they make a statement that it will be out for 7.1, they are then opening themselves up to being called liars and shady dealings and etc etc etc. As a "for instance," say they announce it will be released at 7.1, then find out it completely trivializes some big thing they have planned for the same patch, or just aren't ready to release it then for whatever reason, they now have multitudes of people upset. Don't get me wrong, im not saying to not be upset about the switch, but the stance of saying it will be available at some point and allowing you to work on it day 1 shows people it will be in the xpac at some point while still giving devs the rights to be creative either with or without it.
    It's also a stance of avoiding any sort of integrity. And to be completely honest, their recent actions over the course of WoD already has them being called liars, so they very little to lose.

They don't even have to reveal that much or be super specific. They just can't afford to be so damn ambiguous and act so closely to what they did in WoD(which is what they're doing right now).

We are only a handful of months from launch and there not even a hint of flying in Legion. That doesn't inspire confidence either.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-04-16 at 06:16 AM.

It's also a stance of avoiding any sort of integrity. And to be completely honest, their recent actions over the course of WoD already has them being called liars, so they very little to lose.

They don't even have to reveal that much or be super specific. They just can't afford to be so damn ambiguous and act so closely to what they did in WoD(which is what they're doing right now).

We are only a handful of months from launch and there not even a hint of flying in Legion. That doesn't inspire confidence either.
    But it's really not. The things they are dealing in absolutes, such as class design, CM's, raids, and world grind fests (for legendaries), and delivering on those implicitly is what will bring the integrity to the game. They gave absolutes in WoD with their several stance changes on flight and the cap city designs they originally wanted, and THAT is where the problems lie. The absolutes they gave for WoD is what caused the trouble of changing things as the game evolved. The only absolute they have given is that it will be in Legion at a TBA date.
    Again, why do they need to have flight in the Alpha anyways? Just to allow players to have it in a testing phase so they can then turn around and be upset it's not in for launch? It feels like some people are really grasping at straws to keep the thread going by trying to make it sound that since flight isn't on Alpha that Blizz is somehow being deceitful or stirring people up that it won't be in Legion again. It's not new info that it won't be available at launch, so not sure why people are trying to use Alpha to try and support old arguements.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha is for testing. No flying on Alpha, no flying testing. And they shouldn't give a rats ass about people playing Alpha being disappointed in final game. They will be regardless.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

But it's really not. The things they are dealing in absolutes, such as class design, CM's, raids, and world grind fests (for legendaries), and delivering on those implicitly is what will bring the integrity to the game. They gave absolutes in WoD with their several stance changes on flight and the cap city designs they originally wanted, and THAT is where the problems lie. The absolutes they gave for WoD is what caused the trouble of changing things as the game evolved. The only absolute they have given is that it will be in Legion at a TBA date.
    Again, why do they need to have flight in the Alpha anyways? Just to allow players to have it in a testing phase so they can then turn around and be upset it's not in for launch? It feels like some people are really grasping at straws to keep the thread going by trying to make it sound that since flight isn't on Alpha that Blizz is somehow being deceitful or stirring people up that it won't be in Legion again. It's not new info that it won't be available at launch, so not sure why people are trying to use Alpha to try and support old arguements.
    There's nothing absolute about what they said about flight being unlocked until a later date. It's just one more empty promise, exactly like the garbage said before the launch of WoD. We don't even have an achievement in alpha to verify that they intend to stick with that plan!

This is exactly the problem they created with flip flopping in WoD: their word about flight means NOTHING without some form of evidence to back it up. Their credibility on this issue is shot. Maybe they'll' keep their word this time, maybe they won't. But until there's SOMETHING to prove they're not just blowing smoke, all we have to go off is their pattern of behavior and the knowledge that the devs in charge don't like flying. And that doesn't paint a good picture for flight in Legion.

Do you understand now why the silence about flight gets more and more suspicious the longer it goes on?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-04-16 at 10:11 AM.

I never understood these no flying people.
    If you don't want to fly - fine by me - just scamper around on the ground.

But do not force normal players down because some idiot doesn't like to fly while the silent majority does.