Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

New movie?
    Was...was Clemont trying to hit on Magearna? XD

Bruh..

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post

Bruh..
    what is the point of robots if you cant bang them?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post

Bruh..
    I ship them. Not sure if I haven't written that earlier after her first reveal so repeating it now. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    So, theres a new trailer for XYZ where it indicates that Alain "has more than Charizardite X", while also showing a Metang; indicating that he probably has more than just his Charizard. I would dig seeing him with a Metagross.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Report: Gyms are now enabled in the Pokemon GO Field Test

New PGO leaks out and the best information so far:

"Nothing like Ingress"

Glitch killed it!

I wish I could have a lvl 5 Hoopa, but there's no event like that. I understand they take away the burden of lvling for the event mons, but... sometimes you just want to bond with your mon...

Speaking of Hoopa:

The results of the Hoopa Unbound Suspect test have been decided.

Eligible Voters: 216
    Votes: 209

Hoopa-Unbound
    Ban: 128
    Do Not Ban: 81
    Ban % = 61.24%

60% pro-ban is required to ban Hoopa-Unbound from OU, and the vote surpassed that. Thus, Hoopa-Unbound is now banned from OU.

So it just had enough votes to ban it.

Do the missing voters account for more than 1.24%? If yes, they should re-vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    So, theres a new trailer for XYZ where it indicates that Alain "has more than Charizardite X", while also showing a Metang; indicating that he probably has more than just his Charizard. I would dig seeing him with a Metagross.
    In that case I bet Stephen gave it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    In that case I bet Stephen gave it to him.
    What a great guy, Stephan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Do the missing voters account for more than 1.24%? If yes, they should re-vote.
    6 out of the 7 who didn't vote would have to vote no ban, while the other one doesn't really matter. Then you'd have 40ish % in favour of no ban. Not really worth it, imo
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    6 out of the 7 who didn't vote would have to vote no ban, while the other one doesn't really matter. Then you'd have 40ish % in favour of no ban. Not really worth it, imo
    Completely worth it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Completely worth it :P
    There is always the possibility those 7 guys chose to withhold their vote which is a legitimate option. There should be no re-vote

"The Hollywood Reporter claims that Legendary Entertainment is currently poised to acquire the film right to produce a big budget, live action Pokémon movie. Sony and Warner Bros. are also seriously interested, but it looks like Legendary is the one that will be scooping it up. Legendary's latest notable release was 2014's Godzilla reboot, produced alongside Warner Bros. and Toho Co, so it already has some connections to the Japanese film industry. Of course, Warner Bros. is still being given special consideration, too, after it was responsible for distributing the first three animated films in the west. Naturally, none of this is set in stone until one of these companies confirms it officially, but it wouldn't be surprising given the franchise's popularity and 20th anniversary."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._pokemon_movie

i already hunt scoops for marvel, dc, and star wars movies. am i gonna have a 4th cinematic universe i gotta worry about?

inb4 i leak the entire movie like i did for batman vs superman
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd honestly like to see them partner with Disney for it. Two rats for mascots, I mean c'mon it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I'd honestly like to see them partner with Disney for it. Two rats for mascots, I mean c'mon it's perfect.
    Please, Pikachu is a mouse you uncultured Swinub!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "The Hollywood Reporter claims that Legendary Entertainment is currently poised to acquire the film right to produce a big budget, live action Pokémon movie. Sony and Warner Bros. are also seriously interested, but it looks like Legendary is the one that will be scooping it up. Legendary's latest notable release was 2014's Godzilla reboot, produced alongside Warner Bros. and Toho Co, so it already has some connections to the Japanese film industry. Of course, Warner Bros. is still being given special consideration, too, after it was responsible for distributing the first three animated films in the west. Naturally, none of this is set in stone until one of these companies confirms it officially, but it wouldn't be surprising given the franchise's popularity and 20th anniversary."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._pokemon_movie

i already hunt scoops for marvel, dc, and star wars movies. am i gonna have a 4th cinematic universe i gotta worry about?

inb4 i leak the entire movie like i did for batman vs superman
    Unless it's aimed at Pokemon's periphery fanbase, I don't see this as a commercial success as a kid's movie with a 10-15 year old protagonist.

If there was a movie, it sounds like it'd be aimed at the periphery fanbase in the same vein as Origins and the ME specials. (Godzilla Groudon here we come! Jk), with older protagonists and with full blown mafia/nazi antagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    disney can only make so many movies a year and theyre more in the business of outright owning their properties these days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Unless it's aimed at Pokemon's periphery fanbase, I don't see this as a commercial success as a kid's movie with a 10-15 year old protagonist.

If there was a movie, it sounds like it'd be aimed at the periphery fanbase in the same vein as Origins and the ME specials. (Godzilla Groudon here we come! Jk), with older protagonists and with full blown mafia/nazi antagonists.
    pokemon is the 2nd best selling video game series of all time and one of the biggest pop cultural touchstones for children since the 90's.

if ANY video game movie will do well its pokemon. children are crazy about pokemon, teens are crazy about pokemons, adults are crazy about it.

the only video game more engrained in our culture is mario

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pokemon is the 2nd best selling video game series of all time and one of the biggest pop cultural touchstones for children since the 90's.

if ANY video game movie will do well its pokemon. children are crazy about pokemon, teens are crazy about pokemons, adults are crazy about it.

the only video game more engrained in our culture is mario
    That's not what I was talking about.

If this is going to be Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium with more Eric and Pokemon instead of toys, then this isn't going to end well.

On the other hand, if they scale up the age of the characters and give it an absolute antagonists the likes of the latter games such as BW, it'll do great. They can still get the kids to watch it, but only the most diehard older fans would come for MMWE with Pokemon and 10 year olds.

- - - Updated - - -

MMWE is a bad comparison but my point is that it can't just be a kid's film; it needs to be a family film the likes of SW to get everybody to come, not just Pokemon's primary market.