Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    Well, here you get, (just to throw out a random high number) 90% of the work for free.
    Ever thought they didn't want that "great free work" associated with their brand ? I really don't understand why it's so hard to wrap their head around the fact they simply decided for the time being they didn't want legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Mark Kern is talking about Nostalrius...in a positive way
    Not someone you want on your side imo

Deleted
    Mark Kern is talking about Nostalrius...in a positive way
    And your point? He left Blizzard a Decade(!) ago and got nothing done since.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's so hard and costly they added it to Diablo II, Warcraft III and Starcraft recently. I'm sure these three games put much more money in than a few tens of thousands sub... oh, maybe not
    Oh damn by that logic we could have expected classic servers years ago! Oh wait...where are they? Ooops.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    If we have to accept your take on the subject, as someone who never(!) worked for Blizzard and doesn't exactly know how they operate\used to operate, I'm sure we are also able to accept that someone like that has an opinion on the matter too.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2016-04-15 at 08:15 PM. Reason: clearer message

He was part of the team created the MMO that changed the history of MMOs...surely he has done much more than you and me

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Not someone you want on your side imo
    May I ask why?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

He was part of the team created the MMO that changed the history of MMOs...surely he had done much more than you and me
    Yeah and he's done some really weird shit since he left Blizz too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    If we have to accept your take on the subject, as someone who never(!) worked for Blizzard and doesn't exactly know how they operate\used to operate, I'm sure we are also able to accept that someone like that has an opinion on the matter too.
    To be honest I am not sure that having some whose last endorsements include those for Donald Trump and Gamergate supporting your cause is in anyway desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    To be honest I am not sure that having some whose last endorsements include those for Donald Trump and Gamergate supporting your cause is in anyway desirable.
    I dunno maybe it is. He was against copyright protections and other stuff. So hey lead them to the promised land! Lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Still I am not carrying a grudge against Blizzard and claim a better option would have been to hire criminals instead of sending a c&d

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I just read about his history. We should all tweet him back advising him to take over the Nostralius project himself giving it a bright, fiery future.
    That'll be a "fine" way of killing off any intrest in the project, for sure.

I dunno maybe it is. He was against copyright protections and other stuff. So hey lead them to the promised land! Lol
    In his $3million bus?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeMiner View Post
    snip
    Well that is one way to make sure you don't get what you want.

Considering the many former Nost players that have talked about issues on Nost with the coding I think I can discuss it well enough. Blizz wouldn't take that shoddy emulator work.
    Personally I played there for 6 months and encountered 4 bugs. I wont call that bad, but who am I to judge? The biggest problem was the high population as it slowed down the game at peak times. You had to pick your time during the day to play .

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That'll be a "fine" way of killing off any intrest in the project, for sure.
    yeah Mark Kern + Nost = fucking perfect match

It's actually rather funny to me that Blizzard shits on your nostalgia losers. Grow up and move on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    It's actually rather funny to me that Blizzard shits on your nostalgia losers. Grow up and move on.
    I liked their community server was nice everyone helped each other unlike the toxic people on live retail.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

yeah Mark Kern + Nost = fucking perfect match
    https://www.techinasia.com/firefall-...ked-the9-story

Kek

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    It's actually more than Nostalgia. That seems to be the only argument of why you think people enjoyed this server. Also, It's ironic calling someone a loser over the internet and telling them they're the one who needs to grow up. Lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Its because you are WRONG. Runescape is FREE to play.
    Oh sure. Then when I go on their website, I get:

You can play Classic if you have RuneScape Membership and you have previously played Classic.
    And then when I go on their membership page, one-month membership is 9,99$ US. Yep, the very incarnation of free!

http://www.runescape.com/classicapplet/playclassic.ws
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..