Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Agree .. This goes for PVP acheivements as well.. Sucks ass that you're restricted to doing them on one character :-(

Hope to see more accountbound in secondary/pvp in the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Collect clues to the rares from dungeons, raids and world drop. Combine clues to unlock digsites for rares. Explore the digsite (full Indiana Jones style of dropping floors, jumping puzzles etc) to unlock a secret chamber with the "holy grail".
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

I think this is a great idea! Collecting blueprints from around the world would be amazing :-) .. Digsites with dropping floors, jumping puzzles etc .. While this would be awesome.. Blizz would just not put that much effort into a secondary proffesion .. But one can dream

Using achievements as a content crutch is bad design, it's especially bad with archaeology with a long and pointless shopping list of fluff. It's time to do something different with archaeology for sure, maybe have some solves open up solo scenarios similar to the treasure troves one in MoP with gold, mog, pets or mounts as the end reward. And as Tasty said making some of them like an Indiana Jones/Lara Croft style mini dungeon would be cool.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They definitely need to make Pristine solving less stressful because the very last one I need is Decree Scrolls, and I think I've solved about 20 ish atm, and they should consider to add either one of these 2 things:
    .After solving 10 common artifacts, increase the chance to find a pristine by 10% or something.
    .Add in a version of Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator for the races that have the lowest digsite count in that continent. Arakkoa have 10 digsites out 51 that encompass Draenor, so it'd be useful for that race, and obviously great for Tol'vir.

I also think they should have dailies that reward a crate containing a random race's fragments, and you get 50 fragments, along with a chance at it also having the keystone.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Is it really that grindy? I have archaeology, and have spent just a moderate amount of time finding the useful items, like weapons and stuff.

man, i grinded Zin'rokh Destroyer of Worlds till my brains blown out

and never got it, i prolly solved 4k+ artifact, i wanted that weapon at the start of cata so badly q.q

7+ Year Old Account
    If you think about it, when people in the Real world do descover new relics and Examinate Archaeology fragments, they take it back to the lab, that is why I support with all my heart that to Solve fragmetns you should be at an Archaelogy Alter/table.

PS: Tables/Alters/Labs/Profession work station in general, makes people come together and start working togehter... it can even be a place people go to when they need a player with there desiered profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    man, i grinded Zin'rokh Destroyer of Worlds till my brains blown out

and never got it, i prolly solved 4k+ artifact, i wanted that weapon at the start of cata so badly q.q
    Ah yes, I never bothered with that. I just wanted to get the gear with high ilvl for my alts. Good thing I never tried, grinding makes me insane.
    Mother pus bucket!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get a lot of heat for this idea after Uldum, but why not inject a little Indiana Jones into Archaeology? I mean we know that there were some powerful races that have since been wiped out or broken up, every expansion seems to have at least one lost empire. With Profession World Quests being a thing now in Legion, why not have Archaeologists get quests to go out and hunt down relics, and maybe race the opposing faction (Reliquary/Explorer's League) to them?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    First things first: Account wide Archeology. All other things are just secondary to that.
    I cant really agree with most ideas on how to "improve" the profession, but this one I can get behind.
    I agree it could do with being a bit more interactive though, perhaps something akin to a puzzle minigame though not score chasing.
    Perhaps some simple jigsaw like system.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

It should be a variety of random mini games. Show us dusting off pieces of relics and putting them together, and when successful, show us posing and holding the item up with the name shown,like Legion Artifact weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty View Post
    Agree! Have you made any detailed thoughts about these minigames and how they were to work ?
    Fishing would be easy. You keep the existing model for nostalgia freaks but also add fishing hubs to port locations. Visiting one allows you to choose a scenic location from whichever zone you were in and take a boat out to play a fishing minigame. There would be goals like catching biggest fish, rare breeds etc. Basically a ripoff of every fishing game ever invented in a wow skin.

Archaeology is so interleaved with lore that it deserves as much development as pet battles. It should involve visiting big lore locations and some kind of scenario based treasure gaunlet like isle of thunder had. It'd be cool to go back to certain locations we quested in or dealt with in past lore to dig up lost treasures